Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rule of the Arvern.

Member Member Roderick Ponce Von Fontlebottom's Avatar
    Born in London, England. Now live in The best country ever. America.

Default Re: Rule of the Arvern.

Great AAR dude , one question though, what do you use to post you're pics. Im still unsure about it.
    Best RPG: Chrono Trigger

Member Member Roderick Ponce Von Fontlebottom's Avatar
    Born in London, England. Now live in The best country ever. America.

WHOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOWHOOOOOO, 101 hard thought out posts! YAAA
    Best RPG: Chrono Trigger

I use imageshack, it's free and easy to use.

*gasps* This is unheard of! (at least by me) The Aedui allied themselves with the Romani, the Romani gave them a new province. I thought, whatever. But now that they had two provinces they slowly expanded again. Now the Romani are slowly expanding northward, and every province they gain, they give to the Aedui. Perhaps a second Gaulish war will occur soon! Has anyone seen the AI helping there allies like this before?

Have been trying to get around a CTD that comes either at the start of the game, or at the Casse-turn, or at the Eleutheroi-turn.. If I can't get around it it might mean the end of this AAR.

When I started it again, just a moment ago, it said this:

might mean trouble..

error in: eb/data/export_descr_buildings.txt
    line 13414, column 53: celtic infantry aljaxgae

EDIT: Just looked it up, seems it's a file about aljazgae and this is the only mention of aljaxae. Might have gone corrupt.. Going to try what happens if I change it to a z..

EDIT2: Didn't work.. Now it says somthing with a 'J' is wrong in that same line but now in collumn 212.. Unless anyone knows how to miraculously find a solution, I'll be forced to reinstall the game and give up this AAR..
    Last edited by Aenos; 12-16-2006 at 17:54.

never seen the AI do this, but if it is... good luck

for the CTD make a separete thread on the Bug reporting forum. Dammit, I really wanted to see who this campain would play out

It was quite nice to see the Romani 'use' the Aedui to actually maintain peace in Galatia. They did this by granting their province bordering to Epeiros to the Aedui, great to see the AI do such a thing..

I guess I'll make a thread about it in the bug-report-forum but I think I'll never get past it. Tried quite some things (eventually even completely removing any trace of aljaxgae/aljazgae) but it keeps crashing before the game even starts now (already did this before I removed it by the way) .. Don't think anything will be able to solve this..
    Last edited by Aenos; 12-16-2006 at 23:10.

Maybe you could save this AAR by moving your save file into a seperate folder, then when you reinstall just move it back into your saved games folder.

Hadn't thought of that yet, thank you for the advice.

EDIT: Have moved the saves and will now reinstall.
    Last edited by Aenos; 12-17-2006 at 09:43.

It works again!
    Sadly a few turns from when it crashed but that doesn't matter, now I hope it won't crash again in the way it did before the constant CTD occured..

Going to the land where men walk without footprints.

Hope you'll continue your AAR soon. I started an Arverni campaign yesterday and though I've managed to conquer 2 rebel settlements and repel the first small Aedui invasions, they're mustering 2 full stacks to attack Gergovia and Viennos. I hope I'll be able to outmanoeuvre them.

Anyway keep up the good work

I'm glad you liked it. However, I'm sorry to dissapoint you, and all other readers.. This is the end..

When I first installed EB0.8 (after playing 0.7 for months) my pc crashed and my harddisk was broken.. Now I had a damn crash (which had to do with the harddisk) that resulted in the request for help (look in my previous posts in this thread). Today I uninstalled EB and the errors (yes there was more then one.. ) were gone! However, now that I've reinstalled it and have had it for a few hours, the errors are back.. I love EB and will sorely miss it's unmatched historical accuracy, gameplay, traits system, factions, this AAR, etc.. But I can and will not risk my pc any longer.. I've just de-installed the game (except for the saves) and won't reinstall it until I've narrowed the problem down to it's exact cause..

I'm sorry, but I hope you understand why I can't continue the AAR for now..

Hopefully when the .81 patch comes out u can play EB.

Hopefully, aye. Perhaps it will solve the thing that keeps clashing with my system.. Ah well.

Hello again, I'm back. Downloaded EB a few days ago and it seems my computer is able to handle it again.

Even though I have very little time these days I liked writing this (and my first) AAR and am thinking of making a new one. (this time I hope it will actually survive the first 15 years..) However, I don't know which faction to play as. Any suggestions? The only things I know for sure is it'll be a Western Faction (=Europe from Britain to Greece).

Quote Originally Posted by Aenos
    Hello again, I'm back. Downloaded EB a few days ago and it seems my computer is able to handle it again.

Even though I have very little time these days I liked writing this (and my first) AAR and am thinking of making a new one. (this time I hope it will actually survive the first 15 years..) However, I don't know which faction to play as. Any suggestions? The only things I know for sure is it'll be a Western Faction (=Europe from Britain to Greece).
    Lustonann, Baktria, or KH,
    I say Koinion Hellenon because the only AAR's for them are just "faction progression" ones not real AAR's
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Hmm, my thoughts were slightly going for the Karthadastim since my first ''AAR'' (which ended prematurely) was with them and they're a nice faction to play as.

Lusotannan? Hmm, have never played with an Iberian faction for more than 2 years yet, might be interesting to try it out. And yet.. I'm not to sure about them..

Baktria, eh? For some reason they appear to be popular and for some reason I've never even started a campaign with them. Won't the fact they have so many mines make them easy? Also they're an eastern faction (geographicly I mean) and I've never really liked them..

The Koinon Hellenon, I've played a few short campaigns with them, the only thing that might be hard for an AAR with them would be the government. But it could lead to interesting situations.

Any other suggestions/comments?
    Last edited by Aenos; 01-16-2007 at 22:15.

I say go for Epeiros. They're fun, can be hard, and have a great story from the go.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

Epeiros, same story as Baktria, appears to be a popular faction yet I, for some reason, chose to never play as them. What are they like?

Getai
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Quote Originally Posted by Aenos
    Epeiros, same story as Baktria, appears to be a popular faction yet I, for some reason, chose to never play as them. What are they like?
    In my opinion its funner to go against them(with the elephants and the free money)
    Because they go into the red(which can be interesting for an AAR, but isn't the funnest thing ever), they get money from the elephants, which you would *need* to get rid of in a campaign.

Lustonann has a nearly complete Unit list, they say they aren't fully complete, but are much more complete than Saba and Saka.
    I haven't seen any people playing with them, if you want, you can play as them in a short campaign before you actually choose what faction, mainly to see if they are complete enough for an AAR
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

what a pity you cant continue this, it was the first EB arverni aar from what i recall... and yes gauls in EB have a very special appeal, and those gallic generals are simply wonderfull...

regarding a new faction to chose, i say lusotann could be a bit early to try as an aar, cause you will miss the complete features that have the gauls (lusotann still miss somethink... generals, some units etc.)
    I say Cartage could be ok too, i had a great fun playing with them... and there is the same feel of completness...
    salut!

I still have the saves on a seperated memory, but I won't risk putting them in again since I'm still at loss as to what lead to the fatal errors on my former computers..

I guess thank you for all the replies, but it's not really helping. Nearly all of you suggest a different faction. *grins* Yet, it's fun to read the replies and have a little talk about it.

I've slowly began to write and I chose the Getai. Never played as them before and since the AI hardly expands with them I never fought against the either. Hope to write at least one update this weekend, perhaps more but school's taking up a lot of time as well.

Hurra for the Getai! They have some really badass infantry and missiles.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12