HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Default Re: Samurai Warlords XVI

Chaaaaaarge!

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

gl&hf guys. I be busy taking a test on Sunday for my hard course, going to take a few hours, so I can't make it anyhow sadly :-( :-(, any, gl hf m8's!! :-) :-)

An org member asked me to comment on some of these battles to shed light on why the players are taking certain actions. I can offer some insight into the actions taken by my own team.

All the STWbeta5_11b_replays_3 battles were played on (fL)_O_Mizulands 13. This map has 3 groups of trees more or less evenly spaced across the defender's side and 3 groups evenly spaced across the attacker's side with a depression running inbetween them horizantally across most of the map. There are small hills near the center and on the left side of the defender's postion. The attacker has a small hill on the right side. From previous experience attacking on this map, I feel a left side assault offers the best chance of success. That was the strategic plan in every battle where I was on the attacking team.

The STW_4v4_27 replay was the first 4v4 played. The players were from left to right as seen from behind the attacker (top of minimap):

Attackers: R'as, Yuuki, Angus, Tosa
    Defenders: Naturo, CBR, Methias, Tomi

Initially you see me send some cav and SA to the left to assist R'as in the left side assault. However, Tomi presses forward on the right and entices Tosa into attacking. Methias sends assistance to Tomi, and Tosa is thrown back soon after asking for cav assistance. Angus and I send cav, but it arrives too late. Spontaneously, I send another a WM and later a YC to the right while Angus sends all of his infantry to the right as well. We are able to stem the counterattack by Tomi which is assisted by Methias and CBR, but Tosa and Angus loose all of their melee units and are left with only shooters. Tomi is destroyed, and Methias damaged, but for some reason he doesn't attack and finish off Tosa and Angus. Possibly the loss of his HC to my YC and WM caused him to play defensively.

On the left, Naturo attempted to drive off our shooters with a YC and YS attack, but backed off when R'as advanced his ND. I wasn't any assistance at this time since I was busy on the right. My CA wasted most of it's ammo since I wasn't there to manage it. Naturo withdrew his army to center since my two SA would be able to shoot his infantry and cav in the trees. This caused and angle in the defender's line which was vulnerable. Tosa and Angus moved back to center, and I engaged CBR's guns with mine but didn't do much damage since he had the higher ground. I left my YC and WM on the right to deter any attacks there.

R'as skirmished Naturo, and Angus and Tosa skirmished Methias. I pressured the angle with my archers, and eventually made a charge with my CA on a gun which caused CBR to respond with his HC cav general to drive it off. I caught this HC with my YC, and we both brought up reinforcements, but CBR lost his gen. R'as and I attacked with our infantry and this drew Methias' infantry over to help repel our attack. Methias lost all of his infantry as Naturo held his last line of infantry in reserve. This line routed R'as. CBR routed me and my guns and chased them off while Naturo tried to finish off R'as. I was able to save my gen. Angus and Tosa then launched an attack against Methias and CBR's ranged units and I assisted with my YC and the attack succeeded. We then were able to finish of Naturo before CBR got back, although I could have used my WM and YC better than I did. At the end CBR tried an attack on Angus with his 50 man HC and YA, but my YC intercepted and dropped 6 HC in the charge routing the unit, and that was the game. My hatamoto gen providing flank cover to the YC from a few Methias' units that he had managed to rally.

The action on the right hurt the strategic plan because it took resources away from the attack on the left. In the end, the victory was by a very narrow margin. Two failed attacks account for the high percentage of attacker casualties this being overcome by more defender routing. The attackers all used a hatamoto as the general and they were all still alive near the end of the battle while the defenders all used full size units, usually HC, for the general and CBR's general was killed. I'm not sure if any other defender generals were killed.

Attackers fielded 3548 men and suffered 84% casualies.
    Defenders fielded 3840 men and suffered 74% casualties.
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 11-22-2006 at 23:26.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Greetings friends!

Big thanks to Puzz for actually doing that write-up! Commentaries and write-ups like that add quite a bit to the experience of watching the replays, and to at least me, they help understand quite a bit of the thought processes and motivations that guided the player's actions during the battles.

I'd mentioned this in a pmsg to Mr. Puzz, but I'd still like to post this here in hopes that others will read it. This is directed at the other players, like Tomi, Ras, Tosa, CBR, etc etc... Gentlemen (and ladies?), please do the same as Puzz! Being able to see and read each individual player's thoughts and comments adds to the overall experience of watching these replays, each individual's perspective on the same action may vary based on his or her personality and style of play.

Cheers!

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Blog Entries

HEy,

do you think I can make it for the last game :-)? I might or might not, depepdning on my luck, be able to push off my test on Sunday till later in the day or untill Monday then :).

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Wink Re: Samurai Warlords XVI

Well if I have my math right, CBR walked away with the 16th Province with an outstanding 1057 Kills-441 Losses = a Score of 616.

Wow

Congratulations Lord CBR

Master Warlord with Five Provinces

Very well done

(Please make sure he gets the badge for this. Thanks!)
    Last edited by Tomisama; 11-25-2006 at 22:17.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Tomisama,

Please start a new SamWars.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Just to be pedantic my best score was actually 942-316=626 but 1057 kills looks better anyway

Thank you very much for the new badge. Im honoured

And yes Tomi what is the plan now? I hope we can continue with something nice and simple like we have now.

CBR

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Well I had hoped at this point to have several Clans involved, and take this to the next level. That would have been Clans posting attacks on neighboring Provinces to begin their quest for total domination.

But there are only two Clans represented on the Contest Map, and one of them has apparently left the game. In fact we only have two qualified Samurai Warlords now playing, and they are in the same Clan (CBR and Yuuki). Oh well!

The Emperor has told me that all of the Provinces left unprotected at the end of the 2006 year (with no active Lord), shall be returned to competition. So Lord CBR and Lord Yuuki retain their property rights and responsibilities (for the time being*), and the balance of the Empire is again up for grabs.

Samurai Warlords XVII will continue with the redrawn Contest Map, and Battles on the open Provinces (one province per weekend).

*Added to this will be the opportunity for once a weekend Province Challenge (per Clan). This would be a where a Clan Team (as attackers) challenges the existing Lord’s Clan Team for the right to rule a specific Province. One even member Battle takes the Province.

Special Note: Castled Provinces can not be attacked unless they are on the only Province held by that Warlord.

Battlefield Information

1. STW_ob horselands wle – Takiyama's Lord CBR‘s Castle

2. (fL)_O_Mizulands 19

3. (fL)_O_Realm 005 – Takiyama's Lord CBR

4. (fL)_O_Ulus 01

5. (fL)_o_ kalka

6. (fL)_bachs_farmlands02

7. (fL)_alx_10

8. (fL)_O_Kose-Dagh – Takiyama's Lord Yuuki‘s Castle

9. (fl)_O_Cmielnik

10. (fl)_O_Otrar – Takiyama's Lord Yuuki

11. (fL)_O_Ain Jalut

12. (fL)_O_Nishapur

13. (fL)_O_Ulus of Orda – Takiyama's Lord Yuuki

14. (fL)_O_Mizulands 11 – Takiyama's Lord CBR

15. (fL)_O_Mizulands 18 – Takiyama's Lord CBR

16. (fL)_O_Mizulands 13 – Takiyama's Lord CBR
    Last edited by Tomisama; 11-25-2006 at 18:44.

I think the contest should start over with all the provinces available, and everyone starting at zero again. BTW, VDM has only left temporarily.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Blog Entries

Hey,

yay, started over again. I may be comnig about tomarrow (if there is one tomaarow :-) :-) )

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

I'll be there.

I don't really mind the layout of the tourney. I'm happy that there's some organisation and motivation to play. Start all over, continue or create a powerful alliance of all the other Warlords and march against CBR (7 vs 1 ).
    Ja mata

TosaInu

I'll be there ready to do my spontaneous mad charges. Every battle needs its Katsuyori.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great