Thread: Samurai Warlords XIV

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Samurai Warlords XIV

Samurai Warlords XIV
    Down to the last three weekends

This Sunday October 29th 2006 at 19:00 GMT (7 pm BST UK – 2 pm EDT US).

Samurai Warlords Beta 5 with 11b stats on (fL)_ryu_Auerstadt at 9k.

Beta 5 mod with 11b stats (and stat switch to and from VI stats) for MTW/VI v1.02.
    (30 minute download) http://www.clanwarscopm.org/samurai/STWmod_beta5_11b.zip

Maps required are from the Vol1-3 pack.http://www.clanwarscomp.org/samurai/...PackVol1-3.zip

All Welcome

19:00 hours or 7 PM GMT

8 PM in Germany and Italy
    7 PM in United Kingdom
    2 PM in New York
    1 PM in Chicago
    12 PM in Denver
    11 AM Los Angeles

Last edited by Tomisama; 10-29-2006 at 14:11.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Default Re: Samurai Warlords XIV

Samurai Warlords Beta 5 with 11b stats on (fL)_ryu_Auerstadt at 9k
    Will we meet L'Empereur?

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"All Welcome :-)"

That mean I can attend also, since I did some playing with the Mod today, and I love it :-)

Warman,

If you want to test your install for multiplayer before next Sunday, we can make a time to meet. I can play most days after 5 pm EST.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Blog Entries

hey m8,

That be good, I'll be on today at 5PM, mabe 5:30PM, and Tomarrow and Wednesday around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}KingWarman888
    hey m8,

That be good, I'll be on today at 5PM, mabe 5:30PM, and Tomarrow and Wednesday around the same time.
    OK. I'll be there at 5 pm EST today and wait until 5:30 pm.

Blog Entries

k becauses I might be eating dinner around 4:30, and not get done till 5 or so. Yea I be on Today, and if we don't play today,same time tomarrow then.

Blog Entries

Hey Puzz,

GG both games m8 and thanks for both also.. I did Fairly Well, Better then what I thought,even though I lost Both. I was 100 kills away from Puzz both game, and I think I can do really good on this mod with 1-2 weeksm ore of games and/or pratice,thanks Puzz and rest of you guys :-) :-)

Tomi,

what's up for today?
    Auerstedt once gain or a new map?
    I for one would like to play some games.....

R'as

Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Sorry R’as, so busy I haven’t been able to get here.

Auerstedt is unfortunately flawed with a dead spot that cause units to disappear. This a hazard of custom maps I know. But in this case what I saw directly influenced the outcome of the battle, so I think it’s best that we don’t use it.

Still have some errands to run this morning, but was thinking to pick several maps (as we need to catch up on Provinces) from the Mizu collection, and play on them today. Mizulands 19 is the only one we have officially use so far, so there’s lots to pick from

Expecting even more from my Clan to join in today. See you there same time as above

Blog Entries

Hey,

good to see all of you guys on today. Thanks for helping me and Sorry for wasting you guys time.I felt bad for bothering you guys with my toubles.

No problem Warman

We spend a lot of time helping people to get started with the Samurai Warlords mod.

The biggest problems seem to come in either the stat or map installs*. The mod itself usually is no problem. That is, with the original MTW, VI, and 2.01 patch set-up.

But if you are working with the TW Eras version, there may be something special that needs to be done. Our experts will have to have a look at this

*if you are upgrading 10b to 11b stats or adding the 1-3 mappack, it is highly recommended to unzip to a temporary file first, and then copy the contents to where they are suppose to go.

P.S. For multiplayer, "do not" use anything related to the Beta 7 versions.
    Last edited by Tomisama; 11-06-2006 at 13:26.

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}KingWarman888
    Hey,

good to see all of you guys on today. Thanks for helping me and Sorry for wasting you guys time.I felt bad for bothering you guys with my toubles.
    Hey warman,

we do like to help but we need some info from you.
    From what you've said in the lobby it appears to me that you don't have
    Viking Invasion installed in the same place/ folder as Medieval.
    This can be a huge problem.
    Please tell me all about your TW:Eras install. What choice does the installer offer when you install VI? Is the Medieval folder given as default when you install and did you chose a seperate folder?
    Is VI a seperate install at all or do you install the whole Medieval:Viking invasion in one go?
    Also if VI is a seperate folder then please provide me the names of the subfolders in the folder Viking Invasion.
    Basically, give me all information you can gather.
    This would really help to tailor the mod for people like you with the Eras version.

R'as

Blog Entries

Hey All,

Let me Clear Everything Up. Yes, I got TW Eras

But No, I don't use Eras

I Use the MTW and VI Copies I brought back in 2002 and 2004
    and Yes Ras, I had VI, just like the requirments for the Mod asked for. I stuck the Mod into the MTW Main Folder, where VI was at, I had the BEta 5 11B Version, I had ploblems when I installed the mappack yesterday..

OK, my fault for not checking that you had the custom maps Warman. Your STWmod worked using the standard MTW maps. Installing the maps to the \battle\maps subfolder wouldn't corrupt your install. All that would do is put the maps in \battle\maps\battle\maps. You could cut and paste them from there up to \battle\maps and delete the extra \battle\maps stub.

Remember, when you install MTW + VI you then have to apply the v2.01 patch before you install the mod. The best thing to do is keep an MTW/VI v2.01 install that you don't change, and just copy the whole thing to a new folder and install the mod on that. That way you never have to install MTW/VI more than once. Then make a shortcut to the medieval_tw.exe, and put -strictserver (leave a space in front of the "-") as an argument on the target line of the shortcut. You can also put -ian if you want to use unlimited camera for watching replays (you can go as high as you want with the camera for a nice overview). This is disabled in multiplater.

Here are two replays of nice 3v3 battles we had on Sunday.

Blog Entries

Hey,

thanks guys for helping me out.. I'll re-install VI tomarrow or Thursday, and try it out then. thanks :-) :-)

Tomi,

in which stage are we now and who did win yesterday?

R'as

R'as,

I'm sorry I ruined that game for you where you were my ally by rushing. The combination of that giant hole in the middle of the map, the desert terrain and the hill I had to attack frontally because of the hole was all too frustrating for me. Perhaps better would have been if I went left to double Tomi and have you fall back, but I don't consider battleplans that require a lot of maneuvering on a desert map because of the high fatigue rate.

Blog Entries

Sorry I could not make it. had to take this major test for school, took 3-5 hours,never would have made it in the first place :-( :-(

Yes, you totally ruined it.

Nah, I just thought if you had said anything we might have made it together, conquering that hill would've been nice. But I wasn't mad or anything.
    But, please can we never again play that map? This hole was just ridiculous.

All other games were fun. Especially the rainy one where I thought the whole time: "Where's everybody?.... Must be a lot of fighting on that other flank....Where's the rest of Tosa's army?" And we had about 1200 or more completely useless teppos on the field, stoically holding the line for the whole time of the battle, waiting for the rain to stop......... which never happened.
    The best thing was that I only lost 86 men during that battle. I'll try to improve that further.
    Really, I had great fun yesterday. Thanks for the games.

R'as

Every game that I lost yesterday had CBR on the opposite team. I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.

But you're right R'as. Win or lose, better communication leads to more satisfying battles, and I'll work on that part of my game.

Hmm, how do I download this thing to play on MP...and which version? I've been playing the beta 7 on single player while waiting for MTW II. Now that the early feedback makes it look like MTW II still has some issues that need to be fixed before it's worthwhile on MP, I thought I might give this thingy a try if you have room for one more. Of course I will need lots of help as I started playing MP with Viking Invasion and never played STW online.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life." - Blazing Saddles

"Mongoclint only pawn in game of MTW"-Mongoclint

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local....php?catid=131

Beta5+ is the complete installer made by CBR. Just install that to a fresh copy of MTW/VI.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Ok, thanks.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life." - Blazing Saddles

"Mongoclint only pawn in game of MTW"-Mongoclint

Quote Originally Posted by ArmaEtLorica_Mongoclint
    Hmm, how do I download this thing to play on MP...and which version? I've been playing the beta 7 on single player while waiting for MTW II. Now that the early feedback makes it look like MTW II still has some issues that need to be fixed before it's worthwhile on MP, I thought I might give this thingy a try if you have room for one more. Of course I will need lots of help as I started playing MP with Viking Invasion and never played STW online.
    Everything you need is in my signature. You should install the beta_5 over an unmodified MTW/VI v2.01. The best way to do this is to copy an unmodified MTW/VI to a new folder, and install the beta_5 on that. Then make a new shortcut to the medieval_tw.exe in that folder, and don't forget to include -strictserver on the target line of the shortcut. Leave a space before the "-". If you don't have the custom maps, get those. Use the game folder as the target path.

We have room for more players, and right now the players are still learning the dynamics of the gameplay. The proper use of each unit type is straight forward. There is no need to study complicated unit stats and upgrade options. The melee strength is proportional to cost within the melee infantry types. Cav types are somewhat more expensive due to their higher mobility and ranged units due to their ranged weapon over what their melee capability alone would warrant. In general, cav beats swords, swords beat spears and spears beat cav.

1. Archers are highly effective against the low armor WM, ND and YA, moderately effective against the medium armor YS, SA, teppo, CA, and YC, and not very effective against the high armor NI, NC and HC. Archers are vulnerable to cav attack.
    2. Guns should not be charge frontally until they have been weakened. Guns don't shoot in rain. NC, HC, WM and ND have high enough morale to successfully charge unweakened guns, but it's very costly.
    3. The YC is a spear cavalry unit that gets an anti-cav bonus, and is the fastest cav. So, it's good for countering enemy cav, but not good for frontal attacks on melee infantry, although, it can defeat the relatively weak ND sword unit.
    4. The small hatamoto is ideal for use as the general's unit.
    5. The NI is a defensive unit that is best used to block an enemy unit while you attempt to flank with another unit.
    6. The ND is best used as a flanker. It has a high charge value but very low defense value.
    7. YA and YS are anti-cav units. The YA being faster than the YS, but not as resilient.
    8. The WM is the strongest melee infantry unit.
    9. The HC is the strongest cav unit and can defeat the WM, but will lose to the YS. The HC is an even matchup with the YC.
    10. The NC is basically a less expensive version of the HC, but slightly more offensive. It will lose to YC, but is good against non-spear infantry. It can beat a WM with a good charge.
    11. All the melee cav is good for flanking, and can rout melee infantry with a rear attack including YS spears.
    12. CA has some melee capability, but it's melee capability is best used to flank weakened units later in the battle.
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 11-14-2006 at 00:48.

Quote Originally Posted by R'as al Ghul
    Tomi,

in which stage are we now and who did win yesterday?

R'as
    Well, I guess that was Samurai Warlords XV

The highest kills score for the day goes to Tosa with 1024.

But with a total losses of 536, only leaves a score of 488.

That was very good, but not good enough to beat CBR’s 568.

Congratulations CBR, Lord of Province Eighteen

I will catch up on the map soon.

Still two more provinces up for grabs

P.S. Great to have Angus in the mix Sunday. Some great battles
    Last edited by Tomisama; 11-14-2006 at 04:29.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Greetings everyone! Just wanted to pop in and ask if ya'll are saving replays of your battles? If so, would it be possible to obtain them? Would love to see them and possibly pick up some pointers.

Cheers!

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Whoops, sorry, nevermind!

I just found the thread with the replays in it. Link in case others stumble on this and don't make my mistake:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=70570

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Five replays from last Sunday and two from the prior Sunday are in that thread. That's all we have right now using the 11b Stats.