Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: WW1 Interactive

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Talking Re: WW1 Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by Csar
    Now it will be my house and I think I'll have a party too and not invite you.
    Well thats just mean...
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Default Re: WW1 Interactive

Instead I'll come and together Csar and I will consume your stock of French Champagne.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Now wait a darn minute! That stuff was expensive!

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Wink Re: WW1 Interactive

Stay on topic peoples.

Sorry Warluster...just a little bit of pre-game discussion(thats so far off topic its actually kinda funny)

We need GiantMonkeyMan to come on-line to finish the chapter, then i will post, when does he usually come on?

He probably wont be on for a good while (that is, if he is in the states)

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

i'm british and i decided to come on early in the mornin just for this.... honest

i've pmed you warluster

It certainly looks to be an interesting game. Good luck to everyone.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Cool Re: WW1 Interactive

August 1914 to October 1914 Chapter 1
    Britain has laid out four new battleship keels; they are a new improved design. A committee is made for Aircraft design and new battleships; new design sets shall be ready. An expeditionary force has been sent over to France with resources to build a massive line of defense to stop a German invasion, it is ranged from The Atlantic to Ypres and then on to Luxembourg, it will take about a whole 6 months to build minor fortifications along the whole way. The navy is moved out of port.
    The French Nation is now catholic; it is moving an army from Paris to near Alsace-Lorraine. England adds new Flying Corps to the Army.
    Germany moves its massive army towards Belgium, they than attack and sweep half of the nation under neath the marching feet of the German army. The lay out new designs, which are held secretly. It increases its navy.
    Austria attacks Russia, 8o percent of the Austrian-Hungarian army marches towards Russia, half break off and attacks Poland; they are to march to Warsaw within the year. The armies are provided with maximum defense capabilities if attacked. The other 20 percent of troops are to set upon the Serbian border and dig up a defense of trenches and barbed wire, with Machine guns and cannons. The nations of Austria and Hungary, plus all other countries under the control of Austria, they go into food rationing for the war. Every one is allowed one loaf of bread everyday. A program is setup in Trieste, unknown. Only Austria and her allies know. Belgium moves its troops to try and counter the massive German invasion but is beaten back to there capital of Brussels. The ANZACS move to the Western Front with 50 percent of there troops while they leave the other half for reinforcements. Russia sends its very best troops to the border of Germany, its less trained troops to the Austrian front, Austria is allowed to take Poland, Russia loses Poland, Russia increases production of Guns and bullets. The Russians start to mobilize the rest of the army. Defenes are set up along the border.

This is my first interactive history! I have actually started 4 more, diffrent places.

Is there a map showing exactly what's happened?

wow...thats cool...Great work warluster!

warluster... you shouldn't really relay too much information, only describe what is happening from the choices that we make if you know what i mean... also, i wanted to have my defenses up in other words stop the austrians attacking!!! gah... lets just say my troops were too spread out to prevent the attack

and i took the liberty of making a map, only i couldn't get the colours right for some reason so it'll have to do

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Well is looking good so far. France shall be crushed under the might of my German Army.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

We have a new player, a minor faction. On special request Bulgaria is open, and maybe Belgium. Bulgaria is under the control of Stephen Asen, I will post a few options for everyone, plus there is alittle bit more of THIS chapter to post.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster
    We have a new player, a minor faction. On special request Bulgaria is open, and maybe Belgium. Bulgaria is under the control of Stephen Asen, I will post a few options for everyone, plus there is alittle bit more of THIS chapter to post.
    Ah another esteemed ally I have. Welcome aboard Stephen.

Quintus Libo / Austria Member Glaucus's Avatar

is Russia still open... it says it is then first post.
    HBO Rome:
    Mark Anthony
    :I shall be a good Politican, even if it kills me... or anyone else for that matter.

i took the place of russia... although i would love for a person to take control of serbia to help me bring down the austro-hungarians

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: WW1 Interactive

Danke, Csar. By the way Warluster I should give some details about Bulgaria, shouldn't I?

Orders II (too much PMs ;) ); the region around Sofia(from all sides) is well fortified; the southern front should also be; put the forgotten 50 000 to the south (reserves between Cavalla and Philipopolis); if nothing happens wait for orders ; all the orders should be done now and fast; yet hope the peace would be saved
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 01-06-2007 at 12:45. Reason: Look in the future
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Asen
    Danke, Csar. By the way Warluster I should give some details about Bulgaria, shouldn't I?
    Yeah don't really need much Leader, some pros and cons of your faction and allies.

Glaucus Russia is already being played but there's still Italy, British Empire, and a Couple others.

Serbia,Japan,Ottoman empire and the British Empire. Plus i am adding Italy and America later. A few others aswell.

Options, i will do some opts savo, but i might do some in the morning.

Why is Italy getting added later? It was leading nation in this entire affair.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Little bit less descriptive than I hoped, but something is better than nothing.
    Victory shall be MINE!
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

France-
    1. France is under inasion, Belgium is falling very quickly under the marching order of germany, shall you send Troops to Belgium to help?
    2. Fortfy outer cities from the german invasion, add machine gun posts, barbed wire.
    3. Do new research into a moving battleship on land.

Germany-
    1. Put up posters for the army around berlin, start rationing Germanys food.
    2. Send out NAvy to attack outer Belgian cities from the sea,
    3. Tell army to hurry up with the conquest of Belgium

Britian-
    1. Expeditinary force is to defend Belgium, fortify Brussels and Belgian cities
    2. Attack German Navy, if succesful, blockade starts
    3. Increase food production, allow women to work in Britian

Russia-
    1. Attack Poland and reclaim land,
    2. Send an alliance offfer to Germany and Austria
    3. Re-train troops at Training camps, keep a few at the front

Austria-
    1. Attack Serbia and its outer forts
    2. Send in more troops to Poland to keep law and order
    3. Send troops to help Germany on the Western front

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: WW1 Interactive

Bulgaria

Restored as a country since 1878 after a successful war between Russia and the Ottoman empire. In 1878 according to San Stefano treaty almost all of Bulgarian population is united under one country. Later in Berlin the Great powers decided to separate Bulgaria since it was too big for a minor country. It is separated into three large parts: the Principality of Bulgaria (vassal of the Ottoman Empire); Eastern Rumelia ( Ottoman province with its own government); and third part mainly Macedonia but also Egean Thracia that stayed under Ottoman rule.

Years of Russian influence. This lasts until 1885 when Eastern Rumelia and Principality of Rumelia are united by the Bulgarians living in them. Serbia declares war on Bulgaria in order to prevent this but it is defeated. The Union of Bulgaria is recognized by the Great powers but Russia never forgave the bulgarians the fact they acted without her permission. Russian empire left Bulgaria on its fate and found a good ally of Serbia The Bulgarian ruler Alexander I was forced to abdicate and bulgaria had no monarch for a little. Finally Ferdinand I Saxe-Koburg Gotta, an Austrian officer was elected by the Parliament (1887). After years of diplomatic struggle he was recognized by the Great powers of being a ruler of Bulgaria.

1908. Bulgaria is supported by Austria- Hungary to broke her formal dependance on the Ottoman empire. Meanwhile Austria- Hungary annexed Bosnia and Hertsegovina. Bulgaria became independent country and its ruler is no more prince but tsar ( a traditional Bulgarian royal title).

Many of the Bulgarian population lived in the territory of the Ottoman empire repressed by the Ottomans. Some unsuccesful rebelions against the Ottoman power (1878;1902). Similiar problems of Serbia and Greece. Under the protection of Russia so called Balkan union against the Ottoman empire was found. Bulgaria agreed to separate the Macedonia which population is predominantly Bulgarian. Several fatal mistakes of the Bulgarian diplomacy followed.

1912. First Balkan war. Bulgaria, Serbia, Montenegro and Greece vs Ottoman empire. The Ottomans are defeated. Bulgarians did feats while fighting. The Bulgarian army was recognized to be the most powerful on the Balkan peninsula. During the war Edrene, the city considered to be invincible by many European engineers was conquered by the Bulgarians. The Ottomans want peace and lost almost all of their European territories.

1913. Bulgarian government and the monarch made a fatal mistake - declaring war to their former allies Serbia and Greece. The reason is the fact Bulgaria wants to be the most powerful balkan country and to conquer the important city of Thessalonica (in Greece). Greek and Serbian government are also provocating the war denying to recognize the right of Bulgaria on the lands given by the treaty between Serbia and Bulgaria and insist every country to receive what had been occupated. In additon the Serbian and Greek forces were harrassing the Bulgarian population in the occupated territories. Ferdinand did not want to recognize the defeat of his diplomacy and ordered an attack against Serbia and Greece. However he did not have the neutrlity of Romania and the Ottoman Empire who also attack them. The Bulgarians are fighting really well but the enemy is stronger. Bulgaria was defeated and received few of the Ottoman heritage. The Second Balkan war was a defeat of the Russian diplomacy but a victory of the German one. The balkan union was destroyed.

Economy:

Bulgarian economy became definately the most advanced on the Balkan peninsula for a very short time. However the wars exhausted it to some extend.

Policy:

After a skilful political intrigues Frdinand managed to play the political factions against each other and to weaken them. In the Eve of the FWW he is the one who decides the fate of Bulgaria. The current Bulgarian government is that of Vasil Radoslavov and it is pro-German.

Political tasks:
    Uniting of the Bulgarian population.
    Bulgarians in Macedonia ( especially in Serbia)
    Bulgarians in so called ' Western Borders ' in Serbia
    Bulgarians in Thrace (esp. in Greece)
    Bulgarians in Dobrudzha - the territory between Danube and Black sea (Romania)
    Bulgarians in Eastern Thrace - few because in 1913 most of them were forced to emograte in Bulgaria by the Ottomans; however Bulgaria still wants this territory;

Alliances:
    Bulgaria had no alliances. All of her neighbours are hostile to it. Amongst the Great powers: it is under the influence of Germany and Austria-Hungary but its alliance is not decided (!!!)

Current situation:

Bulgaria is a neutral country. First, it was exhausted by the previous wars ( but still having very good army (highly motivated- bec. the uniting of the nation) and ready to fight). Second, the government should be very careful not to lose another war.

Why Bulgaria is a useful ally?

First, it is the strategic situation: It can backstab Serbai in the rear and to hinder any link between France and Britain and Russian Empire which has to fight alone. Second, it can be useful against the Ottoman Empire. Third, the Bulgarian army is good and highly motivated.

Hope this is enough. ( Ferdinand I of Bulgaria)
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 11-13-2006 at 23:48.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Do we pm you the second turn decisions now?

note: I will anyways!
    Last edited by Motep; 11-13-2006 at 23:46.

Csar, it is time for private negotiation!

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast