Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Default Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Quote Originally Posted by SSJVegetaTrunks
    How do you make those pictures so small, and then when you click on them they become larger? I want to do that with my screenshots of my victories!
    ImageShack will handle all that for you. Personally I use the imageShack toolbar which will allow you to upload multiple images at one time and get the thumbnail code for each of them. You can cut and paste that code right into the forum.

I apologise for any misspellings, inconsistencies, inappropriateness etc. in the current installment. this is due to:
    1) I am very, very, very drunk right now.
    2) New girlfriend
    Hope you all forgive any mistakes etc.!!

Chapter 13: The Doom of the Seleucids

As promised, one extremely cool battle coming up!

Part 1: Petra I......Part 2: Petra II......Part 3: Family Fortunes......Part 4: A Change of Character......Part 5: Seleucia I

Part 6: Seleucia II......Part 7: Seleucia III......Part 8: Seleucia IV......Part 9: Seleucia V

Thanks to ImageShack for free image hosting!

Join us next time for even more hardcore combat and family fun!
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

Another great installement and congrats on the new girlfriend.
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something." - Plato

they should make a "best story written while drunk" award. Good job on this installment. Do you have M2TW, because an AAR using your style for it should be even more interesting with all the different units and features.
    I'd hate to be a giraffe with a sore throat.
    Self-proclaimed member who wishes more than anyone else that they looked like their avatar 2007.

My first time seeing this AAR - it's very entertaining! I'm just jealous, wishing you had done it with Hayasdan in EB. Great work.

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

You never fail to impress, my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Greetings Hayastan fans, and welcome to another installment. Sorry it's been so long since the last update - my write-ups had caught up with my last savegame, so I actually had to play some more of the campaign before I could continue! At least I'm sober this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    My first time seeing this AAR - it's very entertaining! I'm just jealous, wishing you had done it with Hayasdan in EB. Great work.
    Thank you, and to all others who have been so generous with their comments. I would certainly have made this into an EB AAR, but unfortunately when I try to start 0.8, my three and a half-year old, 64 MB, stripped down laptop graphics card laughs in my face. Guess I'll have to wait for my new PC before I can sample the glory that is EB.

Right, now for:

Chapter 14: Dawn of Empire

Part 1: World of Wonders......Part 2: End of an Era......Part 3: Seize the Day......Part 4: 1st Tylis I

Part 5: 1st Tylis II......Part 6: Macedonian Mutiny......Part 7: 2nd Tylis
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

As usual excellent, a great read.
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something." - Plato

You continue to release wonderful and enthralling work my friend!!
    Nice work and keep up the excellent writing skills, i'll be needing my fix of this AAR in the near future!!
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Post Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Well done! Such a good read!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Well I finished reading the last part.
    Now i don't know what to do with myself.

Don't want to pressure you but wath's the next deadline?
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Upxl
    Well I finished reading the last part.
    Now i don't know what to do with myself.

Don't want to pressure you but wath's the next deadline?
    Sorry sir, coming right up sir!

Upxl, Omanes Alexandrapolites the Idiot, Fate, Nellup - thanks for your continued support guys

Okay, let's get back to business with...

Chapter 15: A Fool and his Money

Part 1: Siwa I......Part 2: Siwa II......Part 3: Siwa III......Part 4: Always Read the Small Print

Part 5: The Army Grows......Part 6: Medea I......Part 7: Media II......Part 8: Borders Secured

Join us next time when we'll be seeing if Armenians and Romans can learn to live with each other's territorial ambitions. Yeah, right.

My Armenian AAR

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

Great installment !

I still miss King Sarduri, let's hope Emperor Philipos to be the right man to suceed him.

PS
    Congratulations, you've reached 100 pages !

great job Barbarossa! You have been entertaining us all with your fantastic and captivating writing ever since the beginning!

100 pages!!! I can't believe it!!!
    Congrats!!!!
    Self-proclaimed member who wishes more than anyone else that they looked like their avatar 2007.

Very good chapter. Can't wait to see who wins the sure to happen war between the mighty empire of Armenia and the fruitless senate of Rome.

Another excellent installment my friend!!
    I was late into college this morning because i was reading it haha

Also, ive been playing a sassanid campaign recently on BI, and it feels really similar to this one lol, cataphract archers in particular!

Did you really place the bribe that high? Did you think itd make an amusing twist in the story? Or was it (more likely) a drunk and amusing accident?

Cant wait for the next hit

Post Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Great AAR Barbarossa. Expert writing, superb style, what more can one want. Well done!

I’m playing a good old fashioned Jullii campaign.
    Last turn I received the message that the hands of the evil Pontus have destroyed the Armenian faction.

Couldn’t help but to feel bad about it.

\m/ ._. \m/ Member César Victor's Avatar

Great job, Barbarossa. You've inspired me to make something similar on my next campaign. I hope it's anything near as good as yours.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what program do you use to make your AAR?
    Last edited by César Victor; 02-04-2007 at 00:01.
    César Victor
    Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."

Thumbs up Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

Barbarossa82:
    Like so many others who have already attested on here - great, great job!

Your text & writing style along with the game-based illustrations AND the tongue-in-cheek humor, keep all of us thoroughly entertained and wanting more. (For several days now your entries have served as entertainment during my lunch break while at work). Artashes of Tomisa getting 'swindled' for more than a half-million denarii had me laughing out loud!!

Keep up the great work - and like everyone else - can't wait for the future installments and continuing adventures of the Sarduian clan. You are truly R:TW literary inspiration for us all.

Hearty Armenian greetings once again, fellow Org dudes, and sorry for the long hiatus (seems like I say that every post!). Real-world work got on top of me a little but I think I'm over the worst of that now so hopefully updates will be a little more regular

Thank you all for raising my morale with your kind comments. If you put your mouse pointer over me right now, you'd get a tooltip saying "Steady (spirits lifted by the orgahs' encouragements)".

Just to respond to some of your feedback:

Poulp' and dacdac, well spotted with the 100 pages mark! I hadn't noticed but it's nice to reach that milestone and hopefully I won't have to write another 100 pages before it's done!

Fate: yep, you rumbled me. I didn't read the bribe price properly, so I thought I was forking out 50,000 instead of 500,000. Couldn't believe it when I saw the end of turn report. Then I had to pin the blame on poor old Artashes of Tomisa for the purposes of the AAR!

Upxl: that is a tragic story. I hope they treated their defeated Armenian subjects well

and César Victor: the program is an old, cheapo Desktop Publishing app called Serif PagePlus (version 6 is what I use, I think they're up to about 10 now).

OK, let's get on with...

Chapter 16: The Mauling of Macedon

Part 1: Scythian Plains I......Part 2: Scythian Plains 2......Part 3: Death by Dastardy......Part 4: Campus Scythii 1

Part 5: Campus Scythii 2......Part 6: Campus Scythii 3......Part 7: Adoption Spree

My Armenian AAR

Thumbs up Re: Barbarossa82's Armenian AAR

As always - another great installment of the continuing adventures of the Saduri clan. Macedon is isolated and the Brutii (albeit the full might of imperial Rome) loom on the horizon.

Great job Barbarossa. There really is no point in me saying that anymore b/c you know we all love your influential story telling. Do you have any idea if your going to do another one, and if so, what faction?

dacdac

Very well written. Probably the best one yet. It is hard to imagine that Armenia rised from a tiny kingdom in obscurity into a world spanning empire. What year is it now though? And do have you enabled late cavalry bodygaurd?

As usual an excellent write up, a shame about Arame though, maybe we should all watch out for spiders wielding blades!

Nellup

Well my friend, i was waiting for that all week!
    And oh my, it was worth the wait!

Ive really considered doing one of these myself, but i dunno if id actually get around to it, i shall see what time brings, and yeh, thats a good point, what year are you upto?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa82
    Fate: yep, you rumbled me. I didn't read the bribe price properly, so I thought I was forking out 50,000 instead of 500,000. Couldn't believe it when I saw the end of turn report.
    It made a good story to tell so don’t worry about it.

Cant wait what you’re cooking up for us next Barb.
    No doubt live will get pretty hard for those bleeding Romans any day now hu?!
    Also it seems that you're starting an AAR hype around here, giving inspiration to other talented (soon to be) AAR writers and that little push in the back for others who needed it.
    Well done! (this is getting old aint it).

Fate; "Bring it on" I say, just love reading these things.

Cheers
    Last edited by Upxl; 02-13-2007 at 21:44.

Yet another episode of Armenian awesomeness for all you readers out there. We have now seen over 75 years of Armenian history, and there are only 17 more years to go. Although they are pretty packed with battles.
    I may have to tone down the detail on some of the battles to stop you guys getting bored, as some of them seem a bit repetitive due to my cheesy tactics and the AI stupidity.
    Writing this is fun but kinda tiring also. I would like to do another at some time in the future - probably for BI - but I think various family members will murder me if I plan that right now!
    I would love to think that I have inspired others to write AARs, I love to read other people's.

Chapter 17: Brutii and the Beast

Part 1: Grim Tidings......Part 2: Macedonia I......Part 3: Macedonia II......Part 4: Paionia I

Part 5: Paionia II......Part 6: Paionia III......Part 7: Dacia I......Part 8: Dacia II

My Armenian AAR

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

yeah

maybe it looks like I was hiding somewhere waiting for the next part of this AAR
    and maybe it was true

I'll edit that post as soon as I'm done reading

Reading done !
    Lots of battle in this installment, and although the narration is vivid, I fear it'll slow the story down.

As a sidenote, I particulary enjoyed the picture of Asinus Agrippa heroically leaving the battelfield.
    Last edited by Poulp'; 02-14-2007 at 16:06.

Another great instalment Barbarossa!

Nice work man! Once again youve got an action filled addition. I figured youd have a new one up today but with the date and all my girlfriend has been here all day so i aint had the chance lol, but now ive read it im a happy guy!
    Lets see how this World War breaks down! Rome vs Armenia!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast