Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nate's Faction-Specific Guides

Default Re: Nate's Faction-Specific Guides

The Byzantines also get an Archer Militia. Not just the Russians and Egyptians. They are built as the second (I Think) upgrade to city garrison. The progression is Urban Militia, Spear Militia, Better Spears and Archer Militia Then Byzantine Infantry
    Third level garrison building. But the difference is that the Russians and Egyptians get the Archers from their Wall buildings as well... which means, you can build them quite quickly... getting third level garrison buildings takes some time however

---------
    Thanks to everyone who pointed out that the light artillery can damage walls - I'll fix it...

sorry it wasn't more timely, haven't been around here much lately - waiting for the second patch...
    Drink water.

The Byzantines also get a swordman unit at the 4th level Drill Square

I think you also have the Spear Militia confused with the Byzantine Spearman. The progression is Town Militia - Spear Militia - Archer Militia but you have to upgrade your city to reach that third drill square which makes it a long upgrade. The Castle goes peasants, Byzantine Spearmen and the Spearmen with +1 Experience then Dismounted Lancers
    Last edited by Gray Beard; 05-11-2007 at 08:03.
    Gray Beard
    Byzantium, Forever and Ever

Great guide, but the Sicilians get the halberd militia (it is not listed in the guide). A great unit that gives them some of the best militia units pretty early.

re: ribault/rockets against walls
    The opening movie shows the timurids destroying a tower with them.

i usually use a serpentine with efending and basalisk to attack for ovious reasons
    randomness
    aww hell no

Default Re: Nate's Faction-Specific Guides (Naval, Siege)

Quote Originally Posted by katank View Post
    Rockets are truly devastating (better than either ribault). They can work fairly well at long range given some valor. They are also one of the best weapons against Timurid elephants.

Elephant artillery is awesome. Siege that wouldn't slow down an all cav army and also really causes enemy troops to rout in the field. Note: funny to use against Aztecs.

Both those units can be hired as mercs near the areas where the Mongols/Timurids appear late in the game. No faction mods required.

For kicks, I suggest everyone try out the "Elephant Rocketeer" unit. It's a cheat but a total riot to use. They are what happens when you glue a rocket launcher onto an elephant.

create_unit Caen "Elephant Rocketeer" 2 9 3 3

Replace Caen with whatever city you want. 2 is # of units. Feel free to change the number. The other numbers specify full experience and upgrades.
    You can also simply type in "vindaloo" when an army or settlement is selected to get one unit of unupgraded Rocket elephants.

I didn't do this. It were all them Mak lovers wot dun it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12