Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Trading Republic of Kart-Hadast. (AAR)

Default Re: The Trading Republic of Kart-Hadast. (AAR)

For some reason I've always found Kart-Hadast interesting.. Sadly though, I hardly know a lot about them.. Anyway, on what facts did those historians base that they reached the new world? And about them using Vanilla, I hope it wasn't.. For historic purpose of course only 1 version of RTW could be proper, EB.

Oh and I likely won't be able to do an update today, pherhaps though.. One never knows.. Anyway, was thinking. Pherhaps I should repost this AAR since the first parts to be seen are still of the 'old version' and I'm rewriting it.. Just thinking pherhaps there are other solutions like deleting the first version..
    Last edited by Aenos; 11-07-2006 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by scourgeofrome
    Random: Last night I was watching something on the History Channel about Carthage.Interesting things:
    (...)
    2.Saw what I think was the RTW vanilla being used to show Hannibal's first battle in Roman lands.
    CA has mentioned something of the kind before, hasn't it?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    CA has mentioned something of the kind before, hasn't it?
    I know.This was just the first time I've seen it.Plus it wasn't on the show they talked about.It was on Engineering an Empire: Carthage.

I wonder what will happen to this AAR after 0.8 arrives..

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

well, what the problem, you can just replay the campaign until the actual situation on 0.8, if you want to continue it. that's a fine aar, if you dont mind, i only can suggest you to use the fourth(4th) option in imageshack, so your pictures appear to full screen in the forum, it is the first line that appear under the miniature of the pic in the imageshack screen.

salut!

I'm truly humbled by that compliment coming from such a great AAR-writer. Well, I guess I could replay it, I mean, it's only about 10-15 years I guess.. On a side note, with luck I'll be able to rewrite a bit further this evening..
    Last edited by Aenos; 11-13-2006 at 17:11.

Terribly sorry.. I've wrote a tiny bit, but not even near enough for a proper update. To much homework..

Quote Originally Posted by scourgeofrome
    I know.This was just the first time I've seen it.Plus it wasn't on the show they talked about.It was on Engineering an Empire: Carthage.
    DANG IT I MISSED IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSpartan
    DANG IT I MISSED IT!!!!
    Luckily,I recorded it.Haven't finished watching it,but it was okay.Talked a little too much about the Punic Wars though.

As you have noticed, I haven't updated in weeks. Well.. Seeing I don't have much time to write and this isn't likely to be changing, I've decided to put it this AAR on a hold. Perhaps someday I will be able to continue it, or maybe make a new one.. But not now. I hope you enjoyed the earlier parts.

It hasn't been too long since I decided to put an end to my former AAR, but well.. The coming of 0.8 kind of makes me wish to write a new one. I have a bit more time now, and if I'll keep myself from rewriting (yes, I get kind of bored by rewriting something I've already written.. ) I think I'd be able to make a longer one (if my situation doesn't change to much).

What do you think? Would anyone wish to see a new AAR by me (I know I'm not the greatest writer though..)?
    Last edited by Aenos; 12-08-2006 at 16:01.

I'd love to see a new one, yessir.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

Then I'll likely start tomorrow, but with which faction? I'm quite certain it will be a hellenistical one, but there are so many of them.. Pontos perhaps.. At least I know it won't be Arké Seleukeia since I lose with them all times..

Pontos it is. Just hoping I'll survive seeing the Seleukids just betrayed me..

*curses* I'm sorry to inform you the new AAR will be delayed.. I just gave up my campaign with Pontos and will have to choose a new faction.. Why did I surrender? Well, part of my royal family was already dead within the first few years, the city I conquered (and that was most of my economy) rebelled to the Makedonians, I was at war with Arké Seleukeia and was beeing beaten badly, then the Makedonians decided to slaughtered my fleeing garrison in the city that rebelled.. It was impossible to win with a few units of slingers and a lack of money..

*curses* Alright.. Another setback.. My harddisk is fried and though I have been able to get a new pc from my father (he's nice and quick in such things) I of course still have to reinstall everything.. Might be a few days until I can finally begin my new AAR.. Sorry..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12