Thread: 17,000+ members

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Default 17,000+ members

I took a moment to look at the statistics down at the bottom of the forums index page and noticed we have well over 17,000 members.

Two questions arising from this:

1. how many of these are active?
    2. why did the rest of them leave?

Does anyone know the answer to either of these two questions? As for #2, a full answer is impossible but perhaps someone has run a "past user" survey at some point?
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Re: 17,000+ members

Admins get a greater range of stats, although there are some available for us mere mortals:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/membe...stvisit&pp=100

The memberlist doesn't show everyone though: IIRC, people with 0 posts and those who are "invisible" (like me) aren't shown unless you are staff.

Anyhow, at least 1000 Members were online in the past day or so.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

I'd imagine the answer to number 2 is that unlike certain people (*cough* me *cough*), the large majority of people who join the .Org don't become regulars, and eventually drift off.

Anyway, quite nice to see this many. When i first joined i think there were only 14,000. In that time, 3000 have joined!

God, it makes me realise how long i've been here...exactly two years, in 10 days. I think i joined on a Thursday.
    Last edited by Mikeus Caesar; 11-01-2006 at 20:57.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

I remember seeing some stats thrown around about 30 members having 20% of the posts or something. So yeah, I'd guess there are quite a lot of inactives. And then there's the bazillion accounts ShambleS registered of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    And then there's the bazillion accounts ShambleS registered of course.

I have no idea about active posters because I do not read all subforums but I do know that there cannot be any good reason to leave the org forever.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    And then there's the bazillion accounts ShambleS registered of course.
    I remember seeing some stats thrown around that 90% of accounts are ShambleS.

How do i know that none of the people in this thread are ShambleS? How do i know i'm not ShambleS!?
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Forgive my ignorance, but wat is/are Schambles?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: 17,000+ members

Quote Originally Posted by AndresTheCunning
    Shambles was a very active and helpfull member of the Shogun community, but one day he got into an argument with a staff member, and started spamming the Org with obscene pictures and account names. He was banned, readmitted, continued to make trouble and was finally booted again. Since then, he created several new accounts to air his griefs and threaten the .Org, but I haven't noticed any activity of him recently.

Incidentally, there is an account called BabyShambles, but that is another member entirely.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

mmm some kind of a WayWardChild really?
    they can be irritating tho, most of the time it's better to leave them, they'll stop

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Thanks therother for the link, I had poked around in that one or two times for emailing a member but I didn't know it had as much information as it does. Will have to go exploring a bit.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Quote Originally Posted by AndresTheCunning
    Be glad you joined in July and don't have to know that.

Anyways, I was always a bit confused about Schambles. Was "Just a Girl" schambles?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    Be glad you joined in July and don't have to know that.

Anyways, I was always a bit confused about Schambles. Was "Just a Girl" schambles?
    I think JaG was originally the account that ShambleS's girlfriend used, but when he was banned it was one of the accounts he used to 'air his griefs'.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just a Girl was SHambles to, I presume. I remember seeing him around, since I was here from Ferbabuy-Early June, before I got banned myself :-( :-(

Plus, if you think about it, some ppl proably join just to say "I been to .org",you know.

I believe his old member title sums him up perfectly:

"helpful but irritating"