Thread: Some bugs

EBII Mapper and Animator Member -Praetor-'s Avatar

Default Some bugs

Okey, I would like to help with some bug hunting:

1º As romani, one of my generals got the Africanus nickname, and a trait saying that he must be acclaimed by his troops in order to get a triumph, in addition to some other things.

The catch here, is that some years after he got the trait, his two children got to mature age (with 2 years of interval between them) and both got the same nickname and the same trait, the minute that they reached older age...

Which is obviously a mistake, since those traits shouldn`t be hereditary.

2º Skin problem with the Sotaroas (Celtic archer)

3º Skin problem with the Illyrian spearmen.

4º Animation problem with the thureophoroi and libian spearman, on which they stab their heads with their spears on idle position.

5º Well, the problem with the CTD when you fight on the town on gaul which is situated in modern day bretagne...

6º Problem with the classical hoplite... he has no spear, and fights with sword...

I guess most of those bugs are already sorted out (since they are the most notorious), but the first one I guess not.

Cheers!!!

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: Some bugs

Thanks for ze bugs! Keep reporting them even if you think that they might have been already reported. They might not have been.

EB Traitor Member BozosLiveHere's Avatar

The Africanus epithet being hereditary is a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by BozosLiveHere
    The Africanus epithet being hereditary is a feature.
    It is????????????

Okey... I absloutely didn`t knew that...

But what I do know, is that the triumph in ancient Rome was personal, and IIRC, nobody was awarded a triumph because his father did.

So... perhaps the nickname was right...

But the trait wasn`t...

Cheers!!!!

It is RTW's system, not ours. We really can't do anything about it without causing other problems. That name thing is just something we have to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    It is RTW's system, not ours. We really can't do anything about it without causing other problems. That name thing is just something we have to live with.
    Damn it... then there`s nothin else it can be done about it.

PS: Ah!! Now I remember another one. As romani, the only places you can build type one governments are in central Italy (Latium, Umbria, Etruria, Campania, Samnium) and Liguria.

That`s fine, no problem so far.

The thing is, even that I builded a type one government in Liguria, I couldn`t build any factional MICs, just the local ones.

That is, I couldn`t train rorarii, accensii, leves, and off course, not hastati, principes.... etc. But since I could build local MIC, I could perfectly train Luogae... and that`s it.

And worst, I can`t build no factional MICs whatsoever in any city that I conquer, no matter the government system that I use (type 2-3-4 doesn`t matter, there`s no factional MIC at all). I can`t build factional MICs in Tarentum, Messana, Alalia, etc. Local MICs seems fine, but factional MICs don`t exist.

What I must say is that the factional MICs that already are built in Latium, Umbria, etc., work fine, and can be upgraded with no problems.

All what I stated above differs substantially with what I could do with the Maks and Koinon Hellenon. With them, I could build factional MICs, in adition to local MICs, in every town that I conquered.

Perhaps, it`s understandable that no factional MICs can be built on tarentum, lilibeo or caralis, prior to marius (because you can`t recruit citizen infantry in places where there aren`t citizens)... but in Liguria??? In descriptions, it specifically states that Liguria was part of the heartland of the Res Publica, and even you can build a homeland government type there...

Now: Is it a feature or a bug?

Cheers!!!

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

I know Africanus, etc are hereditary---but what about "Conquerer of ____"? I have children getting these as soon as they hit maturity now for some reason.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Hmm....I believe they were supposed to inherit only the epithet. I'll take a look at the code, make sure that's how it works for .82.

The 'you can't build factional mics outside the core 5 provinces' isn't a buig either. Maybe we should put it in the FAQ.

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Thanks Bozos, and you're right thats probably a good idea. Say--Have the triggers for Imperator changed in the current build?

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Besides what was needed to avoid the Reinforcement CTD, not really.

Ah!!!

Now I remember another one.

The Carthaginean general bodyguards have a skin problem. Their texture seems all messed up, specially on their back shield.

Cheers!

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso
    Now: Is it a feature or a bug?
    A feature, but we need to update the text to match the effect. Romani are somewhat unique in this regard.

Essentially there are supposed to be six provinces where you can build a Camillan MIC - the five mentioned plus Segesta, but for some reason the building to trigger that was placed in Messana. Our bad - that'll be fixed for the 0.81 patch.

Regardless, Camillan troops only come from those six regions. (This is what needs to be listed in the MIC text.) When Polybian reforms occur, you can construct factional MICs in any Romani region with a Type I government. At that point Liguria should allow you to recruit Polybian troops.