Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "move cheat" to relocate inquisitors?

I wanna be a real boy! Member chunkynut's Avatar

Default Re: "move cheat" to relocate inquisitors?

NobbyStyles, are you on a normal or hard etc game? It seems to me to be something thats affected greatly by the difficulty level as people playing on normal difficulty the total opposite of Darkmoor Dragon's issue.

Anyone on Hard or Very Hard campaign difficulty not had inquisitor issues? If so which faction were you and what are your relations with the Papal States?

sorry i forgot to mention i was on normal difficulty.

I have lost 2 priests to trials and 1 family member survived a trial during the early expansion into france from england. but once all my regions had their heresy removed the inquisitors wandered off to annoy other nations.

In my game Antwerp had an inquisitor. he would of course head to any character to trial them if they came with 1-2 turns walk but would always return to that region and stand there if they couldnt reach me. after a while he moved off and last i checked antwerp has no heresy.

sounds a sensible game rule for them to follow. increased difficuty may increase the range at which they react to your nearby characters.

INQUISITORS! INQUISITORS! all this talk on how to save your royal family by raising piety is a waste of time when my 9 star piety cardinal next in line for Pope gets fried!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........explain that? SEGA testers!

Quote Originally Posted by chunkynut
    NobbyStyles, are you on a normal or hard etc game? It seems to me to be something thats affected greatly by the difficulty level as people playing on normal difficulty the total opposite of Darkmoor Dragon's issue.

Anyone on Hard or Very Hard campaign difficulty not had inquisitor issues? If so which faction were you and what are your relations with the Papal States?
    I strongly suspect a link to difficult - yes.

I also think the appearances of Inquisitors has nothing to do with the pope or papal states at all - and is linked just to the level of heresy in a region.

The higher the difficulty the lower the heretical threshold for their appearance.

Others have touted a 5% threshold but didn't give a difficulty level: at vh (campaign) I suspect this may be as low as 2%.

I now control the pope and college and have the best relations with the papal states etc etc etc. I left Bruges with a heretic in there which had wandered in from HRE territory - heresy is up to 3% now but no Inquisitors yet - i'll leave heresy to build up and see what happens.
    morsus mihi

I wanna be a real boy! Member chunkynut's Avatar

A quick thought, has anyone noticed the traits the Inquisitors have?

I've not had a look but there may be one like 'Holyier than thou' sort of thing where the inquisitor will try to prosecute anyone of heresy. Maybe not, it definately seems to be a difficulty level and perhaps there are global events that set it off too e.g. crusades / a region with 50% or more heresy sends them into overdrive ... that would be difficult to test out though without full knowledge of the map.

Historically the spainish inquisition was due to large numbers of moors converting to christ to keep there heads and then the inquistors would put them to trial (if I remember rightly). So if you have converted a large portion over to christ the residual converted may attract the the inquis ... unlikely but hey.

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

After mysterious dissapearances they do tend to stay away.
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Ísland...or Iceland for ye darn foreigners :)

I just want them dead, Dead, DEAD! I wish I could have them arrested and drawn and quartered, hung or pieapple stuck up their @ss

A new order to my troops, a 1000 florins for every inquisitor they kill

Then I would be broke but happy
    Roma must be destroyed

To give improved traits to multi-name characters: 1) Move the character out of a city/castle 2) Right click on the character to show their attributes panel 3) go to the shell commands panel by hitting the "~" key 4) type in give_trait this and then whatever trait you want to give character

Using "this" to ID the character gets around the whole naming problem.

I hate inquisitors too.

In my experience it has not much to do with difficulty. I am playing a HRE campaign on H/H and parallely on M/H. I ignore the pope in both campaigns so my relations a not the best (0 to 3 crosses at best).

I had very few inquisitors in H/H. I had quite a lot of them from turn 40 on in M/H. They burned every of my familiy members except two. After I was excommunicated one time they disapeared (ca. turn 80).

Now (turn 130) they come again but in fewer numbers. I kill them whenever possible. It is one of the most beautiful moments when my assassins succeed (which is not so very often although I have +10+ assassins).
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

Harbinger of the Doomed Rat Member Biggus Diccus's Avatar

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=73062

No need to use console cheats! Cheesy nontheless
    General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmaney Melchett: That's the spirit, George. If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12