Thread: Removing the "anti-blob effect" ?

Default Removing the "anti-blob effect" ?

Hello all.

So far, I've been finding next to none fun in this game, despite the amount of improvements done compared to the previous one. This because of one thing : the "anti-blob effect", that CA put into action, and which destroy mélée and reduce it to a handful of duels while the rest of the unit look blankly at the fights while queuing to takes its turn.
    I wish to remove this anti-blob effect to obtain real close-quarter fighting and furious mélée, and also, if possible, completely remove the horrible two-ways implementation of charge with the insta-death of the whole frontline ine one case (even if there is no horseman close to the guys dieing...) and the "let's slow down and walk to the fight because some guy on the other end of the field encountered an enemy".

I really, really wish to be able to do that.
    Sadly, I'm a bit at a loss about HOW I can do that. So far, I've found how to modify the unit stats, but I don't know how (or even if) I can alter the fighting mechanics.

If someone can help me on this, please, I've only played maybe five time this game since the release because of this new atrocious fighting system, and I really want a new, good, Total War game to spend time on
    If violence didn't solve your problem... well, you just haven't been violent enough.

Default Re: Removing the "anti-blob effect" ?

I'm quite sure that's hardcoded. Unless you feel like hexediting compiled code, I'm afraid you're stuck with what you got.

Oh crap, what a waste -_-
    If violence didn't solve your problem... well, you just haven't been violent enough.

Download DarthMod- Darth's specific focus is on combat and AI tactics.

Compared to the Vanilla CA it is truly superb.

Trust me....

Cheers,
    HDK
    M2TW: DarthMOD Beta-Team Leader! Hella Yeah!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74580

M2TW: MOD - Increased Musket Smoke: version 1.3A
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1119

When you're Good, you're Good; when you're the Best, you're Irish!