Default Re: florin levels

Yup, 10k.

10k for me too
    And I use only 2 rules:
    max 5 cav
    max 2 art

Otherwise you get cav spammers, and only 2 art simply because imo art isn't really overpowered as in RTW, they aren't that strong

Why max 5 cav though? Massed cavalry is harder to use as they just can get blobbed up and blocked. Cavalry restrictions in RTW 1.2 were needed, but they haven't been since BI came out.

yeah i dont put a max on cav, i just say no art/ele...sometimes max 4 HA depending on the period..and ya 10k pwns
    GERUDO clan tyrant

MayTheFunkBeWithYou

Quote Originally Posted by NihilisticCow
    Why max 5 cav though?
    Since I already had to games with cav spammer, the idiots came with cav only. I won ok, but it was "pretty" boring tho.
    Last edited by Stig; 11-17-2006 at 14:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    Since I already had to games with cav spammer, the idiots came with cav only.
    The best way to make the all cav go away is to beat it. It's quite important that all cav can be effectively countered.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Stig,
    Can you edit the prophanity out of your post please?
    Or can a Moderator? Please?

.......Orda

ok no problem sorry m8, it's just how I write from time to time

ah come on, I love boyfriend with fast car, I love my army with fast horsies. I love speed. Now having 5 max on cav? Ridiculous :)

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

I smell something is it sarcasm or the toilets not far from here?

Why to have max on cavalry in MTW 2? This doesn't seems to be a problem there.
    ''Constant training is the only Way to learn strategy.''

As said, I like fair games, yes I can beat cav spammers, but it's just no fun

I don't see how its "less fun".

Care to elaborate?

You said you don't like them because you faced all cav armies, but then stick five max on? Surely a more logical step would be around 10, if you really must have a rule.
    Last edited by Monarch; 11-18-2006 at 17:52.

No I'm used to play under very strict rules

Only 4 same type
    max 4 cav
    max 4 ranged
    ha counts as both ranged and cav
    art counts as ranged
    no spartans, urbs, prat cav (and some more elites)
    no fire art

I limit cav to 5, because that's good imo
    1 general, 5 cav, 4 archers, 10 inf is my standard army, and the rules are based on that.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

10k seems to be the best, though 20k can be fun as well. Also i do not see the need for any limits on number of certain units as they can all be countered. I fought a guy earleir who was the Timurids with 3 cannon eles and mostly cav army, yet i kicked his ass with my Russian army as i focused on missile troops, horse archers, and some decent shock cavalry.

Well it's a simple case of whether people accept those rules or not.

My own opinion is that those rules disadvantage certain factions and will eventually lead to only some factions used. Since cavalry armies are historical I have no problem with it

......Orda

Aye, tbh I have no problem if people use 6 or 8 cav as the Mongols, but the spammers I played had 20 cav with HRE and France, not the real all cav factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Orda Khan
    Well it's a simple case of whether people accept those rules or not.

My own opinion is that those rules disadvantage certain factions and will eventually lead to only some factions used. Since cavalry armies are historical I have no problem with it

......Orda
    Well I agree "no ele" in Rome was a very big factor, weakening Carthage immensely. However in M2 the only faction with eles are the Timurids, and I played without a no elephant rule for the first week and hardly one picked Timurids anyway.

but the spammers I played had 20 cav with HRE and France, not the real all cav factions.
    Cavs very expensive for those faction, 700+ for heavy cav, the light cav they can also get is totally crap anyway. 700x20=14000, which means you were playing like 15k, which is too much money imo anyway.

I didn't host them, they did ... which means I don't control money

10k seems the best.... i dont know why these rules are popping out all over the place. Tbh the only thing that really needs a restriction on is the musketeers but i hardly play late period anyways ;-)
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

Played some battles with you Huscarl guys, only rule no art, right?
    Were some pretty good games

Yes, i only put in no art as i know many players dislike its use... im not bothered.
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

10 and no rules = fun game

Cavalery army is balanced because they are expensive and very weak
    Elephant no problem because they cost very much, only available for Timurids and easy to counter.
    Artillery= no art is stupid especially when you know all late European Armies have artillery units in their all battles and plus they are expensive,inaccurate but good to force your opponents to attack.
    "Sur l’amour ou la haine que Dieu porte aux Anglais, je n’en sais rien, mais je suis convaincue qu’ils seront boutés hors de France, exceptés ceux qui mourront sur cette terre."
    On the love or hatred that God give to English, I don't know, but I am convinced that they will cast out from France, except the one will die on this land.
    Jeanne D'Arc

Quote Originally Posted by Darsh
    id especially when you know all late European Armies have artillery units .
    Alot of the artillery units available are siege guns, not used on the battle field.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

10K, No Art No Eles, Flatland is fair game so far on MTW2 IMO. I'm not doing a cav maxl iek Sitg is, because I not for the idea, but then again, I haven't fought any cav spammers yet.

10 k is fine, no rules

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch
    Alot of the artillery units available are siege guns, not used on the battle field.
    Formigny,Castillon and Marignan are only some example of the power of the artillery on the battlefield in the medieval/renaissance period.
    "Sur l’amour ou la haine que Dieu porte aux Anglais, je n’en sais rien, mais je suis convaincue qu’ils seront boutés hors de France, exceptés ceux qui mourront sur cette terre."
    On the love or hatred that God give to English, I don't know, but I am convinced that they will cast out from France, except the one will die on this land.
    Jeanne D'Arc

Yea 10k seems to be pretty fair. I dont like the late era games too much though, i prefer high era with max 3 art as the only rule.

-We do the impossible every day, miracles take a bit longer- Air Force Motto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast