Thread: Two small tweaks for the Getai roster -- DL here!

Marcus Arbaces Alexandros Member Arbaces's Avatar

Default Two small tweaks for the Getai roster -- DL here!

I'm an aged retainer but it's still fun to do small tweaks, at least for EB.

1) Two days ago (*after the first day since I installed EB*) I fixed the mesh "ebunit_SPW_unit_barb_archer_.cas" and made a new unit card for the getae version of it.

2) Today I made a new skin for the getae bodyguard unit, for it had none and was shared with the greek slaves.

http://files.filefront.com/EB_v002zi.../fileinfo.html

I. If you have EB 0,8 clean just unzip everything in the RTW folder (where you have the EXE's).

II. If not the only code change this mod does is in descr_model_battle.txt where
    Code:
    texture				dacia, eb/data/models_unit/textures/ebunit_SPW_greek_xystophoroi_cav_Greek.tga
    is replaced with
    Code:
    texture				dacia, eb/data/models_unit/textures/EBUNIT_SPW_DACIA_XYSTOPHOROI_CAV_GREEK.TGA

I'm posting these without any idea what the EB team did , is doing or plans to do . I have EB 0,8 and those were the only serious problems I found so far with it, I installed it for the first time two days ago. Also I don't know what's the EB team mini-mod policy, if I break any rule making this (reskin + mesh fix) micro mod, please delete the topic.

Perhaps the Getae players will find useful this very small two things..., as well as those who use barbarian archers .

Arbaces.
    Last edited by Arbaces; 01-02-2007 at 14:34.

Marcus Arbaces Alexandros Member Arbaces's Avatar

Default Re: Two small tweaks for the Getai roster -- DL here!

Sorry, the reskin I posted yesterday wasn't as good as I would have wanted and far from EB's standards, that was because of my crappy scale mail, I think it's better now. Sorry for the 5 people who already downloaded these, they can update it the same way as they installed it ;), thanks for interest, if I see other problems I'll fix them, but so far, those were the only problems of EB... I'm a noob here anyway.

Boru aka Arbaces