Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 0.8x AI Faction Progression

Default Re: 0.8x AI Faction Progression

Here is mine (Playing as the Romani)

A very intresting campaign and it looks like the year 262 will be the start of some great wars and expansion and i had a couple of nasty suprises in the
    form of naval Landings near Taras in 271 and the other one was near Lilibeo in 264 the year that Scipio took Lilibeo but he was forced out by a full stack.

Arverni - Not done much but they have some full stacks

Aedui - Also not done much. But they also gatherd their banners and are marching to the Arverni

Baktria - Has not done much, but i can see two full stacks marching in India so they have plans

Casse - Same story, Full stack marching to rebel provinces

Epeiros - Afther i had beaten them near Taras in 271 they focused together with Konion Hellenon against Macedon they took Pella in 267 (Was following the war with one of my spies)

Getai - Full stack story again

Hayasdan - Not much to tell, just sitting in there settelments doing nothing

Karthadastim - Well one of the most powerfull factions in game i think. Got some full stacks, One in Iberia, Sicily on Two on the mainland. But since they are in war with me i don't got any high hopes for them. Also they did suprise me when they landed a full stack in Sicily

Konion Hellenon - Took Conrith in 269 and then together with Epeiros fought a hard fought war against Macedon

Lusotannan - Allmost no activity

Makedonia - Is fighting a hard fought war with Epeiros and Konion Hellenon it looks like they are preparing a counter offensive on Athens and Pella

Pontus - Well the Full stack story one more marching to Seleukia

Potomalic - Well very intresting, they are fighting a war with Seleukia. Mainly in Asia Minor. They are winning but i think that will soon change because one of the great Generals of Seleukia: Sarpardon Syriados (This guy has great stats) has assembeld a army.

Sweboz/Saka Rauka/Sauromatea - Are building op their forces slowly

All with all.. Very intresting and i'm looking forward to some expansion

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

update of my bactrian campaign.

lots of nice things happening, after reconquering Sardinia Qart Hadasht invaded Italy and is currently laying siege to capua. Epirote took Rhegium and is heading north while 4-5 roman full stacks are trying to fight off the Aedui and Averni.

The Sauromatae went west and are sieging Gelonus atm.

One casse full stack is laying siege to Attuaca.

But my absolute favourite are the Sabeae. They conquered Petra and sent two(!) full stacks to Alexandria in a head to head race with one Seleukid army (greedy bastards ).

Oh, and after 30 years Pahlava and Saka Raukae broke their alliances with me and allied up with the Seleukids so the next years are going to be a challenge.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

btw, 32 years and not a single ctd! great job guys!
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

EB Traitor Member BozosLiveHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Casuir
    It says Aedui/Averni get them at 251bc, I'm at Casse at 240 bc without seeing them which is why I asked. N/m though I looked in the script and they dont happen for anyone till much later.
    You are right, I must have been drunk when I wrote that. Correct dates are 220BC and 120BC.

I'm in year 263 and a very interesting series of alliances has occurred, well interesting in my opinion. To combat the Makedonian advances the Getai, Koinon Hellenon, and Epeiros have a three way alliance. As I type this Epeiros is sending two large armies into the heart of Macedon, Getai have an army on the way to Tylis to cut off their expansion there, and Koinon Hellenon Well... they're driving back the forces headed for Sparte which I think is admirable enough. I'm really excited to see where this is going, but I'm afraid it's going to result in Makedonian dominance of the area since I am about to interfere with Epeiros.

Edit:

Year 260 and the "Anti-Mak" League, as I have so fondly begun to call it, has grown from just Getai, the Hellenes, and Epeiros to include Pontus and the Seleukids. Despite this now five-way alliance they have only caused a stall in Makedonian growth because they can't seem to coordinate attacks. Each will send one in at a time and be wiped out. Hellenes still hold Sparte, Epeiros has lost one province to Makedonia and are down to only two. Getai have expanded nicely, creating a long border to the south with Makedonia. Seleukids are trying to fight back some Makedonian incursions into the Agaean coast. Pontos is holding them on their eastward spread. Can't wait to see how this turns out - hope they'll work together and rid the Makedonians of their territories!
    Last edited by Septimus; 12-09-2006 at 23:46.

I wonder what the key is for Sarmatians, Saka, and Casse? In some campaigns all three can do great. In others they just stagnate.

My Romani campaign:

The campaign is running smooth, but I have one problem:
    The Polybian reform hasn't happened,
    now I've read the faq and conquered all the settlements that are needed, but nothing happened...
    Do I have to wait longer before it is triggered or is it some kind of bug

Well, the nomads burn through the 30,000 they get at the start in about 5 turns, after that I'm guessing if they dont move fairly quickly they're just in too deep a hole to pull themselves out of. Maybe move their armies closer to enemy cities, they seem to mill about the steppes a lot.

Just checked the sauromatae cities and their combined income is -5900 a year, not nice.
    Last edited by Casuir; 12-10-2006 at 01:06.

Yo,

Here is my Carthage campaign: 251

Not much expansion from the Gauls, Sweboz or Iberia. Greece is a stalemate eventhough the Maks are down to Pella, the Greeks have been seiging it for the last decade but can't capture it.

Baktria went to the north and the Ptolomies have most of Asia Minor. I'm not at war with them yet, but having just taken Cyrene will change that soon.

I also thought this was interesting:

Rome has three protectorates and is now at war with the getai. Maybe they will be #4?

Spring 257 of my Romani campaign.

Posted full-size because, well, I've never seen KH push Makedon this hard, this early. Demetrias has changed hands half a dozen times already. Instead of facing the Ptolemaics head-on, the Seleukids are letting themselves be pushed into the steppes. Carthage just declared on me two turns ago despite numerous large stacks in the west securing the edge and the riches of Iberia being much more lightly guarded than the fields of Sicily. The Ptolemaics and Carthaginians skirmished some over Kyrene, but the central desert has been oddly quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Janius
    My Romani campaign:

The campaign is running smooth, but I have one problem:
    The Polybian reform hasn't happened,
    now I've read the faq and conquered all the settlements that are needed, but nothing happened...
    Do I have to wait longer before it is triggered or is it some kind of bug
    They seem to have a condition of +- 30 years played -> they should be triggered approx. 240 BC.
    EB member

Shot of my Selucid campaign Getting quite a bit from my mines. :)
    Messed up the image compression a little bit.
    [URL=https://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8592/romeyn2.jpg]
    Last edited by Sdragon; 12-10-2006 at 12:43.

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

This is my Kart-Hadast campaign, 238 BC. The Ptolemaioi have become a massive superpower. Baktrians forced some of the steppe factions to protectorates and the resulting expansion is... interesting. Seleukids are getting beat bad. In Europe, the Epeirotes have become a green monster. The only reason why Romans have Capua is because my spies & assassins made the city rebel to them. Kh seem stuck where they are, they have some powerful armies but they seem totally incompetent in using them. They don't make any real effort to finish the weakened Makedonians. All the barb factions seem passive.

One thing I've noticed that appears in pretty much all of the screenshots posted so far: The Lusotannan always seem to sit still and not expand. I think they should be made more aggressive, at the very least they should make an attempt to grab most of Iberia from the rebels.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

I'm really excited to the see the Epeirote expansion. Great stuff in the campaign.

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

Update of my bactrian campaign, 228 BC.

The Macs invaded Asia minor and are at war with Seleukids, Pontus, Epirote, Rome, KH, Quart Hadasht (dunno how that happened) and the Sauromatae.

Casse is coming along nicely and sent a full stack to northern France.

Qart Hadasht is finally moving into Iberia and invading italy and sicily from time to time.

Arche Seleukeia is a royal pain in the arse, fighting full stacks of Thorakitai Argyraspidai, Hypaspistai and Kataphraktoi every turn isnt much fun.

I need 3-4 armies to defend my borders and after drowning in money at the beginning i´m pretty broke now.
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

It seems that whoever conquers the Greek peninsula becomes a superpower and heads north; in any case it looks like the baltic and area north of there need some more powerful rebels to prevent excessive hellenic and roman expansion there.

Getai and Lusitanians seem weak in most campaigns.

Nice map you've got there, Bavarian Barbarian!
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Here's the first 20 years of my Carthage campaign. Overall, not a lot of AI expansion going on, especially by the barbarian factions. I'm glad however to see that the Maks aren't a superpower already and the Greeks and Epirotes are keeping them in check. The surprise here were the Saby'n who are giving the Ptolemies a run for their mnai.

First 20 years of a Casse campaign using BI exe

Lot of naval invasions going on, interestingly rome shipped an army across the Adriatic and attacked epiros in the balkans. they also went for crete the same time as the greeks:

All 3 armies there are enemys. Crete's greek now
    Lot of the factions that dont look like they're doing anything are, but some seem to freeze for years at a time. Getai havent moved an inch since the start in this one though.

Interesting to see:
    -Casse aren't doing as poorly as we all first thought. It's supposed to be difficult. Sometimes they expand, sometimes they die out, sometimes they just sit with their one province. Pretty good to me.
    -Baktria has made it to the steppe a few times here, but not too often.
    -We've put more troops in Segestica to start the game off, hopefully Roman expansion into central Europe won't always funnel through there so quickly.
    -Bi.exe sure does seem to give a lot more interesting naval results. I might start playing that myself.
    -Greece being conquered by one faction would result in a superpower, but many of these powers in that area don't control all of it, just part.
    -Seeing Rome almost destroyed by the AI once was pretty nice.
    -Carthage expansion is doing a lot better now that they aren't having to send armies to Kyrene and Augila all the time. Seaboard expansion in Iberia is great.

Here's how things are coming along in my Sweboz campaign

I'm strong allies with the Arverni and together we've more or less completely spent the Aedui, I'm now moving in to take over Northwestern Gaul.

The Seleucid are a friggen beast, after their catastrophic defeats at the hand of the Ptolemies pushing them out of Asia Minor they moved east and turned their fates completely around.

The Ptolemies for their part are becoming 'the' force in the Eastern Mediterranean and have nearly conquered all of Anatolia after completely seizing the Phoenician coast from the Seleucid's.

Kart-Hadast has totally wiped out the Lustiania after nearly half a century of fighting, and now control almost all of Iberia.

Epieros has been a significant thorn in Rome's side hampering their southern and eastern expansion considerably, and although Rome has taken part of southern Italy, they still have a foothold with some troops and are about to conquer all of Sicily.

Konion Hellan has surprised everyone and came out of nowhere, crushing both Makedonia and Pontos.

The Getai are expansing in a strange way sort of going 'around' the Carpathians but not venturing inside.

The Sabeans have managed to grab Kush from the Ptolemies somehow, and after putting up a fight the Ptolemies more or less let them have it.

The Casse are expanding on the British isles, slowly but surely.

The Parthians did nothing for the entire game and the Sarmatians are expanding a little.
    Last edited by Zero1; 12-11-2006 at 05:34.
    "This is a-radi-hi-iiic-ulous"-Zeek

The south of Egypt has Saba as the faction creator so when those areas rebel they go to them. It is why we used to see Parthian territory in the middle of Africa in the .7x builds.

Saka taking Sogdiane and Dayuan? Supersweet! Haven't seen that yet. But it's good. Combined with interesting Sarmatian expansion is a good thing. Very nice Getic expansion too. And a totally different type of Ptolemaic expansion.

Wow, that really is some nice expansion. What year is that Zero, and what difficulty are you playing on? Also, is it with the BI.exe or RTW?

I think what we're seeing here really is very interesting and varied expansion from the different campaigns people have posted. It's really nice to see. There are of course tweaks that remain to be made, but the potential is great. You almost don't see the same thing twice, except where expected. Good stuff.

VH/M, 231bc and using EB.exe
    "This is a-radi-hi-iiic-ulous"-Zeek

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Okay since the last time I posted the ai somewhat fell a sleep. Almost all expansions halted. The only exeption is Pontus and the Ptolemaioi who got the upperhand again. Thanks to my financing however and possibly because of my conquering too. But it seems like a few of those settlements will rebel tough. Currently there's no real superpower. Rome has halted almost all conquering and is now sieging Patavium which has a...err surprising selection of units. That's all I have to say except that Pontus is verry fun to play, but is easier than I tought. Should have played VH instead of H.

Last edited by Moros; 12-11-2006 at 16:55.

Here is my KH campaign, 242 BC (using EB.exe):

It's been a very interesting campaign so far, and things are about to get a whole lot more interesting. I started out fairly weak, but after a decade I took out Makedonia. Before I started taking out Epeiros, their kingdom stretched from the Italy to the southwestern coasts of the Black Sea. Of course, you can see I took care of that.

They have been a huge thorn in Rome's side for most of the game, have beseiged Rome and Capua on numerous occassions. However, Rome and Carthage have been the most loyal allies I have ever seen, and Carthage has sent numerous stacks into Italy to help fight back the Epeirotes. However, in the past couple turns, a peace treaty has been signed. Now, Rome has taken Aeudi lands, and are now left with a decision. I wonder if this bodes well for me, since after taking Segestica, I now share a border with Roman lands.

Carthage was quiet for the first couple decades, but now are steadily progressing up the seaboard, and are now at war with the Aeudi and the Lusotannians, who have done little themselves. They are, however, allied with the Arverni, which makes me wonder what will come to pass. Will Rome declare war on the Arverni, triggering a war with their BFF? Or will they turn northeast, toward the Sweboz? Or will they turn against me???

The Sweboz were on a little rampage a few years ago, but a few setbacks have slowed that down. They are at war with the Arverni, but have yet to engage them in battle. The Casse are slowly, gradually building up armies and beseiging settlements.

Pontos, Armenia, Sauromatae, and the Getai have done absolutely nothing.

The Ptolemies are the beast in the east I'm worried about. They have nearly taken all of Anatolia, are currently beseing the Seleukids' last stronghold there (Ipsos), and have laid seige to my city of Halicarnassus numerous times. Luckily, my walls have yet been breached, but each stack they send keeps getting bigger, so my focus may shift there soon. If Rome lets me....

As for the Seleukids, after getting pushed out of the Levant and Anatolia, they are about to wipe out Pahlava. And after the Sabeans got out to a great start, taking most of Arabia, they are losing the war with the Seleukids, and a few of their settlements rebelled.

Bactria has yet to wage war on the Seleukids, but have waged war on the Saka, taking one settlement, and sending armies north. They are also venturing toward India, but a war with the Seleukids cannot be far off.

Lastly, a war between the Ptolemies and Carthage recently incited over Kyrene. Carthage took it first, but the Ptolemies quickly seized it. Now, though Carthage seems to be focusing on Europe, they have the richest treasuries in all the lands, so they may start a two-front war of their own soon.

All in all, looks like I'm in the beginnings of World War 0 here! Awesome game, guys!
    Last edited by cdbavg400; 12-12-2006 at 04:40.

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Romani.

***Seleukids are pretty much holding: losing on the levant, and gaining on the arabian peninsula.

***Saba has only 2 provinces, en route to conquer their third.

***Both gallic factions are pretty active, specially the aeduii, which have full stacks on Massillia and Mediolanum. It will be thrilling to conquer gaul.

***Carthage have gained domain over a lot of african provinces, and it won`t be long before I see a mayor clash between Carthage and the Ptolies.

***Lusitanii are progressing VERY well, they have 3 provinces and are sieging a fourth, with great chances to succeed.

***Britons are progressing slowly but steady.

***Koinon Hellenon is giving the Maks a pounding!!! They have a lot of sh** heading for the maks...

***Sweboz are just sitting there

***Sarmatae have conquered a caucasian province, but haven`t went farther ahead.

***Saka are looking good, but they haven`t got many units... dunno, perhaps a population problem?

***Parthians have lost their southern province... what`s going on with them that in every game they got their arses kicked??????

***And I strongly suggest that something should be done about the getai, they rarely expand, and I think that my campaign is a very rare exception.

Despite some expansion problems, I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso
    ***Parthians have lost their southern province... what`s going on with them that in every game they got their arses kicked??????
    Everyone except this one , Getai not doing so bad here either.

Macedon campaign 250 BC, I had to drop my casse campaign, cause of a unpassable ctd in the macedonAI-turn, so I figured I start fresh as Macedon.

p.s. I edited the Sahara region, though I prefer not to, I just really wanted to be sure to have had one game without Carthage-Ptolemy full scale wars.
    Last edited by Oleo; 12-11-2006 at 21:43.
    EB member

Me Epiros camping

I am curently in war whit Rome, which are besieging my Capua whit their last strong army full of Sarmatians I have accepted to becom their Protctorat 2*times but they have atecet me at in the same turn (so it busted me treasury for free )
    Probly an war whit th KH because there is nothing between us exept Theremon. They took Korinthos and are besieging Chalkis (is it allright that from Athen tu Chalkis, send armies whit out a boat?? , the same from sicily to itally)

The AS and the Ptolemayos are pounding one another again.
    Saba has 2 provinces and heading for their 3.
    Pontus took Nicodemia, Saka took one setelment, Bactria advances east(curentli besieging kophen), but has some stacks ready on the border Whit AS wich is in war whit Pahlava, Hayasdan (after tacking Kotais) has a full stack but doing nothing after one smal stack has been beaten at Kabalaka

Sauromate and Casse ain´t doing nothing. As the Getai after grabing the province west from them.

Lusotan marches a full stack to Numantia.
    The Arweni are besieging Lemonum and Burdigala, while the Adui are pounding hard on the Arveni (but with no succes).
    Carthage advances slowly in africa, has 2 full stacks in iberia rhat are doing nothing.
    The Sweboz are trying to take the rebels whit tiny stacks, while their full stack army just sits at their capital.

Nother 20 years as Casse.

Lusotan started off good then froze, same with Hayasdan, think they have a problem.
    Getai still havent budged.
    Macedon and pontus both wiped out by the greeks, Epirotes heading for the steppes.
    Pahlava, Bactria and Saba all seem to be going well.
    Saka looked out of it then briefly retook one of the provinces Baktria had taken from them.
    Sarmatians look better than they are, two of their provinces were picked up through rebellion, the last of which left them at war with Epiros.
    Sweboz started heading east soon as I took both belgian provinces,
    Aedui headed north and hit me with a lot of stuff including a good few massilian hoplites, came at me in waves every couple of years, looked real dodgy at times but they look spent now. Averni are moving in to pick up the pieces.
    Cartage and Rome still squabbling over islands.
    Ptolomies have the seleucids on the ropes, they're getting real scary looking.

if you actually observe closely, the macedonians are losing or wiped out on almost everyone's campaign!! And you guys want to nerf them even more in the upcoming version!?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast