Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "move cheat" to relocate inquisitors?

Default "move cheat" to relocate inquisitors?

I saw mentioned on another forum that they were using a "move cheat" to relocate inquisitors to the opposite side of the map.

Does anybody have any idea what this "cheat" actually is and how to use it?

(might actually encourage me to play the game again before the patch - I did try another campaign, vh/vh, everything going dandy - 1117 perfect relations with the pope/papal states, no heresy about, 98% catholicism in all regions - inquisitor pops up and in 3 moves he has killed off 3 faction heirs {kills the heir, replaced, kills that heir, replaced, kills THAT heir} I now have one family member left (the king) and a 11 year wait for next heir to mature - the King {piety 1) is in Bruges, the inquisitor is in Antwerp...

guess what's going to happen next turn...?)

- the game just isnt worth playing when this sort of thing happens.
    morsus mihi

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Default Re: "move cheat" to relocate inquisitors?

I share your frustration. I wouldn't bring any of my family members over the channel in my english campaign because of this.

From this link: http://www.consolecheatcodes.com/pc/...warcheats.html

Move indicated character to desired coordinates move_character <name> <x,y>

I don't recall how to get coords off of the map, but I think it's this one:

Show cursor position and region ID show_cursorstat

Your other option would be to try and spawn some assassins and then use the give_trait and give_ancilliary commands to buff them out, but I'm not near my gaming machine for the rest of the week and don't remember the traits from RTW, or if they've changed names in M2.

Whatever happens, I'd still like to hear about what happens. Perhaps save the game and then see if the game will let the inquisitor burn your faction leader?

Cheers!

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmoor_Dragon
    I saw mentioned on another forum that they were using a "move cheat" to relocate inquisitors to the opposite side of the map.

Does anybody have any idea what this "cheat" actually is and how to use it?

(might actually encourage me to play the game again before the patch - I did try another campaign, vh/vh, everything going dandy - 1117 perfect relations with the pope/papal states, no heresy about, 98% catholicism in all regions - inquisitor pops up and in 3 moves he has killed off 3 faction heirs {kills the heir, replaced, kills that heir, replaced, kills THAT heir} I now have one family member left (the king) and a 11 year wait for next heir to mature - the King {piety 1) is in Bruges, the inquisitor is in Antwerp...

guess what's going to happen next turn...?)

- the game just isnt worth playing when this sort of thing happens.
    press Press the tilde (~) key and enter

move_character z x,y z=name of settlement or unit without title (except Captain). x,y=coords

move over a spot on the land and type show_cursorstat, note the x,y coordinates, and then type move_character "inquisitors name" x,y.

Thanks chaps - appreciate it.
    morsus mihi

Works fine except that names with a "de" in the middle dont seem to be able to be moved (no such character error) - does anybody know of a specific syntax for these fellows?

i.e. Renaldus de Sala

Have tried most combinations with no joy
    morsus mihi

I wanna be a real boy! Member chunkynut's Avatar

This for me is a wierd complaint as in my campaign only one general and one priest (and he had 5 piety i think) have been tried successfully (and i don't think there have been many more trials).

My game is however on normal ... so perhaps this issue is arrising from the difficulty level, anyone had problems with inquisitors in a normal game?

Works fine except that names with a "de" in the middle dont seem to be able to be moved (no such character error) - does anybody know of a specific syntax for these fellows?

i.e. Renaldus de Sala

Have tried most combinations with no joy
    It's Renaldus de_Sala.

Tvm!
    morsus mihi

Quote Originally Posted by Roy1991
    It's Renaldus de_Sala.
    Is this the case with any two word surnames, such as (In my current game) Lewes of Plymouth. Should it be Lewes of_Plymouth, or something different? Also, as I understand it you don't enter "reputation" titles,(E.G. Edgar the Cruel would just be "Edgar"), but what if you have two characters with the same name but different titles?

You can also do a sneaky response to the Inquisition without cheating.

I just watch for the inquisitors...When they show up near your border you send any Generals you like elsewhere (especially via boats). You can also just move a general a bit away and wait for the inquisitor to find someone else to go after. However, it is important that you spot the inquisitor before they find your general as they will chase their target.

I am sure some people don't like this but it can payoff for your star general to take a country vacation or cruise...Also if you have a general you do not like the inquisitor might finish them off and you may be offered another by adoption before too long.

Anyways using my approach I find I lose an occasional general to the inquisition but nothing like 4 generals in a few turns.
    If I could only find my TARDIS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who_Regen#4

I just watch for the inquisitors...When they show up near your border you send any Generals you like elsewhere (especially via boats). You can also just move a general a bit away and wait for the inquisitor to find someone else to go after. However, it is important that you spot the inquisitor before they find your general as they will chase their target.

I am sure some people don't like this but it can payoff for your star general to take a country vacation or cruise...Also if you have a general you do not like the inquisitor might finish them off and you may be offered another by adoption before too long.

Anyways using my approach I find I lose an occasional general to the inquisition but nothing like 4 generals in a few turns.
    To be honest, you needn't lose any, ever, if you get the hang of the papal standing system. I haven't lost anyone in 700+ turns of play in different campaigns since sussing it, even when inquisitors have strayed into my lands.

Quote Originally Posted by D Wilson
    To be honest, you needn't lose any, ever, if you get the hang of the papal standing system. I haven't lost anyone in 700+ turns of play in different campaigns since sussing it, even when inquisitors have strayed into my lands.

Could you elaborate on how you do this?
    I have found that when I have the pope and high standing the inquisitors will still go after my priests (have steered clear with my generals).

Thanks
    If I could only find my TARDIS

Could you elaborate on how you do this?
    I have found that when I have the pope and high standing the inquisitors will still go after my priests (have steered clear with my generals).

Thanks

Yes, although I don't believe I am doing anything different to what alot of people have mentioned already. Non-aggression towards Catholic nations at all times apart from when they are excommunicated, building lots of cathedrals and whatnot and making sure I vote for the right person every time is all.
    It may be the case that I haven't lost any priests because they all have too high piety to be targeted, which is partially connected to the large amounts of churches I have. Moving them from province to province in a sort of "tour" of my lands seems to help as well.
    Perhaps I've been lucky, but since being careful with these things I am certain that the papacy and inquisition is not bugged at all.

To be honest, you needn't lose any, ever, if you get the hang of the papal standing system.
    No offence, and not directed especially at you D Wilson, but Im sick to the hind teeth of hearing this BS line about "you just good relations" and associated pap.

The inquisitor appeared whilst my papal relations were "outstanding", that catholicism was 98% or higher in every single region, that I was in no wars with ANY catholic factions (NOR had I been) other than an excommunicated HRE, was actively crusading and that I had churches/abbeys/cathedrals and priests everywhere they could be. (on vh/vh that aint that easy either), I was even allied to the papal states.

So there's no point saying "If you just do this it will be all right" because, as indicated, it simply doesn't mean a thing - inquisitors show up where they want and fry who they want, be they family members or level 9 piety cardinals.

It appears it has naff-all to do with papal relations, catholicism and so forth - if it DID then explain why they still turn up with their 'fryers' when all the conditions are met for them NOT to?

Meanwhile Venice is in a war with the Papal States (and about every catholic faction) whilst allied to the Moors and Byzantines - removing FOW shows how many inquisitors in THEIR lands?

None, not one.

So you'll forgive me if I just ignore any such advice because as far as I can see its totally worthless and what looks far more likely is that CA have coded Inquisitors to *have a thing* for certain factions irrespective of what you do and most probably also linked to difficulty.

And after having wasted hours and hours playing the perfect "kiss the Vatican' arse" game it seems that all that arse licking was a total waste of time because they STILL send in the frying-squad.

And until CA fix the issue i'll stick to teleporting the buggers to Timbuktu and be quite happy that' i'm simply responding to badly implemented code and shoddy game balancing....

rather than just suffering the results of my inept gaming and inability to keep the pope on my side. (not).

Edit:

OH, and, yes, I voted for him, and, yes, I'm paying a tribute every turn, and, yes, it gives me "your relations have improved" message EVERY round, even though im at the top level anyway.

So if there's anything else you think I'm NOT doing then please let me know: but I'll answer you before you post them by saying "I't won't make any difference" in my very best Newt impression.
    Last edited by Darkmoor_Dragon; 11-22-2006 at 19:45.
    morsus mihi

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

I am still playing my first camp. on M/M and I have had exactly one inquisitor run in - burned a diplomat of mine. Damn good chap too.

...and since I know that DD knows his way around a TW game - I am thinking that the prevalence (and virulence) of inquisitors probably increases w/ the level of difficulty and should be toned down.

It IS absurd to have 4 family members burned to a crisp in quick succession.

Barkhorn.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Well its ironic but I really "dont mind" the inquisitors - rather I wouldnt mind them if they simply followed some sort of logical methodology.

Two things really need to change though:

1) Some player methodology for raising the piety of family members
    2) Inquisitors actually reacting to the player status with the papal states.

I quite deliberately played that last campaign to kiss-papal-butt just to see if the whole *thing* about papal standing keeping inquisitors away did actually work. And, believe me, it was a weird campaign, but aside from that it really does go to show that something is seriously awry, or there's some humongous (and obviously not patently obvious) methodology that CA forgot to document and that a few hundred thousand gamers still haven't noticed.

Also/Alternatively - if it is just going to be a hard-coded case that the English will always have the frying-squads sent after them, then why bother playing the papal-game at all... and more importantly: where is the *counter* to Inquisitors.

The entire TW franchise (which i've gamed through since year -1) always existed on a basis of "move-countermove" : you do this, I do that, everything has a means for change.

For the life of me though I'm struggling to see it with these Inquisitors unless they are just plain broken - which really does seem more likely to me at this point in time.

(And having just verified the monumentally massive "merchant income bug" it would not surprise me)
    morsus mihi

Dismounted Brooklyn Knight Member HaroldVonBraver's Avatar

I do this and I don't lose any General's at all. I'm only about 25-35 turns into the game on VH/VH. It could be worse later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldVonBraver
    I do this and I don't lose any General's at all. I'm only about 25-35 turns into the game on VH/VH. It could be worse later in the game.
    As a workaround it is probably worse than teleporting the inquisitors - if you send your generals and family members away there isn't much point in having them in the first place.
    morsus mihi

Quote Originally Posted by D Wilson
    Is this the case with any two word surnames, such as (In my current game) Lewes of Plymouth. Should it be Lewes of_Plymouth, or something different? Also, as I understand it you don't enter "reputation" titles,(E.G. Edgar the Cruel would just be "Edgar"), but what if you have two characters with the same name but different titles?
    It's the same with any two word surnames.

If you want to 'teleport' a character with a title, you need to know his original name, or it won't work.

Dismounted Brooklyn Knight Member HaroldVonBraver's Avatar

As a workaround it is probably worse than teleporting the inquisitors - if you send your generals and family members away there isn't much point in having them in the first place.
    They still do their jobs. Just a quick detour and their back in action.

Ísland...or Iceland for ye darn foreigners :)

I just had my first run in with Inquisidors, turn 32 I'm on a crusade and they burn my spy and a heir....and he is sinless on a crusade!!!! Damn it made me pissed!!!! Like this guy is getting himself burned?

Inquisidor: Excuse me prince, put away your crusading army and come with me, I suspect you are a heretic. You will most likely burn as I burn 9 out of 10 people I try. You will have no way of denouncing your heretic ways, and being sinless on a crusade doesn't protect you.

Prince Charming: All righty then mister Inquisidor, I'll just disband my crusading army and come with you to be burned......

How stupid is that, there was a reason why rulers weren't burned by Inquisidors!!!
    Roma must be destroyed

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy1991
    It's the same with any two word surnames.

If you want to 'teleport' a character with a title, you need to know his original name, or it won't work.
    Okay, I've been trying for an hour to use the "give_trait" cheat and I guess I'm doing something wrong. The character's name is Gustav Grathe and I'm trying to give him the "Just" trait. I have tried:

give_trait: Gustav Grathe Just 1
    give_trait: Gustav_Grathe Just 1
    give_trait: GustavGrathe Just 1

I have also tried these variations with other characters and traits and I keep getting the same message:

err: character not found

What am I doing wrong?
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Trying to move anything I get the same err character not found
    have tried every variation
    move_character First name Second Name
    first_second
    First_Second
    First second
    first second

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

@ Merlin the shorter, and the Goofwad

Gentlemen, try it with just the first name, this should work. I don't think if a character has two REAL names, then you just do first name. If a character has an assigned surname or title, like "The Saint", then you'll need to do "Gustav the_saint". If this isn't right, someone can correct me. Hope this helps!

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Quote Originally Posted by Goofball
    Okay, I've been trying for an hour to use the "give_trait" cheat and I guess I'm doing something wrong. The character's name is Gustav Grathe and I'm trying to give him the "Just" trait. I have tried:

give_trait: Gustav Grathe Just 1
    give_trait: Gustav_Grathe Just 1
    give_trait: GustavGrathe Just 1

I have also tried these variations with other characters and traits and I keep getting the same message:

err: character not found

What am I doing wrong?

give_trait "Gustaf Grathe" Just 1

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin's Apprentice
    Trying to move anything I get the same err character not found
    have tried every variation
    move_character First name Second Name
    first_second
    First_Second
    First second
    first second
    You must use quotation marks around the character's name.

eg. "First Second"

Also remember that it appears to be case sensitive so make sure you have the capital letters in the right place.
    and New Zealand.

Thanks will try when my epic battle for Caen is over
    4 French forces against 4 English
    French heavy missle
    English heavy cav
    a nice switch lol

So if there's anything else you think I'm NOT doing then please let me know: but I'll answer you before you post them by saying "I't won't make any difference" in my very best Newt impression.

As England i have had very little to do with inquisitors. they mostly leave me alone and my standing with the pope hovers between 1 and 2 crosses and i have been excommunicated and reconciled on numerous occasions.

I think it has to do with the amount of heresy in a region.
    British isles all regeion 98-96% all other %s are pagan. no inquisitors.

When i took france they had some already but after a while they just moved off now that i have no heresy.

HRE who owned the metz region had four inquisitors stationed there. but they did have 36% heresy

Sorry - no heresy in any of the regions and no heretics either.
    morsus mihi

No offence, and not directed especially at you D Wilson, but Im sick to the hind teeth of hearing this BS line about "you just good relations" and associated pap.
    At the minute we are all playing the same versions of the game, so perhaps the inquisitor thing is a bug triggered by a certain sequence of movements or actions that I personally have not done recently?
    I didn't say it had anything to do with "good relations" because on my first English M/M campaign I had full crosses and no crosses and everything in between and still had inquisitors crawing around annoying the hell out of me, and as I've said on my latest VH/VH English campaign, I've had no trouble at all with them. I've seen them, even had one hang around Nottingham for a while, and still nothing.
    The only difference between the two is doing the things I've mentioned.
    Now I don't come on here to talk BS, why would I? If I had a problem with the game, I'd mention it, and agree with others if I was experiencing the same.
    But I'm not, and I believe it is down to what I am doing, not anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast