Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Black Hand [Concluded]

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Default Re: The Black Hand (new mafia)

Im in, since I dont have to worry about playing 2 games at once now
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Alright Sasaki I got some questions. When do we start the game? After SR's is finished or before?

And when are we going to get some more information on the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Csar
    Alright Sasaki I got some questions. When do we start the game? After SR's is finished or before?

And when are we going to get some more information on the game?
    I was about to post it but now I'm not.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    I was about to post it but now I'm not.
    Ok that makes me happy. Why do you hate freedome?

I'm in
    A revolutionary game featuring Mafia as protagonists!
    A game designed to give maximum people the roles
    A game that gives secret roles to people along the way
    A game that everybody will enjoy!

Mafia: The Merging of America Cosa Nostra
    Register your place now!

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Please sign up Kommo "I'm still not telling you how I know" dus.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

I've just been lynched innocent in the Godfather, sign me up!

- Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Signups closed, I'll be sending out pm's.

Sasaki Kojiro was enjoying his coffee in the seaside cafe of Verzanna at sunset.

Hearing a screeching of tires he looked up in surprise, just in time to see a black sedan come to a halt outside the cafe.

He barely had time to notice the gunmuzzle sticking out of the backseat window before the the cafe was ripped apart by machine gun fire. The car sped off and Sasaki was left laying in a pool of his own blood.

The town doctor had just informed the anxious citizens that though Sasaki's state was still critical there was a good chance he would live. If he had arrived minutes later he would not have been in time. As the crowd exited the hospital they were still discussing what had been the hottest topic for the past few hours, who had attempted to kill Sasaki and why?

They noticed that the town billboard had been stripped clear of all the usual advertisements and announcements. Instead there was posted a single letter, which read:

Citizens of Verzanna:

Ours is an ancient order. We three have lived among you for many years, watching over this small town. It is with sad hearts that we inform you that three members of The Black Hand have infiltrated our town and are living amongst us. It was they who attacked our policeman. What purpose they have in this town we do not know, but rest assured we will do our best to protect the town by patrolling as watchmen each night. We have some ability to hand out justice on our own but for the most part it will be up to the townspeople to rid Verzanna of these parasites.
    There was no signature, just the symbol:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Not quite sure what you're getting at here, Sasaki. Sounds like something a mafioso would post.

Vote: SK

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Not quite sure what you're getting at here, Sasaki. Sounds like something a mafioso would post.

Vote: SK
    I only wonder why he would kill himself.

Voting hasn't started yet and I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    Voting hasn't started yet and I'm not dead
    No one can survive a mafia bullet even you. CHEATER

Vote: Sasaki

PM's sent. If you didn't get one you don't have a role sorry. Kills will be posted in ~24 hours.

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Has anybody checked the links yet? There's a page attached to one of them that has a whole bunch of roles. There's also a link that only talks about vigilantism, the one that says their own justice. Isn't that the same as the lynching?
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Masons!

Ok people, check for people who are doing funny handshakes...
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Default Re: The Black Hand (started)

Hmmm, so the three people who posted on the billboard are masons. So now when we vote to lynch someone our chances of killing an innocent roleplayer are even higher than usual because we also have a doctor and cops to worry about, and if the badguys only hit one person per round it keeps the odds in their favor longer. So do we have to lynch each round, what if the whole village abstained? I'm sure this suggestion will get me killed first again

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................................................

Maybe. I feel like I want to kill somebody any moment. Major Robert Dump, that wasn't a wise thing to say. I hope that the mafia does not kill you the next round, but I am suspicious of you... Maybe you are "pretending" to be innocent... You must be a mafioso... WHY ELSE WOULD YOU WANT US NOT TO LYNCH?

Vote: Major Robert Dump
    A revolutionary game featuring Mafia as protagonists!
    A game designed to give maximum people the roles
    A game that gives secret roles to people along the way
    A game that everybody will enjoy!

Mafia: The Merging of America Cosa Nostra
    Register your place now!

because if we give the detective and masons time enough to do their job we wont go lynching innocents and the mafia will get themselves caught by the masons. I made the argument of abstaining in GII, but in that game there is only a doc and a detective. meanwhile, the mafia only killed one guy last round, that guy being me, and now the whole damn village cant figure out if the mafia is messing with them or if we got a mafia on the first lynch, which is wholly impossible due to the timetable.

Of all the people in all this game to lynch, why would I paint a big bullseye on my head for both the mafia and the village by asking about the ramifications of a town-wide abstain? TBH, this game intrigues me, I'm sorry I missed the first few

I think we need to lynch, for the same reasons Sasaki explained in Godfather. I think it's really, really eerie how quiet it is. There's a couple of folks that usually lead the charge in terms of sifting through what we know, and they haven't said anything. Top of that list is Sigurd.

Vote: Sigurd.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    I think we need to lynch, for the same reasons Sasaki explained in Godfather. I think it's really, really eerie how quiet it is. There's a couple of folks that usually lead the charge in terms of sifting through what we know, and they haven't said anything. Top of that list is Sigurd.

Vote: Sigurd.
    Don, voting doesn't start until someone's been killed.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Oh. I saw some debate already ongoing, I thought that we were picking a lynchee already. Sorry Sigurd.

Unvote: Sigurd
    Vote: Abstain

Strike for the South

The townspeople were still standing around the bulletin board in some confusion when a commotion back at the hospital got their attention. Hurrying back, they were greeted with the sight of the doctor examining Kommodus' throat. A mafioso had been waiting behind him when he got into his car and attempted to kill him with piano wire.

Those among the townspeople who had thought the letter from the "masons" was just an elaborate prank thought so no longer. Slowly they left the hospital and headed home for the night. Those with cars checked very carefully for mafioso's in the back seat.

Sigurd Fafnesbane was ruminating on the toilet. "Who were these members of the "The Black Hand" and what did they want? For that matter who were these Masons? Was it possible this had anything to do with the old legand about..." He stood up, and before he could finish his sentence his house was ripped apart by an explosion loud enough to waken the entire town, if any of them had managed to fall asleep.

Killed(1):
    Sigurd Fafnesbane

Alive(27):
    Csar
    Divine Wind
    Don Corleone
    Reenk Roink
    GeneralHankerchief
    discovery1
    Silver Rusher
    Kagemusha
    Big King Sanctaphrax
    Ignoramus
    Dutch Guy
    Sir Moody
    Proletariat
    Crazed Rabbit
    Husar
    EMFM
    Xiahou
    Cowhead
    doc_bean
    AggonyDuck
    Masy
    Glaucus
    ByzantineKnight
    Major Robert Dump
    theRTWguru
    Kommodus
    Drisos

Please remember to bold all votes. You have 24 hours. Time may be extended if there is enough discussion. Those who I feel are not participating enough will be eliminated...this may include people who show up every round just to abstain.

Hmmmm, those were very brief kill descriptions and especially the Kommodus being saved part was a bit unclear. Although on further examination it does make sense. I had originally thought that the Mafioso was in the car, but it seems like the Mafioso was behind him and basically missed his chance when Kommodus entered his car.

Anyway, this started on a positively. We have one villager whom we know is innocent and at the same time the Mafia lost a kill. So we have gained a slight advantage now. Way to go doctor!

EDIT: Oh lol, I need to start reading things properly. Looks like the mafioso was in the car afterall, but somehow thanks to the doctor Kommodus survived.
    Last edited by AggonyDuck; 10-28-2006 at 22:19.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Default Re: The Black Hand (day 1)

Reenkmaistro is pleasantly surprised that a doctor was able to save a villager on Day 1. Kommodus has also been proven innocent. Of course, he is not able to point any fingers, and as such, he abstains, courteously.

Good job from the Doctor. It seems that the mafia tryed to eliminate some of the most dangerous townspeople towards them at the first round. Thanks to Doc Kommodus was saved,but unfortunately we lost Sigurd. There is not much to go with at the moment so i will Abstain at the moment.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Csar abstains, courteously.

:D

Quote Originally Posted by Csar
    Csar abstains, courteously.

:D
    Just for reference, these are the kinds of posts I consider not-contributions :p

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

Well, I normally support lynching in the first round, however, with doctors, detectives AND masons running around, killing one of them might be too big a risk after all. Though I'm still rather unsure about that, I need to think it over and might vote when more people have posted...

For now I vote:abstain, rather reluctantly...
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Analysing posting times, I'd say at least one of the mafiosi or the doctor does not live in America. Sasaki has been quite active I think, Sigurd wouldn't have been killed if the mafia knew he would be suspected, so Sasaki must have received the Sigurd murder before the other.

So after, a lot of thinking, I come up with the slightest possible clue to the identity of the mafia... well...

Vote: No Lynch

Just for now.

Oh and we as non-special-role villagers, what can we advise the doctor? Should he save Kommodus each round, or pick other that he thinks might be murdered? I don't really know which would be better for the town...
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast