Thread: Buildings & Settlements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Buildings & Settlements

A listing of some of the new building effects can be found here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=73978

Prefixes
    guild_ makes the building unbuildable, but instead subject to rules defined in export_descr_guilds

temple_ as in Rome, only one temple_ structure can be built in a settlement

hinterland_ as in Rome, makes the building indestructable

Agent limits
    The building capability agent_limit allows you to alter the number of agents that can be recruited for each one of this type of building. The basic 'agent' capability simply allows this type of agent to be constructed with no limits.

Material
    This is believed to be used for the purposes of calculating the impact of stone_cost_bonus and stone_time_bonus (i.e. non-stone buildings don't get them).

Capabilities

• taxable_income_bonus displays correctly but has no effect
    • income_bonus doesn't display correctly (Instant income bonus %d florins +<bonus>) but it correctly adds the <bonus> as neat income coming from buildings.
    • trade_level_bonus doesn't display the bonus but it works (land trade only), even if the formula used is still a mistery to me (with a bonus of 1 a land trade income of 52 raised to 181).
    • trade_base_income_bonus doesn't display the bonus but it works (all kind of trades), the bonus appears to be a 10% on the trade income.
    • farming_level. Base farming level is set in descr_regions.txt and it gives 80 florins (average harvest) for each point. So each farming_level bonus point increase the incomes of 80 florins. Btw, there's no bonus points limit to 5, I managed to give 10 bonus points but it seems they don't add up if they're on different buildings (at least 10 points in the walls and 1 point in land clearance didn't add up in my test).
    • weapon_missile_mechanical displays correctly the bonus but whatever value you put there the retrained missile unit will gain 1 point in melee attack on its card. How this translate in real combat is left to further experiments (I wonder if it's the same as armor upgrades).
    • population_loyalty_bonus displays correctly the bonus but doesn't seem to work just like in RTW.

Hardcoded limits
    export_descr_building.txt
    Hidden resources - 64
    Number of complexes - 128
    Number of buildings in a chain - 9
    Last edited by alpaca; 12-08-2007 at 00:41.