Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vote on the final faction

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

Default Re: Vote on the final faction

What's with all these patriots anyway? No country is better than the other and no country has a more special history than the other either. It's a mod for a PC-game, not a history book listing every single nation in Europe, Northern Africa and the more western parts of (central) Asia.
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    If we want to find something interesting, that is interesting for the rest of the world, we prefer to dig in Ireland then in Serbia.
    I really am not the type of guy to bitch and moan because my faction didn't make it. The modders decided and I wish them best of luck. But this comment is really stupid and unneccesary. Would you mind explaining what exactly were you trying to say.

Professional Cynic Member Innocentius's Avatar

Yes, from all I can tell Serbia had more impact on history in general than Ireland (much thanks to Ireland's isolated geographic position). Like Sarmatian I'm not going to whine about it, but I admit that Serbia seems like a lot more interesting faction than Ireland (both historically and gameplay-wise).
    It's not easy being a man, you know. I had to get dressed today... And there are other pressures.

- Dylan Moran

The Play

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian
    Would you mind explaining what exactly were you trying to say.
    Ireland is more interesting, as it's closer related to Holland here, it had almost the same kind of culture

And next to that I wouldn't go digging in Serbia nowadays, I believe there are still minefields

Ireland is more interesting, as it's closer related to Holland here, it had almost the same kind of culture
    ireland and holland? isnt one.....whatever, im not even bothering with this.

Join the ICLADOLLABOJADALLA! Member IrishArmenian's Avatar

No, we are not trying to make you Rums. I don't even believe that is a nationality.
    They called themselves "Rum" because they were close to the Romans, the Byzantines.
    Let's not turn this into a MA-bashing thread.
    You haven't even played the mod.
    This is why some of us were uneasy with giving the public a voice. As soon as that is done, people just start voicing their complaints, taking MA's kindness for granted and blasting MA for every little thing.
    Disappointed? Maybe, but the mod hasn't been released.
    This thread has turned into a nationalist pissing contest. Stop complaining.

"Half of your brain is that of a ten year old and the other half is that of a ten year old that chainsmokes and drinks his liver dead!" --Hagop Beegan

Member Member Boyar Karhunkynsi's Avatar

I like the look of this mod. The modders seem real clued up, too.

I'd also like to say to people who are complaining, saying; "But these guys aren't in there..." or "But we were a kingdom, too!" that you cannot have a perfect game. It's just not possible. Believe it or not, there is a limit to how many factions can exist, that means that some get missed out and/or fictionally assimilated into others. It happens. You can't please everyone. The developers of M2TW didn't have people screaming that at them, and so some of the game is inaccurate.

Get over it. And don't comment on my lack of posts, this is a matter of logic.

Hah.

-Max
    "Our ancestors took this land. They took it and made it and held it. We do not give up what out ancestors gave us. They came across the sea and they fought here and they built here and they're buried here. This is our land mixed with our blood, strengthened with our bone. Ours."

M2TW is too easy; even on VH/VH.
    New Zealand Heathen Pride!
    Blacklodge Brutal

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

And next to that I wouldn't go digging in Serbia nowadays, I believe there are still minefields
    Yep, Serbia, Balkans. Yugoslavia, wars... If that is the extent of your knowledge, than refrain from future comments. But, being a helpful person that I am, I will tell you that you believe wrong. There are no minefields in Serbia. So. people dig freely. And it's not like they can't find anything interesting, for example http://www.robertwernick.com/articles/LepenskiVir.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepenski_Vir
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 03-05-2007 at 01:23.

It was a trap, after all. Member DukeofSerbia's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Vote on the final faction

There are casett bombs which NATO used bombarding Yugoslavia 1999. And depleted uranium (to be honest, USA used depleted uranium on their allies, Albanians in Kosovo).

Sorry for off topic.
    Watching
    EURO 2008 & Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Waiting for: Wimbledon 2008.

i vote for sevilla or an andalucians faction

The vote has already closed (see this thread).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345