Thread: Beat those pirates!

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

Default Beat those pirates!

Ah-ha! Got a taste of sweet, sweet vengeance

You all know about the pirate fleets that show up after a while and love nothing more than hunting down helpless transport ships full of your units, right? Those bastards sunk my original fleet which I had used for assaulting Krete (thank the gods of sea that I'd made the transport before the pirates emerged). All of my experienced ships were lost, leaving me fleet-less (save for the transport boat) and basically all my island possessions were on their own. I swore bloody revenge and then I took a long time to secure a good economic base, build up a powerful fleet (DAMN expensive) and then went pirate hunting. I used the transport boat as a bait to lure those sea-wolves to a trap, where my fighting fleet would attack them. A glorious victory and then the pirates were no more

Although there are still plenty of pirate fleets around, they better watch out because I will give them no mercy. The seas will be mine!

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

Default Re: Beat those pirates!

Nice move.