Thread: Inquisitors !!

Default Inquisitors !!

ok , actually not ok:

i play UK. the pope is UK. im at peace with all. i never exterminate nor sack when take a settlement. im allied with papal state, and relation with it at highest. best churches possible everywhere and priests at max allowed converting around.
    then 2 inquisitors r coming and they start killing. in 3 turns they killed the king & 2 other family members : a total of 3 members out of 6 !!! : then 2 diplomats, even the one that negotiated the alliance with the papal state, and my best cardinal and a promising priest.
    now; France was excommunicated and attacked Caen with their Heir in command ( the fellow was at 0 piety ! ), my King repelled them and released all prisioners. then the inquisitor is passing by the french excommunicated Prince and comes and kills my king which was at 5 piety and 4 chivalry !!!

How on M2TW earth is this possible ? ( in this occasion no mods at all - thus a clean game )

Imho this is game "bug", or a wrong mechanism.
    if those inquisitors kill they should at last look for no piety at all !!!!
    A mod is really imperative imho

Wimpy of the Sore Ass Member WImPyTjeH's Avatar

Default Re: Inquisitors !!

Inquisitors don't care about allainces, status, ....

They would kill the pope if they weren't controlled by the papal states.

My best priest had 10 piety and was a bishop prefetari. I normally hide all my characters in my cities when i see an inquisitor in one of my regions (inquisitors can't reach anyone in a city) but i didn't see it. the next turn, while i was attacking Milan, i get the message that says that my cardinal is executed and it also says something like this: "he wasn't pious enough"

in other words, inquisitors are wors than assassins + you can only kill them with an assassin which is almost impossible

W
    Proud supporter of The Fourth Age: Total War
    Mod Realms - News about and home for fantastical and historical mods
    The Chamber of Records - The site dedicated to the Lore of J.R.R. Tolkien
    - The Hearts Of Men Find No Comfort In Peace ... -

Burns: I still have a hard time figuring out what the heck his name is or means...
    Apoc: Yes, I have wondered that, as well. A Google search brought up:
    Wimpy Tjeh: The great Belgian warrior, most famous for dropping his pants at the Battle of Someplaceinbelgumandnotinthenetherlands, and shouting to the Roman archers: 'Here's a target for jeh!' Also known as Wimpy of the Sore Ass.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

If you use twelve assassins, the chance that you will have him exterminated in the second turn is more than 70% :)

As to the topic: We might not be able to change this. Will have to see.

If you use twelve assassins, the chance that you will have him exterminated in the second turn is more than 70% :)
    hehe - ill try

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WImPyTjeH
    I normally hide all my characters in my cities when i see an inquisitor in one of my regions (inquisitors can't reach anyone in a city)
    Not true. I've had 2 governors killed by the same overzealous bigot in my last 2 turns - and I was at 10 pope-o-meter, the closest AI was at 6...
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.

Until I figure out how to fix them {or failing that , remove them} I am teleporting them to the Americas .

To do this , {on the campaing map} :
    press the Tild key {the one with a ` on the bottom and ~ on the top}
    then type toggle_fow and hit Enter
    then move your camera left until you get to the Americas {you could do that before , but the Fog of War hides it in darkness}
    then put your Cursor over the spot you want the psychopathic Inquisitor to be moved to and type show_cursorstat and hit Enter
    this will give you a line of information . You want the first two numbers with a comma between them {eg 118,56} these are the xx,yy corordinates you will be using
    move your camera now to the Inquisitor and place your Cursor on him so his name is shown in a box beneath him
    type move_character "Inquisitors Name" xx,yy
    the name must have Capitals at the start of each name , and if he has more than 2 names , you use a _ to join the second and third {and fourth etc} eg "Leonardo De_Caprio" or "Carlo The_Antichrist_Impersonator"

now hit enter and the lunatic will be teleported to the Americas where he seems {from my limited observations} impotant against the natives .
    You will get the "America is discovered" scroll , but it didn't seem to cause any bother to my game .
    Last edited by Mr Frost; 12-10-2006 at 01:57.
    7 out of 10 people like me ,
    I'm not going to change for the other three .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Frost
    Until I figure out how to fix them {or failing that , remove them} I am teleporting them to the Americas .

To do this , {on the campaing map} :
    press the Tild key {the one with a ` on the bottom and ~ on the top}
    then type toggle_fow and hit Enter
    then move your camera left until you get to the Americas {you could do that before , but the Fog of War hides it in darkness}
    then put your Cursor over the spot you want the psychopathic Inquisitor to be moved to and type show_cursorstat and hit Enter
    this will give you a line of information . You want the first two numbers with a comma between them {eg 118,56} these are the xx,yy corordinates you will be using
    move your camera now to the Inquisitor and place your Cursor on him so his name is shown in a box beneath him
    type move_character "Inquisitors Name" xx,yy
    the name must have Capitals at the start of each name {except for precursor bits like el or de etc} , and if he has more than 2 names , you use a _ to join the second and third {and fourth etc} eg "Leonardo de_Caprio" or "Carlo the_Antichrist_Impersonator"

now hit enter and the lunatic will be teleported to the Americas where he seems {from my limited observations} impotant against the natives .
    You will get the "America is discovered" scroll , but it didn't seem to cause any bother to my game .

Edit to correct mistake .
    7 out of 10 people like me ,
    I'm not going to change for the other three .