Poll: The next Total War game?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Next Total War game?

Been there, conquered that.... Member Darkvicer98's Avatar

Default Re: Next Total War game?

I've some research into my idea of Greece Total War. The game will start at 1200bc and end at 465bc,where Xerxes of Persia died. I've found some factions of the time in Greece,Asia Minor,Middle East,Egypt etc.

Factions include:Sumer,Assyria,Babylonia,Neo-Babylonia(when it rebels),Persians,Armenia,Arabia,Phoenician States(Kingdom of Israel,Judah,Ammon,city states etc before being taken over by the persians),Egypt(before being taken over by the persians),Hittites,Neo-Hittites(after Hittites),Scythians,Trojans,Greeks(divided into states:Sparta,Athens,Corinth,Thebes,Troy),Macedonians,Pre-Romans and Cretans.

Its sort of like Empire total war but in much smaller space and has some things Barbarian Invasion has(western roman empire rebels,Ostrogoths). I may have gone on a bit but its a good idea. Has events,disasters etc

Cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of War!

A brave man may fall,but he cannot yield-Latin Proverb

Arms keep peace-Latin Proverb

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvicer98
    I've some research into my idea of Greece Total War. The game will start at 1200bc and end at 465bc,where Xerxes of Persia died. I've found some factions of the time in Greece,Asia Minor,Middle East,Egypt etc.

Factions include:Sumer,Assyria,Babylonia,Neo-Babylonia(when it rebels),Persians,Armenia,Arabia,Phoenician States(Kingdom of Israel,Judah,Ammon,city states etc before being taken over by the persians),Egypt(before being taken over by the persians),Hittites,Neo-Hittites(after Hittites),Scythians,Trojans,Greeks(divided into states:Sparta,Athens,Corinth,Thebes,Troy),Macedonians,Pre-Romans and Cretans.

Its sort of like Empire total war but in much smaller space and has some things Barbarian Invasion has(western roman empire rebels,Ostrogoths). I may have gone on a bit but its a good idea. Has events,disasters etc
    When you say Greece: Total war all I can think about is the Peloponnesian war. The idea is good, but the naming needs to be changed. The time periods is a wee bit too long covering 750 years. Should be made into seprate games instead of only one.

I am willing to bet that next CA's game after Empire will be also with gunpowder warfare setting (17th century maybe?) to take full advantage of the new engine designed for volley musket tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus.J.Cicero
    When you say Greece: Total war all I can think about is the Peloponnesian war. The idea is good, but the naming needs to be changed. The time periods is a wee bit too long covering 750 years. Should be made into seprate games instead of only one.
    Could do Aeagean Total War or Mediterranean Total War. But if you name it Greece Total War like Rome Total War you start off as playing a Greek Faction. There could be Greece Total War and an expansion set later(time of the persians etc).

Greece Total War starts at 1200bc and ends at 800bc. You start off playing as a Greek faction(Athens,Thebes,Argos,Olympia and Sparta)which all are under the command of Mycenae(non-playable),its a bit like Rome Total War with the roman superalliance where S.P.Q.R.(Mycenae)tell the other romans(greeks)what to do. Other Factions are(some are called different names because it's more simple):

Greek-Troy,Macedonians,Cretans,Thracians
    Greek/Eastern-Hittites,Neo-Hittites,Phoenicians,Babylonians
    Eastern-Armenians,Assyrian Empire,Neo-Assyrian,Persians,Kingdom of Judah,Kingdom of Israel,Kingdom of Edom,Arabia
    African/Eastern-Egypt,Libya
    Barbarian-Scythians
    Rebels-Independant Cities
    And some more.

Greece Total War expansion starts at 600bc and ends at 445bc. Factions:Spartans,Athenians,Persians,Egypt,Cretans,Scythians,Macedonians and some more.

There are a few more factions in both games but i got to find them out. What do you think?

Could do Aeagean Total War or Mediterranean Total War. But if you name it Greece Total War like Rome Total War you start off as playing a Greek Faction. There could be Greece Total War and an expansion set later(time of the persians etc).........

Greece Total War expansion starts at 600bc and ends at 445bc. Factions:Spartans,Athenians,Persians,Egypt,Cretans,Scythians,Macedonians and some more.

There are a few more factions in both games but i got to find them out. What do you think?
    Aeagean Sound much better. It's a very good idea, I like it much better when people are killing each other with swords and spears. etc. etc. Guns in strategy games isn't exactly what I like. Single-shooters yes, grand scale strategy games no.

The expansion pack is mainly about the rise of Persia. and I think there might already be a mod for it. Great idea never the less, The major faction missing from you list is Babylon, who was in fact the most powerful empire on earth at that time under king Nebuchadnezzar II right at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Robmel
    I am willing to bet that next CA's game after Empire will be also with gunpowder warfare setting (17th century maybe?) to take full advantage of the new engine designed for volley musket tactics.
    I wouldn't mind Sucession: Total War. As mentioned by King Jan III Sobieski earlier, having muskets kinda of ruins the good old slashing and stabbing warfare but I guess the CA might try to take advantage of the new game engine, and also it's a very exciting timeline not explored before.

Sucession: Total will span roughly 200 years. Starting from 1610-1800, the starting time is right before Empire, while finishing right before the Napoleonic Wars. It will have 4 different starting period. Each one featuring a turbulent war during its time.

Period 1 (1610-1800): Thirty Years' War
    Period 2 (1700-end): The War of Spanish Succession
    Period 3 (1740-end): The War of Austrian Succession
    Period 4 (1750-end): Seven Year's War

This period will also feature the rise of the Russians, and the Ottoman will no doubt play a part. During this time fantasic character sprang up from all over the place. Frederick II, Louis XIV, Gustavus Adolphus………
    Last edited by Quintus.JC; 04-29-2008 at 15:20.

Aeagean Sound much better. It's a very good idea, I like it much better when people are killing each other with swords and spears. etc. etc. Guns in strategy games isn't exactly what I like. Single-shooters yes, grand scale strategy games no.

The expansion pack is mainly about the rise of Persia. and I think there might already be a mod for it. Great idea never the less, The major faction missing from you list is Babylon, who was in fact the most powerful empire on earth at that time under king Nebuchadnezzar II right at the start.
    Yes i knew there were a few more factions in both. Make a few more changes to the expansion:at the time of 600bc,the persians were the Median Empire whereas the Persians at the time of 550bc were the Achaemenid Empire. A few changes to the expansion:

Factions:
    Greek-Spartans,Athenians,Cretans,Macedonians,Thracians,Phonecians
    East-Persians,Babylonians,Assyrians,Arabians,Armenians
    African-Egyptians,Libyans,Cyrenians
    Barbarian-Scythians

Religion:
    Greek
    Zoroastrianism
    Barbarian(i don't know precise religion)

Start off factions:
    Persians
    Spartans
    Athenians
    (Maybe another faction as well)

What do you think of the expansion?

Aegean:Total War sounds good. I also prefer games with swords and spears etc
    Last edited by Darkvicer98; 04-29-2008 at 18:26.

Yes i knew there were a few more factions in both. Make a few more changes to the expansion:at the time of 600bc,the persians were the Median Empire whereas the Persians at the time of 550bc were the Achaemenid Empire. A few changes to the expansion.......

Aegean:Total War sounds good. I also prefer games with swords and spears etc
    Your expansion pack idea is already being used. I think you can download it from somewhere in the Guild.
    Anyway here’s the official website: http://www.riseofpersia.com/

The original game idea sounds good though. Ancient warfare with swords and spears rock!

Your expansion pack idea is already being used. I think you can download it from somewhere in the Guild.
    Anyway here’s the official website: http://www.riseofpersia.com/

The original game idea sounds good though. Ancient warfare with swords and spears rock!
    Oh well,at least i still got my original game which sounds good.

Platinum Member Member Anonymous II's Avatar

I think they should look waaay back in time.

Something from 8000BC or so. When humans had to hunt down mammoths with sticks and stones.

The Total War between humans and the environment; animals, weather and such.

That would be something new and different.

Platinum Member Member Anonymous II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Bloody Infantry
    I feel there should at some point be a Mongolia:Total War, covering the period of the rise of the Mongol Empire and spanning Asia, Europe and the Middle East. The Mongols have shown up in almost every TW game at some point as interlopers; it would be nice to see them take center stage for once. And it would be great to have a TW game which features the Oriental factions as well as the Europeans.
    Ooo... this is by far the best suggestion in this thread!

Well done!

I have no more words.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910