Thread: Any Oldtimers (2001)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Any Oldtimers (2001)?

Hey , I played this game around 2001 under the alias out4blood/maskedterror/thelonelywolf. Played with magar and loads of kenchi people and won two of the tournaments set up through this forum (have some samurai sword still in my room as one of the prizes).

Anyway , to the point - I was just browsing forums due to medievil 2 comming out and I stumbled on this one... and found some old tournament/tactics threads. And was just wondering , does anybody remember this era ? do they still play ?

some old threads : https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=4278
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=357494
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=4214

excuse me posting like an idiot back then, i was only 14 heh

apologies in advance for the timewarp :)

Rich

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: Any Oldtimers (2001)?

Hello Maskedterror.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Hi MaskedTerror,

I remember you very well. You played in a 2v2 tournament and eliminated Tosa and me. I don't remember who your ally was, but I do remember the battle because your gameplay was very impressive.

Recently several STW vets developed unit stats for Barocca's STWmod for MTW/VI v2.01 which attempts to recapture the gameplay of original STW. I think we've come quite close to achieving that, and right now we play with a small group on Sundays at 20:00 GMT
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 11-12-2006 at 18:05.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

hello Masked Terror, I remember you also. I had a different alias back then also. (Toda Neb).

I believe your full name was Masked Terror Ito?

If you still have a copy of STW WE or MI you can play on the fakeserver. Not many people but somtimes there are.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hello Masked Terror, I presume we never met :)? Yea, Some of the Old STW vets play the SamWars Mod for VI, and I see Magyar and them on VI every once in awhile ..

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

I'm here only from end of 2004... but there's some people still playing STW MP it has is ups and downs. Right now there's not much of them, but it may become better. Among them is Shin-GaiJin.. I'm pretty sure he was already playing in 2001.. he was in Yagyu clan and that's pretty old iirc.

Anyway, honoured to have you visit

Cya.. perhaps in some stw mp games, perhaps in MTW2..
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smtn
    (have some samurai sword still in my room as one of the prizes)
    Although I wasn’t involved in the contest, and did not follow it’s progress at the time, I certainly remember seeing a picture of the proposed sword prize.

Not to long ago in recalling that there had been such a contest, and wondering if it might be a good idea to offer another, I remember wondering about who had actually won that prize.

Happy to hear that it is still a cherished honour.

Congratulations Masked Terror
    Last edited by Tomisama; 10-18-2007 at 12:32.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smtn
    Hey , I played this game around 2001 under the alias out4blood/maskedterror/thelonelywolf. Played with magar and loads of kenchi people and won two of the tournaments set up through this forum (have some samurai sword still in my room as one of the prizes).

Anyway , to the point - I was just browsing forums due to medievil 2 comming out and I stumbled on this one... and found some old tournament/tactics threads. And was just wondering , does anybody remember this era ? do they still play ?

some old threads : https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=4278
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=357494
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=4214

excuse me posting like an idiot back then, i was only 14 heh

apologies in advance for the timewarp :)

Rich
    I remember playing you in the big 1v1 tournament in the final. Those were the days. I havent been on here since 2005, I am getting RTW soon, so I will be coming out of retirement soon.

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Hello guys
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Hi Kas

It's been a long time m8, where you been??
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello Kas,

How are you doing?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

I do great.... it's been years since I played TW...2003 I think. Played some CoD after that, but got bored with it and I now only play Albatross18...a dumb, but relaxing online golf game.

I still miss Shoggy, but my machine doesn't like it and I gave up on trying to get it installed. Maybe sad, but I still cherish the fond memories of the good old days and that's enough to keep this old man happy.

A few times per year I check the Org and Aggony website and say hello to all...a bit of a sentimental journey. Former achievements are perhaps completely meaningless, but I'm still proud of the humble part I played.

It's great to see the TW community is alive and kicking.

Be well and be nice to eachother.

On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Bought and played STW when it first came out and every one since. Have had several names, only other I remeber was Croaker. Stopped playing online with RTW mostly because all I got was verbal abuse. What I remember about back then was generally a group of honorable and skilled players. I can think of one 7bear7 general who I faced many times. he always went out of his way to be respectfull while he beat me. I only got the best of him once. But will always treasure that game. Installing on a new PC so will see if I know anyone once I recover my spy acct.

well maybe I wont play. been a while so went to recover my pass and it never showed up in email, even checked the spam filter. Sent Gamespy an email and they replied with an answer to a question I didnt ask. At this point unless they pull their head out their ass i wont be playing. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeolas
    well maybe I wont play. been a while so went to recover my pass and it never showed up in email, even checked the spam filter. Sent Gamespy an email and they replied with an answer to a question I didnt ask. At this point unless they pull their head out their ass i wont be playing. Bummer.
    You don't have to use your old GameSpy account. You can make a new account. However, STW doesn't work through GameSpy. It never did.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

yea...finally got it reset, no thx to gamespy. Was wanting to see about playing the M2TW online, never did get to try that. I wonder if anyone plays the samurai mod online? There still a server up you guys play on?

Cant play...says my m2tw key is invalid. Bought the game fair and square. got other things to do anyway. Thx guys, good hunting.
    Last edited by Dimeola; 05-18-2008 at 07:59.