Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maintaining Royal Bloodline and Family Tree

Default Re: Maintaining Royal Bloodline and Family Tree

'Hannibal had been the victor at Cannae, and as if the Romans had good cause to boast that you have only strength enough for one blow, and that like a bee that has left its sting you are now inert and powerless.'

Crusader Kings has this programed into the game PERFECTLY- including many other sallic and other laws... you can select what you want for your dynasty.

It is MUCH betetr that way- CA should expose the code for this so we can simply mod it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dearmad
    Crusader Kings has this programed into the game PERFECTLY- including many other sallic and other laws... you can select what you want for your dynasty.

It is MUCH betetr that way- CA should expose the code for this so we can simply mod it.
    yes, but you would think for a king to change the system in the land would cause many nobles angry, expecting their birth rights as the first born. if someone decides to mod that into mod the game, they should also consider the kind unrest it will create. but then that would be too complicated for the game engine I think. for certain, it wasn't something done out of a king's whim just so that he can have a certain male child be his heir, for the consequences would outweigh it.
    'Hannibal had been the victor at Cannae, and as if the Romans had good cause to boast that you have only strength enough for one blow, and that like a bee that has left its sting you are now inert and powerless.'

Quote Originally Posted by BeeSting
    yes, but you would think for a king to change the system in the land would cause many nobles angry, expecting their birth rights as the first born. if someone decides to mod that into mod the game, they should also consider the kind unrest it will create. but then that would be too complicated for the game engine I think. for certain, it wasn't something done out of a king's whim just so that he can have a certain male child be his heir, for the consequences would outweigh it.
    And that is exactly what happens in crusader kings... what's your point?

But you're also wrong- in the Kingdom/Emperire of the Byzantines selction of the heir was regular and it didn't follow any set rule. In Spain (Castilel) there was no following of the oldest king's son inheriting... it was often his brother and others.. the eldest male child inheriting is rarer than you think when you actually research how it worked- it's a relatively late thing, and a western versus eastern europe thing.

I'm not a big fan of CK but it did do some things right that are simply FUBAR in M2TW. Like having MANY different types of inheritance laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Dearmad
    And that is exactly what happens in crusader kings... what's your point?

But you're also wrong- in the Kingdom/Emperire of the Byzantines selction of the heir was regular and it didn't follow any set rule. In Spain (Castilel) there was no following of the oldest king's son inheriting... it was often his brother and others.. the eldest male child inheriting is rarer than you think when you actually research how it worked- it's a relatively late thing, and a western versus eastern europe thing.

I'm not a big fan of CK but it did do some things right that are simply FUBAR in M2TW. Like having MANY different types of inheritance laws.
    Ah, ok... so the game is pretty realistic. apologies...

Default Family Tree Bug: the tree disappeared with foreign son as my king

1C.) Only your ruling king (at the time of birth) and current faction heir (at the coming of age time) will produce character princesses you can control.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH - so *that's* why I couldn't find princesses on the map while my family tree worked.

While it worked.

I'm playing as Spain and had one of my princesses marry a Milanese prince who, to my surprise, ended up as the faction heir - Prince Giorgio.

I didn't see him on the family tree, though, which confused me.

Shortly afterwards, he became King Giorgio.

Now when I open up my family tree, *it's all gone!*

You only see who I presume are Giorgio's Milanese father and mother, dead already too IIRC.

WTF? Where's the Spanish Royal Family?

Next step is to find out what happens when Giorgio passes on - will the family tree 'fix itself'? Will the game crash?

The game world is big now - about 30 territories and a whack of generals - so I haven't taken the time to scan through all the generals to figure out which one is the new heir apparent (if any) - so I think I'll just play through to see what happens.

Has anyone seen this before?
    "If I've learned anything from Swordfish, it's that 9 monitors is the way to go.

And that object oriented programming involves hooking together lego blocks of code."

well my family tree's screwed up now.

I have married princesses to foreign generals, and the princess has disappeared off the family tree, and in no case have they had children although most of my generals descend from an adoption one of them made. One general, a Venetian, became heir then faction leader. At which point my family tree showed just a Venetian couple, who I assumed must be my leader's parents. After his death, for the 4 Kings I have had since, the family still shows that couple and no more.

Hey ginger - sounds like you experienced the exact same thing I have. Oh good, so I'm not alone.

But this means it's a definite bug!
    "If I've learned anything from Swordfish, it's that 9 monitors is the way to go.

And that object oriented programming involves hooking together lego blocks of code."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12