Thread: How do I Join a Crusade?

Default How do I Join a Crusade?

Hey guys I'll be honest I am probably being one of the jerks that comes on the forums just to ask one question when it's probably in the stickies somewhere but if you could just help me out on this Iv'e searched all over google and nothing

How do I join a crusade? I read something about making a donation of 1000 florins or something.

A) How do I join

B) Where do I create the units

C) I can create any units?

D) Anything else helpful in knowing how to do it

Thanks!!

AIM - Novak921

Default Re: How do I Join a Crusade?

How to join:

edit: this is assuming the pope has called a crusade. I believe you can request him to do so - not sure, I've only played Muslim factions thus far.

1) Get a stack of units. I think the minimum is 10 units.

2) Put a family member in charge of that stack.

3) Select the stack. On the bottom left corner of the family member's info screen, you'll see a small cross (or a crescent moon for Jihads if you're Muslim.) Click this cross, and your army joins the crusade.

4) I believe the crusade-specific units are added to your stack automatically. But do keep in mind that you'll face desertion if you're on a crusade (Jihads do not have desertion) so most of the time you won't make it to your destination with all your units. Wouldn't recommend sending your best units.

Chillin with my unit of clibanarii immortals

Quote Originally Posted by Novak
    Hey guys I'll be honest I am probably being one of the jerks that comes on the forums just to ask one question when it's probably in the stickies somewhere but if you could just help me out on this Iv'e searched all over google and nothing

How do I join a crusade? I read something about making a donation of 1000 florins or something.

A) How do I join

B) Where do I create the units

C) I can create any units?

D) Anything else helpful in knowing how to do it

Thanks!!

AIM - Novak921
    A)Get a Force led by a general with 8 or more units in his army. Then hit the Join crusade button at the bottom of the army details scroll.

B)From the place you normal get units

C) well no but you get High quality "Crusader Mercenaries" That cost little to recruit but have a high upkeep

D)If you abandon the crusade many of soldiers will desert. Also moving by boat is an expedient way to get to the crusade target

awesome fast response and quality answer, thanks guy appreciate it

small precision:
    The units you recruits are mercenaries; dont try to recruit crusaders in one of your cities.

the units you can recruit have an extremely low price (lower then 100 florins), but their upkeep is the same as their non-crusade equivalent (if there is one).

cool I got it thanks guys lots of help