Thread: add burgundy and genoa

Default add burgundy and genoa

ive received advice to argue for burgundy and genoa here so please see my reasons to add them.
    if anyone wants to see my full arguement for burgundy and genoa its in the mtr thread take away transoxiana+volga bulgaria and add burgundy+genoa

just to be brief on why:

burgundy:
    stopped french from expanding into germany after they won the hundred years war
    created the first FULL professional army
    had an empire stretching from switzerland to the north sea, controlled the low contries and parts of modern-day france,switzerland, and germany

genoa:
    second most powerful and important city in italy throughout the middle ages
    had land in crimea,north africa, and the balkans
    created one of the mediterreaneans most powerful navies.

Default Re: add burgundy and genoa

I'd acctually say that given their goal of creating the world as it was at the start date that Pisa might be a better choice than Genoa. Genoa didn't really rise to dominate north-west Italy until after it had beaten Pisa. Pisa owned Corsica, Sardinia, a fair stretch of the Tuscan coast, and was almost as rich as Venice. Infact it had only recently by this point been overtaken as the dominant (autonimous at least) city of Northern Italy by Venice. The only problem being that it was still, like Genoa, essentially part of the Kingdom of Italy (and thereby owed allegiance, officially at least, to the Emperor). I'd agree, however, that if they aim to make the factions all-sweeping of the Middle Ages that Genoa would be a better choice. The same applies to Burgundy. If they want to make the situation accurate to their start date it shouldn't really be added (no more than Bavaria, Swabia, or any other of the Duchies). Otherwise it might be a good plan to include them.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

Well, as we already said, we'll reveal the full list very soon. Except for one slot - that we wanted to be a public vote to let people choose between three different additionnal gameplays - the definitive list already has been decided weeks ago. All I can say is that we have two north italian factions.

The Anno Domini MXVI team is looking for members. Visit our forums.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

Yeah. Just wait and see what Solo has to offer before these posts, and remember this when voting on what faction you want included laer on.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

i really like the idea of voting in a faction! i think im liking this mod better every day
    im also glad theres 2 north italian factions.

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Closing, please read stickied thread on subject of requesting factions, thank you.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata