Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle Ages: Interactive

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Middle Ages: Interactive

Message from his most Holy Pope Silvester II to Robert the Second of France:

My sons in France, the Pope accepts with great joy your bequeath of estates. It is truly a great thing to see that the Holy Spirit still imbues so many men on God's great Earth. The Lord appreciates this gesture and you have earned a special place next to Him.

OOC: Once the Pope Dies, I will post it here. Here is the full list of Popes in this time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_AD_1000-1249
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Thankyou great leader we hope to serve you well.

Message from the most Holy pope Silvester II to all Catholic peoples:

My firends in God, a viscious plague is infesting God's green Earth! The Moors! These people are an abomination in his eyes, and they spread the most foul word of their religion, saying that ours is not the true Lord! This slight upon the name on all that is Holy shall not go unpunished! We urge all good Catholics to lend as much aid as possible to the glorious Kingdom of Spain in their most Holy work in ridding Europe of these most foul peoples. Also, much work should be done to spread the true faith, so send your most pious of men into the Moorish lands to preach the word of our Lord.

Yours in Faith, Pope Silvester II
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

We,Kingdom of France,offer all avabile troops to rid Spain of its pain. But France has one question Great one, are you calling for a crusade? If the Moors do not leave Spainwithin 6 months, the Moors will feel the wrath of Europe!!
    Last edited by Warluster; 12-15-2006 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster
    We,Kingdom of France,offer all avabile troops to rid Spain of its pain. But France has one question Great one, are you calling for a crusade? If the Moors do not leave Spainwithin 6 months, the Moors will feel the wrath of Europe!!
    No my Son, God teaches the way of peace. However, it is as you say. If in 6 months they are not rid of these lands, then the Swords of War will plunge into their so-called Kingdom!

OOC: Each of my Popes are going to have a different character... should make it interesting. I can't wait for the crazy warmongerer!

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Motep dra Uha Dnia Mazzat
    To my neighbors the north, I would like to propose an alliance. A war with our people would be futil at the moment.
    We will accept this proposal.

To Hannibal99: could you please change my faction to the Khitan Empire? They're the ones in control of Mongolia in this time period, and the most powerful neighbour of the Chinese (Song Dynasty). Also while I'm obviously not invading China, I don't like the option of doing nothing either. I will send envoys to the west (central Asian steppes) and demand that the local Khans pay tribute to me.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

I will move toward westward. Behind the wastes of the deserts, there is much good land to be held. So long as we do not make the mistakes that the huns made oh so long ago, our empire may become great!

To the Khitan Empire: I hope that we may find your backing upon this proposal. You, naturally, will recieve half of the lands gained in the conquest.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

OOC-Hey Motep, do you play china?

yes I do.

OOc-Never Mind, I just read your signature...

IC- To the Empire Of China,

We would like if you could supply maps on your current empire area? If so we could possibly supply you some.

the HRE, Mongolia and China have not given me there choices. If not given in the next week, i will declare the choice "NOTHING"

Come on everyone put in ya choices! I can not wait till the next chapter!

oh...sorry bout that.

Warluster: I have pmed you the maps.
    Last edited by Motep; 12-16-2006 at 05:13.

Ive shortened it down to 1 day to give me those choices.

The choice is in your inbox!!!

i know

It is all the other people Motep, you know, HRE and Mongolia?

Signifer, Cohors II Legio II Member Comrade Alexeo's Avatar

I'm waiting on a response from England (Csar) on something. I'll make my choice as soon as he responds!
    Signifer Titus Vorenus
    Cohors II Legion II
    Triana Fortis

http://www.geocities.com/tuccius2112...ianaindex.html

Elephant Master Member Conqueror's Avatar

PMd you my choise Hannibal.

RTW, 167 BC: Rome expels Greek philosophers after the Lex Fannia law is passed. This bans the effete and nasty Greek practice of 'philosophy' in favour of more manly, properly Roman pursuits that don't involve quite so much thinking.

GRRRRR im tired of waiting, heres the chapter

The Kingdom of England has raised defenses, maybe for attacks by Scotland or attacks by Frenchmen. Whoever it is, they will have to get through these defenses before they reach England. The Seljuk Turks have sent in troops to Egypt, and used hit and run styles to wear out the Egyptian army, more on this later. Byzantium has built forts and castles. The Kingdom of France has decided to build castles on the coasts, in case of (English?) attack. The Song Dynasty and the Khitan Empire has declared an alliance, and China moves their forces westward, and has increased its army recruitment to defend against attack. The Khitan Empire has moved out to unify the warring Mongolian Nomads under them. The Pope has encouraged the Catholic rulers to invade Iberia and expel the Moors, in order to sweep Islam out of Europe. The HRE has done nothing.

Ah...Not to be rude, but do we have decisions?

Well coming from you, the guy who always takes the longest time to put choices, i am making them now.

I guess so

BTW-This Interactive is great!

So is your spam Warluster....

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

The Current leader of Sicily right now is Roger Guiscard, correct?

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Signifer, Cohors II Legio II Member Comrade Alexeo's Avatar

IC:

Reichstag Headquarters
    Frankfurt
    Holy Roman Empire

It had been twenty minutes since the British emissary had been ushered into the small chamber, but he did not get impatient.

Not this time; he'd gone through this before, when he had arrived in Frankfurt in response to the Germans' request for diplomatic discussions, he had sat in a small chamber with naught but the deaf-mute manservant Humphrey to wait upon him.

And here he was yet again, he thought. It was a different chamber, to be sure, branching off the Reichstag's council room instead of the Kaiser's palace - although by appearances one could not know that; the rooms were identical in every way. There was even another deaf-mute manservant there - Hubert this time - standing in the exact same spot Humphrey had in the other room; right by a small table with bread, cheese, and a small pitcher of water.

And, just like last time, Hubert had the uncanny ability to know exactly when the emissary wanted his glass refilled or more bread or cheese on his plate; right as the emissary was about to even think about gesturing, Hubert moved.

Just like last time, this both angered and impressed the emissary - although mostly he was just bored. He mentally went over what King Ethelred had told him...

...and then, from some unknown cue, Hubert moved from the small table and opened the door to the chamber right as a squire who was busy adjusting his tunic walked in.

"Your Eminence, I apologize for the delay," - a blatant lie, as the Germans often observed people in such ways, although the emissary was unaware of this - "but I am here to lead you to the Reichstag's main audience chambers. I trust that Hubert did not cause you any trouble?"

He had received this query in his earlier visit about Humphrey, and once again the emissary sighed to himself, No, of course not. The Germans might be bureaucratic, so level-headed as to appear emotionless, obsessive... yes, they had all these "faults", if you could call them that, but they were certainly respectful of hospitality. The emissary reminded himself of an old court maxim: the Germans are perfect - notoriously so.

The emissary replied in the negative.

"Very good, very good. Now if Your Eminence will please follow me."

They walked down the hallway until they reached the entrance to the audience chambers. Now for the usual diplomatic procedure, the emissary thought, as the squire left him to give his formal introduction.

A pause of a few seconds, and then the Briton walked into the chambers, tall and erect. German horns made a short "taa-taa-TAA" and the Reichstag members stood and bowed their heads.

The emissary did likewise.

He stared straight ahead at the senior body of the Council of Electors - the highest noblemen in the Reich, who would elect the next Kaiser. He saw the Bavarian Baron, Sigmund von Wilhelm, that he had seen before, although of course neither acknowledge each other's presence.

This was the classic "diplomatic pause" of the Reichstag; everyone in the room simply stared at the emissary, and the emissary in turn would either stare straight ahead, unflinching (if he were good at his job), or he would not (if he was poor at it), and thence the discussions would begin from that basis.

Once again, after some silent cue the members of the Reichstag sat down. To the emissary's left was the Secular Bench of the Council of Princes - consisting of other noblemen - and to his right was the Ecclesiastical Bench, consisting of various Bishops and clerics. Seated next to them to finish the "U" shape of the audience chamber were the two Colleges - Swabia and the Rhine - of the Council of Imperial Cities.

Then the Baron Sigmund von Wilhelm opened the negotiations.

OOC:

England and the Holy Roman Empire have declared alliances with one another. They are also planning a future joint campaign against France, although not as of yet; England has insisted that it must fortify itself first, and the Reichstag has decided in turn to simply wait (option 3), although even now Kaiser Otto III and his advisors are discussing various campaign plans.
    Signifer Titus Vorenus
    Cohors II Legion II
    Triana Fortis

http://www.geocities.com/tuccius2112...ianaindex.html

France wil not stand up to this! A joint campaign against France, you will pay! I have the backing of an alliance with the pope! He will not let this stand, you dare declare war, and,and..you will see!

Holy Roman Empire:
    1. Declare war on France
    2. Nothing
    3. Declare war on Poland

France:
    1. Delcare war on the Anglo-German alliance
    2. Call on the Pope to excommunate the Anglo-German alliance for their threats of attacking fellow Catholics

England:
    1. Declare war on Scotland
    2. Declare war on France
    3. Send troops to the HRE navally

Papal States:
    1. Excommunate the Anglo-German alliance for their threats against fellow Catholics
    2. Call crusade against the Moors

Seljuk Turks:
    1. Continue the war in Egypt
    2. Invade Persia
    3. Invade Arabia

Byzantium:
    1. Attack the HRE
    2. Attack the Seljuks

Sicily:
    1. Invade North Africa
    2. Invade Sardinia

China:
    1. Invade Japan
    2. Invade Vietnam

Mongolia
    1. Continue unification
    2. Expand into Siberia

Diplomacy as of 1000 month 1

Byzantium and France are allied
    England and the Holy Roman Empire are allied

Spain is at war with the Moors

France/Byzantium & England/Holy Roman Empire are not on good terms.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast