Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII
You are correct about italian cities,london,paris even for some ex roman cities and forts...Constantinople in 1000ad had 600000 population and it was only one of the huge urban centers throuch out the east...European cities could NOT habidant over 100000 (if you are wright) because they had not what they need to...clean water mainly and health fasilities swers for examble.Exept the italian and the ex roman cities no other european one had such comforts maybe because in the catholicism was blasfime for people to clean them selfs...See the famous renaisance pallaces,they had no toilets...If the royal members were like this imagine the peasantry...When spanish took over Granada they destoyed most of those health fassilities...That was the main deferance between eastmen and westmen...Arabs translate all ancient sripts and continued the roman way of city structhures..,When the crusaders ocupayed Jerusalem massacered almost all the population cristian and muslim and desroyed all it's fasillities because they could NOT oparate them."HISTORY OG BALTWIN"
1. the reinessance palaces didn't have toilets because in this times, the toilet an invention that was not still invented them!
2. I read a book about it and it says that in the 11th century Europe started using advanced medicine, they started building hospital and they were the first ones to do so, in spain there was a medical testing for all the citizens once a month!
3. I also read a book about that and I discoverd that constantinople had 200,000 in the middle ages
4. Paris was one of the most advanced cities in europe, with a wide number of people and public buildings and I am sure that it got 100,000 people in that time