Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Capo de Tutti Capi [Concluded]

Default Re: Capo de Tutti Capi (Sign Up Phase)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit
    Hmm, following Sasaki's lead, perhaps I should change my name to 'myself' for a bit...

CR
    That's better

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Depending on the response rate of the next day or so, I may push the start time for this game a bit forward. After threads in 3 forums and 50 outgoing PM's, I suspect that most of the market has been reached. Sasaki, if you would prefer I not do so in deference to your game, I will comply, just PM me.

Current list of gamers is at the bottom of post #1.

Without 60 players, I will execute the three family version.

Some rules changes will be made. These will be posted prior to you receiving your roles. Sasaki, a version of your suggested change will be included.

Roles will be PM'd and will include instructions to clarify issues raised by some of the questions or reflect some changes being made as I refine the gameplay components.

Thanks.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Seamus, I would suggest getting permission from EB highups to advertise in their forums. EB has a pretty large niche group that usually only looks there (in fact, I browsed EB forums without registering for nearly an year, and even after registering, it was about 3 months before I explored the Org.

You might be able to grab 10 people if lucky...

Hah, I can't wait for this one to start.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

This looks like it'll be a good game, but I just hope everyone participates or atleast most everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

add me .

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Meh I'll join up for this one, seems like half the backroom has done it already. This one will probably end up very, very chaotic though.

I assume that if the Luca dies, the Don can choose a new Luca from the Mades? And that the Don can recruit if he's alone? Just checking some rules.

Mades can inifiltrate other families right? While pretending to be a wise guy/gal?

One murdervote/player? Aka a wise guy/gal can't do a a kill with a townmob while preforming a hit for one or multiple families?
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside
    Meh I'll join up for this one, seems like half the backroom has done it already. This one will probably end up very, very chaotic though.
    I'm pretty good at keeping records in these games, so I think I should have a handle on it, but aside from me....yeah, I think it will be an essay in ambiguity and tension. Since I was hoping for that...

I assume that if the Luca dies, the Don can choose a new Luca from the Mades? And that the Don can recruit if he's alone? Just checking some rules.
    Good points! The Luca should be replaceable, but not simply by selection as it is too powerful a position. I will put something in for that, though.

I hadn't thought about the Don recruiting when solo, but I think that seems reasonable. I will address that as well.

Mades can inifiltrate other families right? While pretending to be a wise guy/gal?
    Of course! We haven't even started and you are already into the spirit of things nicely!

One murdervote/player? Aka a wise guy/gal can't do a a kill with a townmob while preforming a hit for one or multiple families?
    Wow. That was such a basic assumption of mine in putting this together that I never wrote it in. Definitely correct.

Excellent points, sir, and thank you.

Remember to check the revised rules before play. Any other suggestions? Before starting will help far more than later.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

me In! Me In!

Mwhahah I will prove to you all that im just a townie, thats pretending to be the mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

I'll play too
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

I haven't participated in one for some time. I will join this one.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Continuing questions here. Some with more obvious answers, some with less.

Detectives and doctors are permanent townies (wins with a town victory) that cannot murder someone?

Acts as a Townie in other respects
    So we don't get 3 townies and and doctor killing someone. And then ends up as a wise guy/gal doctor .

Can doctors/surgeons save multiple kills on the same person? If they can, how do you take out two (or more) that votes for eachother? I assume that the Luca can save multiple kills on the Don?

3 townies and a wise guy/gal becomes a kill or?

3 townies and a Made becomes a kill or?

1 townie (faking as a Wise guy/gal) and a Made fails or?

2 townies and a wise guy/gal turning to the "light side of the force" make a save or?

Wise guy/gal that have murdered can turn to the "light side of the force" and become a townie?
    If they can, then townies that have killed thier way to wise guy/gal can or cannot go back to townie status?

Wise guy/gal that goes townie shifts status to "innocent" from "criminal" if turning to the "light side of the force"? Do they go to townie by denouncing thier status to you, or only by becoming doctors?

Townies with one kill does still win a townie victory? Criminal (not guilty) wise guys/gals wins a town victory?

Mades loyalties? Can a Made that have infiltrated into another mafia and that's been made into a Made there, win with the new family or is he always an infiltrator?
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

Jeepers, I thought I was confused when I read through the rules but now I'm completely bewildered.

"If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Re: Capo de Tutti Capi (Sign Up Phase)

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost
    Jeepers, I thought I was confused when I read through the rules but now I'm completely bewildered.

Oh, don't you worry. I'll help you out. When in doubt you can send your decisions to me first, and we'll review them together.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Re: Capo de Tutti Capi (Sign Up Phase)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Oh, don't you worry. I'll help you out. When in doubt you can send your decisions to me first, and we'll review them together.
    hehehe

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Re: Capo de Tutti Capi (Sign Up Phase)

Biggest mafia game to date. Hopefully it's a good one.

Detectives and doctors are permanent townies (wins with a town victory) that cannot murder someone?
    A player's role may be changed by their actions, but they cannot have the powers/advantages of both. A townie who has not become another role, or a wise guy who has not ACTED criminally would still count as a "townie" for final victory purposes, they may be tainted, but such is life -- and life is not perfect.

Can doctors/surgeons save multiple kills on the same person?
    Yes. Protection -- by Doctor or by protection team -- functions to defend one single person from any number of attempts that one night. Another individual would have to be protected by a different doctor/protection team. The "results of last night" narrative will keep things clear (hopefully) and preserve continuity.

I assume that the Luca can save multiple kills on the Don?
    Correct.

a = 3 townies and a wise guy/gal becomes a kill or?

b = 3 townies and a Made becomes a kill or?

c = 1 townie (faking as a Wise guy/gal) and a Made fails or?

d = 2 townies and a wise guy/gal turning to the "light side of the force" make a save or?
    In general, all players can function as Townies, but cannot function as other than that unless and until they have shifted to a new role. So:

a = Yes. The Wise Guy can function as a townie and provide the 4th needed to attempt a killing.

b = Yes. Same as a.

c = Yes, this killing attempt would fail.

d = Yes. But only if the Wise Guy had not previously performed a killing.

1 = Wise guy/gal that have murdered can turn to the "light side of the force" and become a townie?

2 = If they can, then townies that have killed thier way to wise guy/gal can or cannot go back to townie status?

3 = Wise guy/gal that goes townie shifts status to "innocent" from "criminal" if turning to the "light side of the force"? Do they go to townie by denouncing thier status to you, or only by becoming doctors?
    Killing is a definite path-chooser as allowing a player to play both ends against the middle is unfair for gaming purposes (though you are free to try to convince anybody of anything). So:

1 = No, you're on a path of crime from then on.

2 = Townies cannot go back either.

3 = Announcing your sought-after status is the wise course (helps me interpret you accurately). They will still register as "criminal" or "unclear" to a made's investigation or as a "criminal" for the detective -- but this is true of a small number of townies anyway.

Mades loyalties? Can a Made that have infiltrated into another mafia and that's been made into a Made there, win with the new family or is he always an infiltrator?
    As long as the new family accepts you, it works for me. Mind you, since dead Dons are part of the other families victory conditions, you may end up getting denounced unless you're very careful. But what is life without risk?

ARG, to heck with it, I'll join, if it ain't too late.

But know this, I am going to Wellington on Friday for a week so I may not be able to post.
    Last edited by Hepcat; 01-15-2007 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat
    ARG, to heck with it, I'll join, if it ain't too late.

But know this, I am going to Wellington on Friday for a week so I may not be able to post.
    You're in. Try to scan/post as much as you can.

Rules/Roles adjusted and clarified to reflect results of thread discussion. Game begins tomorrow c. 1700 EST 1/16/7 with Day One voting for director. Day one voting will be open through 1200 1/17/7, and we will cycle on 1200 EST each day thereafter (my work schedule permitting). Good Luck one and all -- I hope we can make this a blast.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Can I still join. It has been too long I've played.

Seems I've started a trend. :D

I am getting quite giddy with excitement.
    "Once upon a time, on the internet there was a guy, a very deeply flawed man, they called him Eric Bauman..." -www.ebaumsworldsucks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    Seems I've started a trend. :D
    ???

General:

He kindly responded to my PM suggesting that I withdraw his name. I have complied.

Moros:

You have been added, welcome.

Ichigo:

Well, you are one of three name changes on the roster -- the 4th opted out.

I cant wait for this thing to start.I think it will be one paranoid splash of fun.Im turning my invisible mode on now and suggest for other players to do so also.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 01-15-2007 at 23:03.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh

Moros:

You have been added, welcome.
    grazie.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

As I can see through all of your invisibility, I'm going to leave myself visible. It seems only fair.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Quote Originally Posted by Big King Sanctaphrax
    As I can see through all of your invisibility, I'm going to leave myself visible. It seems only fair.
    It's only fair if the other mods do it too. YES I'M TALKING TO YOU SASAKI!!!!

VOTE:SASAKI
    Let the games begin!

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast