Thread: Suggesion Needed.....plz

Default Suggesion Needed.....plz

Hey guys can any of you tell me how I can play the Aedui in a more Historical matter???

you see I have the settings in VH/M, which means I can beat the sh*t out of the AI.

A few historical questions I have are:
    -Army Composition (BIG ISSUE)... when I played H/H in .74 my armies where 2/3 gaestrae (sp) once my economy supported that.

-On which direction whould I expand?... I am thinking of taking Europe part of Iberia, Germania, and pushed through the Balkans into Makedonia and Bizantium. A few raids into Italy but nothing serius....Any suggestions.

-Any other suggestions I should know about?????

p.s I will DEFITELY follow the EB house rule of destroying the AI's gov't builiding. (95% of the time anyways)

Default Re: Suggesion Needed.....plz

Maybe someone should develop a group of agreed upon (by most folks) house rules. That might make it more challenging.

As far as expansion goes, Greece and Macedonia seem to be the right direction. Only a decade or so before the game begins, a Gallic chief named Brennus led a Gaulish army through Epirus and Macedonia. He conquered Delphi, and sacked the Temple of Zeus at Olympia. As far as Rome goes, in 387 BCE a force of Cisalpine Gauls sacked Rome. However, by the time of Julius Caesar, the Aedui were known as friends of Rome, so I suppose you could play either way.

I was also reading in the Encyclopedia Britannica (1911,) that the chief magistrate of the Aedui was not allowed to move past the frontier. For a more historical feel, perhaps you could play a game where you kept your faction leader (and his significant bodyguard) confined to your capital region.

Edit: mistake on the date of the sack of Rome
    Last edited by Damasus; 12-08-2006 at 01:36.
    "History is philosophy teaching by example"~ Thucydides

Thanx Damasus....
    Now as for:
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasus
    ..... However, by the time of Julius Caesar, the Aedui were known as friends of Rome, so I suppose you could play either way.

hopefully the Romani won't attack me... so far they don't want to ally and just started attacking the Rebels north.

On a more positive note:
    Is 270 BC and the Arverni are DONE!