Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosa Nuova: A New Mafia [Concluded]

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Default Re: Cosa Nuova: A New Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    Suggestion: PM some of the old geezers from the good old days of Mafia II/III.
    Ok, I've done it.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

I'll take a crack at if I can still get in.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Due to the database crash I'm going to extend signups somewhat... many of my invitees haven't had a chance to read their PMs yet.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

What about Mafia I? They'd work.. while not rambling on for pages and pages, which I like.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Sorry guys, I can't join this one. I'll be at another University "studying" (going to a football game and getting hammered) from fri-sun. Thanks anyway for the pm though!

I think i could have time to play this one.Count me in.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    Sorry guys, I can't join this one. I'll be at another University "studying" (going to a football game and getting hammered) from fri-sun. Thanks anyway for the pm though!
    Slippery illegitimate son. YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER!!! I WILL HAVE MY REWENGE!!!!111oneoneone

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

Sign me up!!!!!!11111111
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

If any openings still exist, I will participate.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

*** SIGNUPS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED ***

Thanks to everyone participating! Prepare for a great game of epic proportions!

Roles will be determined now.

Final Participant List:

AggonyDuck
    Big King Sanctaphrax
    Byzantine Mercenary
    ByzantineKnight
    Cowhead418
    Crazed Rabbit
    Csar
    Destroyer of Hope
    discovery1
    Divine Wind
    doc_bean
    Drisos
    Dutch_guy
    Evil_Maniac From Mars
    GeneralHankerchief
    Glaucus
    Kagemusha
    King Henry V
    Leet Eriksson
    Orb
    Peasant Phill
    Proletariat
    Reenk Roink
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    Silver Rusher
    Sir Moody
    Tiberius
    Xiahou
    Zalmoxis

From these I will choose, at random, the following:

3 Mafiosi

The mafia will be able to kill 2 people each night, no matter how many are left. Naturally, as long as all three remain, they will have to communicate internally to decide who to kill. They will PM me with their kills each turn, including the target and the method of killing. However, I will not post the kills exactly as I receive them: I'll write them out myself, unless the mafioso sending the kill prefers it otherwise.

Mafia members are not allowed to kill each other. They are, of course, allowed to vote for each other.

2 Detectives

Each detective will be able to investigate one player per turn. They will work independently and will not know who each other are. Each night, they will perform their investigations by sending me a PM indicating the player they wish to investigate. I will respond with either a guilty or innocent verdict. When a mafioso is successfully investigated, I will also indicate which victims have been killed by said mafioso.

2 Doctors

Each doctor will be able to "protect" one player per turn. They will work independently and will not know each other's identities. They will do their work in the same manner as detectives: each night, they will PM me with the identity of the player they wish to protect. (They cannot protect themselves). The protected player cannot be killed by the mafia during that night.

When a kill is successfully blocked by a doctor, the story the following morning will reflect this - that is, you will see the attempted kill, and will know the target of it. Obviously, a player who has been unsuccessfully targeted by the mafia is innocent.

Time Limits

Each night, players with the above roles will have 24 hours to PM me with instructions. If I don't get a PM from a player within that time limit, they will be idle for that turn. If I am delayed in posting the results for some reason, they will be granted extra time. Extra time may also be granted at my discretion. This may happen occasionally, but shouldn't be counted on.

(Note that this time limit is designed to keep the game moving along. There's a fairly large number of players with roles, and inevitably some will be away from the Org for several days. I'm not holding up the game in that event.)

Soon, seven of you will receive PMs from me indicating your role. Obviously this is quite a lot of roles concerning my 40-message limit, so I'll be offloading PMs to my PC quite often. No spamming please.

That's it - good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by Kommodus; 10-13-2006 at 00:00.

PMs have been sent. If you didn't receive one, you're simply a villager. Don't worry - you can still be powerful in influencing the game!

It is now night-time. The first 24-hour period begins now. If you have a special role, this is your time to PM me with your action.

Once again, good luck to all!

VOTE: Reenk Roink

cuz he too goes to Ann Arbor! THE CHIEF CALLS FOR THE BLOOD OF OUR ENEMIES! DOWN WITH UoM!
    Last edited by discovery1; 10-13-2006 at 02:48.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by discovery1
    VOTE: Reenk Roink

cuz he too goes to Ann Arbor! THE CHIEF CALLS FOR THE BLOOD OF OUR ENEMIES! DOWN WITH UoM!
    Ummm yeah I don't think were supposed to vote yet Disco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Some people just don't learn lol. Don't you remember getting lynched for doing that last game disco?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Sasaki did you turn your invisiblity on again?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think his sig answers that one.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Didn't even see that what are you afraid of Sasaki?

I realized that if I'm ever in the mafia I'll want to use invisibility mode. Therefore I shall simply use it from now on whether I'm mafia or not, so that my being in invisible mode gives no indication of whether I'm mafia or not. I turned it on a couple days ago.

Obviously I'm not trying to hide it :p

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    Some people just don't learn lol. Don't you remember getting lynched for doing that last game disco?
    Are you setting me up as a scapegoat? Very suspicious. Hell, we should lynch you just because you insist on being invisible. You can always use that as a cover, so you are always a danger.

Are you setting me up as a scapegoat? Very suspicious. Hell, we should lynch you just because you insist on being invisible. You can always use that as a cover, so you are always a danger.
    True dat

Your feuding is still perfect cover. You seem to be trying to redirect attention from this fact though.

BKS can see what I'm doing anyway (there are several other people who are invisible by the way). Like I said I turned it on a couple days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Csar
    True dat
    ^^spam

Care to add more?

Your feuding is still perfect cover. You seem to be trying to redirect attention from this fact though.

BKS can see what I'm doing anyway (there are several other people who are invisible by the way). Like I said I turned it on a couple days ago.
    I'm invisible too. So I can be just like you Sasaki the only difference is you can still see me.

^^spam

Care to add more?
    Spam how I was agreeing with Disco? Why do you hate me?

Actually, considering how spoiled last game was, maybe everyone should go on invisible. Kommodus spent ages last game looking at peoples profiles. Could prevent game spoilers.

Actually, considering how spoiled last game was, maybe everyone should go on invisible. Kommodus spent ages last game looking at peoples profiles. Could prevent game spoilers.
    Wait, was THAT K's super power?

Wait, was THAT K's super power?
    Yah. I would be looking at "who's online" and would see

Kommodus: Viewing user profile: Masy
    Kommodus: Viewing user profile: CrazedRabbit
    Kommodus: Viewing user profile: Cowhead418
    Kommodus: Viewing user profile: ReenkRoink

Seems like that would eat up alot of your time. And you would be going off of a guess. But if that is what he did then good job.

Yah. I would be looking at "who's online" and would see

Kommodus: Viewing user profile: CrazedRabbit
    Kommodus: Viewing user profile: ReenkRoink
    How perfect. And I will NOT go invisible. I encourage others to do the same.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast