Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Axis of Evil" an Washington Post article

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

Default Re: "Axis of Evil" an Washington Post article

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd Fafnesbane
    I guess this thread suddenly died. I hope it was not my reply.
    Not at all - most likely its from the fact that many did not read the article nor realize what it was stating.

Quote Originally Posted by MRD
    I think a good question is whether or not this would be happening (re:iran and nk nukes) if the speech did not contain the reference? I think it would still be happening.
    I am of the opinion that the nuclear weapons programs of both North Korea and Iran predate the axis of evil speech of President Bush, and would have reared its ugly head anyway.
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg
    I am of the opinion that the nuclear weapons programs of both North Korea and Iran predate the axis of evil speech of President Bush, and would have reared its ugly head anyway.
    I agree, and the fact that said nations changed their oil transaction currency to € after the "axis of evil" speech, also tells us that it was not this that motivated Bush to name them so.
    Status Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Caravel
    The whole idea of an "axis of evil" is a ridiculous one. It is nothing more than rhetorical nonsense. Iraq is not evil, the ba'athist regime was, the same goes for Saudi Arabia, not evil people, but an evil regime, though strangely enough not part of the axis.
    They arent part of the 'axis' because America have to keep them happy. They're the largest oil producing country in the world, upsetting them would result in all theyre oil trading switching to Euros and America loosing $Billions (hence why Iraq was invaded). America are trying to keep them sweet until they can justify an invasion (i.e. when the royal family is overthrown)

Naughty Little Hippy Senior Member Tachikaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by satchef1
    They arent part of the 'axis' because America have to keep them happy. They're the largest oil producing country in the world, upsetting them would result in all theyre oil trading switching to Euros and America loosing $Billions (hence why Iraq was invaded). America are trying to keep them sweet until they can justify an invasion (i.e. when the royal family is overthrown)
    Right, as with China, as well.

Screw luxury; resist convenience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12