Thread: take away transoxiana+volga bulgaria and add burgundy+genoa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default take away transoxiana+volga bulgaria and add burgundy+genoa

i have been discussing my point for nearly a month now so i would like to turn it into a thread.

transoxiana and volga-bulgaria are just not that essential to the mod. with both the timurids and mongols spawning why are they needed? what i believe is that burgundy and genoa should be added. This is why:

Burgundy:
    created the first professional army
    halted french expansion during and after the hundred years war(allied with england)
    married into many european royal families thus securing influence
    Duke Charles the Bold was arguably the greatest military leader at the very end of the middle ages. just because he lost many battles doesnt mean he wasnt good, think of Giap in vietnam, and George washington. even frederick the great lost nearly half his engagements.

Genoa:
    only major threat to venician land and naval power up until the ottomans
    created one of the most powerful navies of the time(many admirals of western warfare were genoese mercenaries)
    held territory in crimea,north africa, balkans
    was in hundred years war with venice to secure supremacy of the eastern medittereanean, had they one it would have been the genoese vs the ottomans.

Default Re: take away transoxiana+volga bulgaria and add burgundy+genoa

I agree. I dont think the map needs to go eastwards either really. Its a waste of the newly expanded 31 faction slots to expand the map. With the moddable diplomacy in this game we could have had a really detailed game with lots of kingdoms crowded together and many old favourites and former wishlisters represented but it seems we have to include Persia and all the nomadic empires that wound their way through it.

In the name of the chalice Member mayhem87's Avatar

Yes, its good idea, because the eastern factions have nearly the same type of units.... mounted archer cavalry - so its the same type of gameplay. And I think that most of players will be from Europe. And I dont think so, that they will like too many mongol type States. Timurids are also boring ( but thats only my opinion ). Im glad you added Bohemia and I will also welcome Burgundia, or some more Italic Factions.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem87
    Yes, its good idea, because the eastern factions have nearly the same type of units.... mounted archer cavalry - so its the same type of gameplay. And I think that most of players will be from Europe. And I dont think so, that they will like too many mongol type States. Timurids are also boring ( but thats only my opinion ). Im glad you added Bohemia and I will also welcome Burgundia, or some more Italic Factions.
    i think more european factions are boring because their units and buildings look nearly the same.

It is better to have more asian or near eastern factions. So transoxania and volga bulgaria must be in.

well no one have said that others mod cant be done ( and i will be more than happy to contribute ) and its right that who make the work decide how it have to be done .

i was to be honest fascinated to play with Armenians , Bactrians etc in RTR but there we had many populations overrunned by romans , so having something "far far away " was refreshing .... while here we will have too many interesting things that would be lost like Genoa , Teutonics , Milan , Borgogne , swiss , Lithuania exhanged for exotic even if interesting factions
    ... and ive some doubts about that process .

In the name of the chalice Member mayhem87's Avatar

I think those far eastern factions r refreshing, but 90% of players r from Europe, and they will like see their country added.....
    And about this mod - It will the best mod.... I played RTR and it was amazing, so this ( I hope ) will be the same - I only want to say my opinion to improve this great mod ( thats why these forums r made, r´nt they? ;-)
    And about Burgundia - it begins in 7th century a.d. and last to 15th century i think....so it was important faction, which absolutely deserve to be added. And I will miss it in england-France conflict ;-)