Thread: Forth Eorlingas Announced! (Expansion To Corsair Invasion)

Default Forth Eorlingas Announced! (Expansion To Corsair Invasion)

The Fourth Age: Total War Development Team presents:

'The Fourth Age: Total War - Forth Eorlingas'

"Excellent work on the release, the quality is outstanding, amongst the finest mods i've ever played." - VariagChief

The FATW Team are pleased to announce our new project, an expansion pack for ‘Corsair Invasion’ called ‘Forth Eorlingas’. In ‘Forth Eorlingas’ you will be able to play as two new factions, The Kingdom of Rohan and The Chiefdom of Dunland, on a map that has been expanded north and west (now incorporating roughly half of western Middle-earth). The three CI factions will of course also be playable (The Reunited Kingdom, The Empire of Harad, and The Chiefdom of Rhûn). In addition to this, FE will include a surprise that we are sure is going to please our more evil fans.

We will not state a release date for FE, but rest assured that we are working as hard and fast as we can, and that good progress is being made. The whole FATW Team would like to thank everyone who downloaded 'Corsair Invasion' (get it here - around 12 000 have done so already!), played it, and offered us feedback and constructive criticism - it has been said before, but it is worth saying again: such feedback is vital to us in the development of the mod. We hope you will find this expansion a fun, immersive, and rewarding experience. Forth Eorlingas!!

"I've been playing FA for about a week now and I absolutly love it. I think you guys have done an amazing job." - tyk216

Forth Eorlingas will include:
    • Two new factions playable in the campaign: The Kingdom of Rohan, and The Chiefdom of Dunland, in addition to The Reunited Kingdom, The Empire of Harad, and The Chiefdom of Rhûn.
    • An expanded map from that seen in Corsair Invasion. The map now incorporates roughly half of western Middle-earth, including the regions of Minhiriath, Enedhwaith, Dunland, Drúwaith Iaur (Old Púkel-land), Rohan, the Brown Lands, Emyn Muil, Dagorlad, southern Wilderland, and the areas just south of the Sea of Rhûn.
    • About 20 completely new units (bringing the total to over 100).
    • Over 100 new ancillaries (for a total of 320), and 75 new traits (175 total). Many tweaks to the triggers and effects of current traits and ancs requested by the community; this includes many new ancillary images.
    • Two new Unique Cities: Helm’s Deep and Edoras. New Wonders & Landmarks: The Treegarth of Orthanc, the Argonath, Amon Hen & Lhaw, and Ruined Forts. Also, two new resources: sheep and gemstones.
    • Completely new tech. trees for Rohan and Dunland.
    • All new music for Rohan and Dunland, composed by our very own Jonas 'Cronus' Fancony.
    • New interfaces for Rohan and Dunland/Rhûn.
    • A (nasty) surprise.
    • And much, much more...

Last edited by Apoc; 12-02-2006 at 00:29.

Marcus Arbaces Alexandros Member Arbaces's Avatar

Default Re: Forth Eorlingas Announced! (Expansion To Corsair Invasion)

Oh... Great wallpapers, I'm not sure what to choose best for my desktop...

Sorry, gotta go, I've gained a great mood for CI right now...

Arbaces.

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

Ooh..be careful. It might ensnare you. You may lose your will and your mind be overthrown...
    Last edited by Dol Guldur; 12-02-2006 at 01:15.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

nice... May I recommend having a topic for peple to contribute their ideas for the name. Like say if the elves are included then, The swords of silvans..

OK that's crap
    RTR forums: mercman
    TWcenter: angmar_nite
    SCC: king henry

People may contribute their ideas for any future expansions, yes, though the full campaign will be named 'The New Shadow'; hmm, 'Orkish Infestation' anyone?*

*Note that no such expansion is planned.

how about lord of the rings, a new hope.

wait, wrong movie.