Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: screenshots of bugs

Default Re: screenshots of bugs

Carthaginian bodyguards have graphical problems when zoomed out a little(their cloak turns into something:)).Also when zoomed in their cloak looks like it is floating above the horse.
    In Vino Veritas!

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Hi!!!!

Some glitches I`ve found:

Equites Extraordinarii have got no Kontos.

Polybian Triarii textures are messed up in certain "unit detail" levels.

In this picture, you can see them with low unit detail, notice the triarii on the edges of the pic.

In this one, with medium unit detail, notice the triarii on the edges of the pic.

In this one, notice that despite having the triarii with medium unit detail, the sprites are nonetheless messed up.

Ah, and this is a trait issue. I always thought that cacao and tobacco were introduced from america into europe, by the spaniards, in the XV century. Or did the Celts discovered Marihuana long before us???

Hope this is useful for you guys, keep up the excellent work.

Cheers!!!!

PS1: I always wanted to ask: What does "anti-aliasing" and "desynchronize animations" do? Thanks in advance!
    PS2: Happy new year

Hello. I am sorry for the off-topic problem.
    I am new here and I am very excited for this Europa Barbarorum.

I have one big problem. I have done everithing as instructed but now my game let me play only as the roman factions....

what is wrong? how do you start playing in the EB factions ??

I've started RTW and went single player - Imperial campaign - and NO FACTIONS besides the roman ones

Help please !!!

PS: excuse me again for the off topic

AlexCezar

Where the wisdom fails, the courage is send by the gods...
    AlexCezar

When wisdom fails, the courage is sent by the Gods...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCezar
    ...my game let me play only as the roman factions.......
    Sounds like you are still getting vanilla. Do you have an EB shortcut (its a sort of gold disc with EB in gothic letters on it)? If you start the game with that you should get to EB, if you use the old RTW shortcut you just get the original game.

hello again

Thanks for your quick response. I've just started as a Getae - I am romanian :).

Cya soon.

AlexCezar
    AlexCezar

When wisdom fails, the courage is sent by the Gods...

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

About the smoking: Maybe it's oppium, or even canabis (originated in the himalayas). Though I don't believe that canabis got to Europe for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    or even canabis (originated in the himalayas).
    That`s right. But I believe it`s just a minor slip up...

Okey, here`s 2 more graphic bugs...

The Saka are presented in some screens with the Yuezhi icon.

This ancilliarie`s description doesn`t explain which specifical benefits it provides. Perhaps it does give some direct benefits, or makes more probable the aquisition of certain traits, but the player doesn`t know it...

Cheers!!!!!!!

PS1: I always wanted to ask: What does "anti-aliasing" and "desynchronize animations" do? Thanks in advance!
    anti-aliasing is a graphik feature hich is very hardwareintese, and i can't explain it in english (ever heard of treppchen effekt?), please google or wiki it.

desynchronize animations, makes the anims happens slightly different

Ah, and this is a trait issue. I always thought that cacao and tobacco were introduced from america into europe, by the spaniards, in the XV century. Or did the Celts discovered Marihuana long before us???
    Totally late and slightly off topic, but there've been found remains of Phonecian ships with cannabis on board. Totaly possible the Celts used it.

As for Anti-aliasing... you know how some straight lines (like spear shafts) can look kinda jagged? Anti-aliasing smooths that out.
    Last edited by Fleeb; 01-03-2007 at 21:57.

No biggy, but this is what the eatern greek theator looks like on the battle map: a construction site?:

Marian Legions, Yea! /\
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 01-06-2007 at 12:14.

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

A RTW building looks like it's under construction if it has been damaged (due to peasant riots, assassin sabotage, etc)

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

That's odd. I've never seen that before, usually construction sites are called "construction site". And there was nothing damaged (besides the gov) when I took the town.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: screenshots of bugs

The horseplume of the Makedonian Hetairoi and bodyguard cavalry is wrong.

Casse Geroas have the wrong sprites.

Also, when someone killed of the Koinion Hellenon (or what was left of it) on Rhodes, the faction destroyed message just showed a black field.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

"Technocrat Politician" Member C.LVCIANVS's Avatar

Exclamation Reporting CTD!!!

Romani campaign
    226 B.C.
    - Aestas
    Sieging Massilia vs. Eleutheroi

- Autumnus
    AI Eleutheroi turn. A big army attacks my general sieging the city. Clicking fight battle on battlemap

After the loading screen with the eastern greek rulers...
    CTD!

It says: "Failed to find texture 'eb/data/models_unit/textures/agart_hypaspistai_macedon.tga'."
    Trying to go on...
    °CAIVS^LVCIANVS°

..."Atqve nostris militibvs cvnctantibvs, maxime propter altitvdinem maris, qvi decimae legionis aqvilam ferebat, obtestatvs deos, vt ea res legioni feliciter eveniret: -"Desilite"- inqvit -"commilitones, nisi vvltis aqvilam hostibvs prodere: ego certe mevm rei pvblicae atqve imperatori officivm praestitero"-. Hoc cvm voce magna dixisset, se ex navi proiecit atqve in hostes aqvilam ferre coepit. Tvm nostri cohortati inter se ne tantvm dedecvs admitteretvr vniversi ex navi desilvervnt. Hos item ex proximis [primis] navibvs cvm conspexissent, svbsecvti hostibvs adpropinqvarvnt."

C.IVL.CAESAR COS.
    "COMMENTARII DE BELLO GALLICO" -Liber IV, XXV.

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso

This ancilliarie`s description doesn`t explain which specifical benefits it provides. Perhaps it does give some direct benefits, or makes more probable the aquisition of certain traits, but the player doesn`t know it...
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the historical ancilliaries don't really have bonuses such as +1 management? At least, all my generals got - both in 0.7.4 and 0.8 didn't... IMO, they're more a sort of feature, one which makes EB more realistic... So this may not be a bug after all.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Default Re: Reporting CTD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C.LVCIANVS

After the loading screen with the eastern greek rulers...
    CTD!

It says: "Failed to find texture 'eb/data/models_unit/textures/agart_hypaspistai_macedon.tga'."
    Trying to go on...
    Since the hypaspistai seem to be removed from EB 0.8, and the Spartans look kinda like Seleukid 0.7.4 hypaspistai: what are those 120 peasant icon guys? Some sort of hoplites? That might explain the CTD, for (see the Spartans) apparently EB uses the former hypaspistai units to cover the hoplites... (Which makes me wonder, why have the hypaspistai been removed in the first place? After all: the unit description of Thorakitai Agyraspidai still reads "the fittest among the hypaspistai"...)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

"Technocrat Politician" Member C.LVCIANVS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    Since the hypaspistai seem to be removed from EB 0.8, and the Spartans look kinda like Seleukid 0.7.4 hypaspistai: what are those 120 peasant icon guys? Some sort of hoplites? That might explain the CTD, for (see the Spartans) apparently EB uses the former hypaspistai units to cover the hoplites... (Which makes me wonder, why have the hypaspistai been removed in the first place? After all: the unit description of Thorakitai Agyraspidai still reads "the fittest among the hypaspistai"...)

I could say the 120 peasant icon are the mercenary massilian hoplites that I've recruited just before preparing to siege the city, like curoas and curepos, but I thought that the massilian hoplite icon wasn't in 0.8, like the mercenary lucanian infantry for example...
    But if EB uses the hypaspistai units texture to cover massilian hoplites on battle screen... Every battle concerning a unit of massilian hoplites in the game will crash???

I'll try massilians in a custom battle, so we'll see...

VALE!

EDIT: Maybe fixed, just look Aymar's post down in massilian hoplites' topic...
    Last edited by C.LVCIANVS; 01-07-2007 at 23:41.
    °CAIVS^LVCIANVS°

..."Atqve nostris militibvs cvnctantibvs, maxime propter altitvdinem maris, qvi decimae legionis aqvilam ferebat, obtestatvs deos, vt ea res legioni feliciter eveniret: -"Desilite"- inqvit -"commilitones, nisi vvltis aqvilam hostibvs prodere: ego certe mevm rei pvblicae atqve imperatori officivm praestitero"-. Hoc cvm voce magna dixisset, se ex navi proiecit atqve in hostes aqvilam ferre coepit. Tvm nostri cohortati inter se ne tantvm dedecvs admitteretvr vniversi ex navi desilvervnt. Hos item ex proximis [primis] navibvs cvm conspexissent, svbsecvti hostibvs adpropinqvarvnt."

C.IVL.CAESAR COS.
    "COMMENTARII DE BELLO GALLICO" -Liber IV, XXV.

On the subject of historical ancilliaries: Is it possible to make sure that the text boxes dont disappear off screen. I had one with quite a bit of text, though by no means a whole screens height. His description however insisted on disappearing off the top of the screen, and no amount of scrolling the general's traits up and down would shift it so that it all appeared. Very frustrating as I love reading these little titbits. It is one of the many, many things that makes EB so special.

[QUOTE=C.LVCIANVSI thought that the massilian hoplite icon wasn't in 0.8, like the mercenary lucanian infantry for example...
    But if EB uses the hypaspistai units texture to cover massilian hoplites on battle screen... Every battle concerning a unit of massilian hoplites in the game will crash???

I'll try massilians in a custom battle, so we'll see...

VALE!

EDIT: Maybe fixed, just look Aymar's post down in massilian hoplites' topic...[/QUOTE]

Well, the unit icon isn't, and apparently the unit texture isn't either...
    - Tellos Athenaios

There is something wrong here...
    That's right, the palace entrance in in an alley.

(In case you didn't look at the picture, it is a flying building.)

Blog Entries

Another few oddities I discovered in my ongoing Makedonian campaign.

The Illyrian levy spearmen (Epiros-skin, at least) have a strange black clamp around their neck.

When I took Rhodos, the KH type II governement wasn't damaged. Incidentally, is there a trait for tearing down the Collosus as Makedon? It would seem logical, as it is a symbol for Greek defiance, but I haven't heard of it yet.

Lastly, the quote of Archimedes saying "Give me a place to stand and I will move the world" also includes a row of question marks.

cant find texture
    eb/data/models_unit/textures/ebofficer_SoR_Hel_standard.mak.tga

yet in the model_battle folder I cannot find even a reference to this file.

Hey!!!

The horse archers idle animation is messed up. When they`re idle, they keep a hand on their arrows, and their bow ready to fire, which is incoherent in the "resting" or "idle" stance.

Cheers!!!

Okay, here's something strange, the crest on the horses of Hellenic Cataphracts and companion calvary dont seem to work properly at higher settings. I've installed EB on two different computers with two different graphics cards with the same results...

graphics set to low....

graphics set to high...

Last edited by JeffSteel; 01-18-2007 at 14:46.

Not really a bug, but its sort of weird though.

5 different nationalities in one rebellling (now former roman) city. I wonder who started the rebellion.

Last edited by Oleo; 01-19-2007 at 17:18.
    EB member

The horse archers idle animation is messed up. When they`re idle, they keep a hand on their arrows, and their bow ready to fire, which is incoherent in the "resting" or "idle" stance.
    afaik intended

Where is my custom avatar? Member Lord Gruffles's Avatar

Hmmmm.

Not sure if this is a EB or RTW bug. No big deal as I have a force large enough to squash them. But man, I'm glad that wasn't a full stack of KH Klingons using that old invisible cloaking trick on me.

~Gruffles

Blog Entries

Yet more bugs:

Playing as Makedon, half of my most important general have either the Mishellen or "Philhellene" trait.

Just south of the bridge north of Kallatis is a bit of unpassable ground on the campaign map.

The mines in Sedike (which are either present at the start of built by the Eleutheroi) had as description: "Should not be visible - please report this error".

The highest level of the temple of Hera gives +2 morale and +25% to public order, making it a better choice than the highest level of the temple of Ares (+2/+20%).

Also, why can't I recruit anything but psiloi and hoplites haploi in Sparte? I've got a type II governement and am constructing a level III faction MIC, but teching up sparta for it's soldiers seems rather pointless now. Or should I have built a type IV governement and the regional MIC?
    Last edited by Ludens; 01-27-2007 at 22:56.

Default Floating shields

"Nous laisserons ce monde-ci aussi sot et aussi méchant que nous l'avons trouvé en y arrivant."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12