Thread: Midkemia : Total War

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Midkemia : Total War

Midkemia Total War
    This mod is based in the fantasy world from Raymond E' Feist's books and it is set around the time of the Darkwar.(his latest works)
    The game map will cover the old kingdoms and Near Kesh.It will stretch to the north lands and as high as Armengar but not sar sargoth at the moment, it will cover the free cities, Queg and The Vale of Dreams and nearby areas of Kesh

Factions
    The Eastern Kingdom
    Western Kingdom
    Great Kesh
    Free Cities
    Armengarians
    Quegians
    Nomad Mordehel and Goblins

Map

I might use Bas Tyra Coat of Arms for Eastern Kingdom of the Isles

Team
    Project Lead : Malucio
    Campaign Map Design and Scripting : Malucio
    Modeler: Vacant
    Research Malucio and Vacant spaces
    Skinning: Vacancies
    Leader of The Machiavellian Syndicate - A open community for modders and fans to talk about Total War and Oblivion.

The Lord of the Thistles Member Roderic the Emptyhanded's Avatar
    Here and there. There and here. You know; wherever there's food. And pie.

Default Re: Midkemia : Total War

Yeyahoe! I say!
    It's based on the world in The Riftwar and those books, right?
    Well, good luck. I would offer my help, if it would be so I could be of any help. But I know nothing of modding. Well, good luck. Hope it will be a great mod

Regards Wiking

It's funny, cause i've actually been thinking about how the works of Feist would make a good movie or a game lately.

I pretty much have all his books, and i love them, I'm looking forward to this one.

Though i'm curious on how you're gonna model the units etc, because Feist doesn;t describe the looks of them very much. I'd say the wolrd of Midkemia and especially The Isles, are at a late medieval timeframe, without gunpowder.

Maybe you could use the Americas portion of the map to make the world of Kelewan. and make it ofcourse unreachable by boat. But ,maybe you could script something o a rift in the map.

Good luck on this Maculio

Units
    Western Kingdom of The Isles
    Spear Militia
    Seargant Spearmen
    Armoured Spearmen
    Western Sword Militia
    Amoured Swordsmen
    La Mut Swordsmen
    Yabonese Highlanders
    Archers
    Rangers of Krondor/Rangers of Crydee
    Mailed Lancers
    Mounted Infantry
    Royal Knights
    Krondorian Lancers
    Crimson Eagles
    Dismounted Crimson Eagles
    Ballista
    Catapult

Eastern Kingdom of The Isles
    Spear Militia
    Seargant Spearmen
    Eastern Sword Militia
    Armoured Swordsmen
    Rillanon Guards
    Archers
    Royal Archers
    Militia Cavalry
    Mailed Lancers
    Saladorian Cataphracts
    Rillanon Royal Bodyguard
    Jal Pur Mercenaries
    Keshian Deserters
    Vale Veterans
    Ballista
    Catapult
    Trebuchet
    Leader of The Machiavellian Syndicate - A open community for modders and fans to talk about Total War and Oblivion.

Actually Maziel he does
    The Krondorian troops of the west wear blue colours so that will be the colours of the West.
    The lancers are described in detail in the Serpentwar Saga and the La Mut men are described in A Shadow at Sethanon.
    It is a fantasy world set around the High/Late eras of Medieval, with only Queg having any form of Gunpowder, this is quegan fire so queg will have best ships.
    Kesh is an adaptation of Byzantium, The Isle is a strange one, in some ways its is like the situation in Spain and HRe around the time of Henry VI (one king over both)
    but in looks they are a mix of france and a lot of England.Most of the modeling in this is already there, except for keshians.
    The Jal Pur are Egyptians or Turks.

Maziel in reference to Kelewan it is inconceivable to add in Kelewan with as little information as i have without the .packs extracted but i more than likely can implement the city of Serpent River and Maharta.
    As for timescale it is set in the Dark War, which is around 30 years after the battle of nightmare ridge and around 80 years after the Events in Magician. Mosto f the Tsurani in La mut are dead.

The Darkwar sagas?, I think that's a little more than 80 years after the events in magician

no in 'Exile's Return' Kaspar says how the Serpent War ravaged in the West 30 years before the current day and in serpent war is says it is around 50 years after the rift war