Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0.8 Building Description and Text Errors/Edits

Default Re: 0.8 Building Description and Text Errors/Edits

Nomadism Error. You should not be seeing this error, go report it. This building is in Bin-kath.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gazius
    Nomadism Error. You should not be seeing this error, go report it. This building is in Bin-kath.
    Confirmed

Saka Rauka: Hunting Grounds

"Hunting has always been played a key role in the life of nomads"

This sentence makes no sense, the Been must be removed.

Also in teh last line it says "of" instead of "off"

Note: All corrections entered in - Teleklos
    Last edited by Teleklos Archelaou; 05-31-2007 at 22:30.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Thanks again for the help guys - we really did not try to mess with export_buildings.txt for 0.81, so when it comes out please don't be upset if all these changes didn't make it in. They definitely will get in, but 0.81 was not designed for that originally, and although creep has occurred, most of this will be in our next update instead. Your posts have been greatly appreciated for sure.

Playing as Sweboz, the Grain Silo description reads "This should not be visible. Please report this error." or something along those lines.

Lusotannan - Orb's spellchecking

Treonos Dagda =

"Dagda, like in other parts of the Pan-Celtic world..." - not sure if it's an actual error, but it's more usual to use 'as' instead of 'like' in this context.
    "He is the creator of the world, which he shapped with his warhammer and poured out everything from it's cup."

Should be "shaped", not "shapped", and the "it's" is probably meant to be "his" (even if not, then the "it's" shouldn't have an apostrophe.)
    "It's name means literally, Good God." - again, probably should be "his name", and if not, shouldn't have the apostrophe.

Fanum Vacuuum Endovelicus

"he was a healing god, a protectector and simultaneously an underworld deity, from where he seemed to get his knowledge from."

Should be "protector", not "protectector", and the last section should be altered to: "and simultaneously a deity of the underworld, from where he seemed to get his knowledge."

"He seems to have been responsible for the protection of cities or regions it seems people or priests sleeping in his temple, after some rights..."

Should be: "regions; it". If you want to remove the repetition of "seems", which is used a lot in the description, then you could replace the "it seems" with "apparently" or "allegedly" or something of that kind.

"were visited by the god in their dreams, who gave them advice or insight into their future."
    This probably ought to be "advice or insights about their future".

"This sugests the use of hallucinogenic substances in the religious habits of the Lusitanians."
    "suggests", not "sugests" and habits should be replaced by either "rites" or "practices".

"It was worshipped". I think it should be "he was worshipped". "all different social stratus". Should either be "status" or "strata". Also, I would probably use "widely varying" (if it's meant to be 'status') instead of "all different".

"indigenous, slaves, eastern populations and the rulling classes which might have helped..."

"indigenous people", rather than just "indigenous". Who are the 'eastern populations', does this mean east of the Guadiana or eastern as in 'from the middle/far east'?. Also, should be "ruling" rather than "rulling" and the "classes which" needs a comma ("classes, which").

More to follow

Note: All corrections entered in - Teleklos
    Last edited by Teleklos Archelaou; 05-31-2007 at 22:29.

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Roman Metalla (Mines) read: Where is the Roman Mines description?!? Where is the Roman Mines description?!? Where is the Roman Mines description?!? Where is the Roman Mines description?!?

Roman Magni Mvri Lapidei:
    - Vitrvvivs is misspelled as Vitrvius (the first line)
    - Campus Martius typo (Campus Maritus)
    - constuction instead of construction (somewhere in the middle of the description)

Romani:

Both the Romani Paved Roads and Highways are described as being 6m wide, even though it says Highways are twice the size of Paved Roads!

No desc. for Grant of Land

"Roman" has a capital "R" (applies to many of the things)

The Villae Rusticae desc. is just full of typos

When a Navalia Magna is built in the same turn as at least one other building, the message you get involves something along the lines of, "we are now able to BUILT better ships" - obviously, the verb is "to build".

Saba:

No desc. for Market

Carthage:

The Pillars of Herakles simultaneously give a +5% Happiness Bonus and a -5% Happiness Bonus!

I'll post more when I find them.
    Last edited by I Am Herenow; 05-06-2007 at 07:16.

I'm playing Armenia. They need the sewers to build their hospitals buildings, but they can't build the sewers. As a result their population growth is stunned, very hard to reach city level 3.

This must be already known: Armenia among a bunch of other factions have trade fleet 4 ports cost at 35000$ and 36 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by 140
    This must be already known: Armenia among a bunch of other factions have trade fleet 4 ports cost at 35000$ and 36 turns.
    This isn't actually a proper port. If you read the description you will see that it says that this is for places that don't have natural harbours large enough to hold a larger port, so the building represents not only the building of the port, but also the extensive work in building an artificial harbour by ancient methods. It ain't no sim city, y'know

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

All level 5 MICs for Romans and Greeks say it takes only 1 turn to build at 15000 mnai when you hover over the building in the construction scroll, but when you rghtclick to call out the historical write-up scroll the hourglass in the upper right corner states it takes 15 turns to build. Some conflict there.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    All level 5 MICs for Romans and Greeks say it takes only 1 turn to build at 15000 mnai when you hover over the building in the construction scroll, but when you rghtclick to call out the historical write-up scroll the hourglass in the upper right corner states it takes 15 turns to build. Some conflict there.
    Have you been using the "process_cq" cheat?

Marcus, are the Yuezhi going to be a new faction for EB2? Or is that one of the factions that got scrapped from EB1 early on? Or both?? :O

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow
    Marcus, are the Yuezhi going to be a new faction for EB2? Or is that one of the factions that got scrapped from EB1 early on? Or both?? :O
    The Yuezhi were in EB v0.7x, but were removed and replaced with the Sakae. They were removed because they didn't enter the area of the EB map until some time later and therefore weren't historically accurate for the time frame. They won't be a faction again in the future, but they are not entirely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Have you been using the "process_cq" cheat?
    Uh-uh. I haven't actually built it or caused it to be built. I was just taking a look to see how long it took to build, and the scrolls didn't agree on how long it took. Unless you mean had I been using process_cq elsewhere, then yes, I have, to advance MICs in newly conquered provinces just to see what they could build before reloading and continuing the campaign.

Does this clarify things somewhat?

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi
    Uh-uh. I haven't actually built it or caused it to be built. I was just taking a look to see how long it took to build, and the scrolls didn't agree on how long it took. Unless you mean had I been using process_cq elsewhere, then yes, I have, to advance MICs in newly conquered provinces just to see what they could build before reloading and continuing the campaign.

Does this clarify things somewhat?
    I just asked, because using the "process_cq" cheat will cause all buildings to say that they take 1 turn to build until you leave the window or add the building to the queue. If it says it takes 1 turn and you haven't used the "process_cq" cheat for a while then I don't know what is causing it and have never seen it before.

Found this building in a Sweboz city, playing as Romani:

Veni
    Vidi
    Velcro

Whoa, the Lusotanns actually moved in your campaign - in mine, they just sat there.

Anyway, I found a similar thing in Tuat with "VICTORY (Western Greek)" and the same desc. - according to Bovi, it was fine, although he was surprised that thing wasn't in Terhazza (the unconquerable province right in the bottom-left corner of the screen).

I think this is a genuine bug.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Hehe sorry!

BTW it is of course with EB 0.81a v2. I checked several other Sweboz cities, didnt find it anywhere else. The building is still visible in that city several turns later.

Oh and the Lusotannan would have spread much further if I hadn't taken it on me to royally kick their behinds and giving 4 of the 5 conquered cities to my loyal but inept allies the Aedui. They promtly lost them right back to the Lusotannan and managed to get into a war with the Sweboz as well...
    Veni
    Vidi
    Velcro

lol stupid Aedui

With my Romani campaign, I was allied with Aedui and not at war with any northern European factions, but at war with Carthage. The Aedui and Averni were grinding each other quite nicely, no major gains or losses; Lusotann and Casse were just sitting there, and Sweboz only expanding into Eleutheroi territory when I stopped playing (about 240 BC). It was great for me, as I could expand into Eleutheroi Europe as far as I wanted, and then just stop and sit there, letting Celts grind each other, whilst I was away killing Carthaginians.

But I stopped the campaign once I saw the May preview - thought I might as well wait for the next build - and I was still Camillan, so it was early days.

I suppose each faction's behaviour is different every time.

Some of these undoubtedly have been reported.

* Gebel Barkal in Meroe reads in its description

The Napatan pyramids do not house their deceased kings, but instead are commemorative monuments to the deceased who are buryed in hypogea underneath.

Should be 'buried.'

*Standing Stones of Zorakarer in Phraapsa need a description. Probably superfluous for me to report.

* Pillar of Herakles in Gader (probably reported) has a positive and negative happiness bonus in its description.

* 2 entries for the Heliopolis in Antiocheia and Sidon.

* Bocchoris, the Cyclopean Monuments of the Baleares has several spelling mistakes (benefited and rlations in the last sentence of the description).

* If I am not mistaken the MIC4 of the Romans contains 'u's in the name. Should those not be 'v's??

* Typo in the description of the Mega Asklepieion: fourth line has Asklepeios, although the English building name is Large Sanctuary of Asklepieos.

*The Sweboz Wegaz have as translation "Ways." This probably should be roads. (they function as roads function for other factions.

*Ka'bah has in its description, in the last paragraph: "The existence of the Kah'bah ...Inconsistent spelling.

Alexandreia-Eschate has a temple that is of the Seleukid persuasion (Sacred Enclosure of Atargatis). This may seriously affect AI, as it is not upgradable by Baktrian standards.

Highest-level Casse mercantile port gives a "This should not be visible. Please report this error." Not at my personal PC so I forget the exact name of the building.
    ...et Boston delenda est.

There are many missing descriptions or weird placeholder descriptions in 081. There was a good deal of effort put into finding and fixing these. They should all have been found and nearly all have been added or fixed already.

Rog. Didn't see it previously in the thread, so... ::shrugs:: Duly noted though.
    ...et Boston delenda est.

Not that we don't appreciate bug reports, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12