Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Supreme Ruler of the Universe Member FrauGloer's Avatar

Default "Mess" on twcenter.net

Hey everyone! I don't know where else to put this, so I'll just ask here:

I just visited twcenter.net for some board-browsing, but then I saw that there seems to be something like a mod-war going on there. I never noticed what someone called "that mess here". Would someone of the guys who frequent both the ORG and TWC care to tell me what has happened to make that informative site go down just minutes ago?

I find it rather sad that personal quarrels over a game can cause so much trouble...

I liked that site...
    Current Campaigns:

Default Sv: "Mess" on twcenter.net

It is quite simple.
    The entire staff and 70% moderators at TWC got fired yesterday by the guys that own the server.
    The staff got no explanations nor any warning.
    Instead they installed a member that was banned for flaming and other things to be sole-admin.
    The moderators that were left resigned, me inclueded because we either disagreed or refused to serve under that incompetent fool(my reason).
    The other members started speaking up against this and in return they got banned.
    Then more of us got furious by this behavior and started attacking the admin for his incompetence and in return we got banned as well.
    Right now the situation is chaotic to say the least.
    There are only 3 moderators(inclueding the admin himself) for that entire forum.
    And one of the moderators got appointed yesterday.
    That moderator is a known CA-basher and loves to flame other people and was gonna get banned as well but thanks to the IQ of the admin he is now a moderator instead.
    To put it simple, TWC is dead.

But a new site is in the making by the old staff members and it will be like TWC before this whole mess started.

Supreme Ruler of the Universe Member FrauGloer's Avatar

Default Re: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Ouch! How stupid...

Well, I'm glad "the good guys" don't let themselves down and are creating a new, clean site!

Thanks for clearing it up for me!
    Current Campaigns:

You are welcome dude

TWC is owned by Ogres Net, but until recently has been run by community members as site admins.

Recently ON have been meddling more and more in the running of their sites, which has caused issues on other boards, not just TWC. Suggested changes to administraotr access, reducing the number of administrators to three have angered staff on several ON forums, but would have hit TWC hardest, since we had about 8 admin. But lets face it, we were a massive site.

For unexplained reasons, a former moderator, who was for a time banned for Terms of Service violations, is known to be incompetant, was a known spammer and flamer and has no technical ability is now the sole admin of this massive site. His installtion into this role involved all other admin and most other staff members being sacked without warning or explanation. all but 1 of the remaining moderators then began resigning. Many other leading community members have been banned for being openly critical of this action.

TWC, an incredibly busy site with thousands of members, and usually 150+ logged in at any one time quite simply began to fall apart. Spam and flame became rampant. A new moderator was appointed, one i might add who is a known CA basher, but 2 mods and 1 admin cannot run a site that big even if they're online 24/7.

This state of affairs was reported to the network administrators, who have taken the advice to temporarily close the board while they try and work out what exactly to do.

With TWC's entire corps of experienced moderators and administrators gone, even should they be offered their jobs back, its unlikely any of them will want to work with someone who has been readily labelled as TWC's most hated member, and now site administrator. When you consider that those people sacked include TWCs most reputable, respected and well-known members, with great links to other community sites, and to CA, its fair to say TWC will not be able to recover from the mismanagement its suffered at the hands of its Network. I know of some mod teams who are already planning to leave the site, and with the lack of support teams are likely to get from the remaining staff, i imagine more will follow suit.

Its a great pity to see this happen to a website i used to run, and have dedicated almost 4 years of my life too, but there it goes. The people who own the server clearly want TWC to be a small nondescript unoriginal and boring fansite with a draconian staff team that nobody would want or need to visit, and thats the way its heading right now.

My advice to any other TWC members,stay here on the Org, and wait for news of the replacement site thats apparently being planned by the recently deposed site admin team.

Head Moderator of TotalRome
    Refugee of the Total War Centre

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Default Re: Sv: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Quote Originally Posted by TB666
    Instead they installed a member that was banned for flaming and other things to be sole-admin.
    Sounds like a coup to me. That individual must have been whispering in the ears of the owners of the hosting for months, either that or they're the best of friends offline and have been planning this for a while. Whoever they are they don't sound particularly mature. This has happened before on other messageboards, it's because they recruit the wrong type of people and/or their server is controlled by an insecure individual. By insecure I mean a third party that is not directly involved with the site. Such people are vulnerable to the manipulation and whisperings, because they don't understand enough about the workings or organisation of the forums. Sorry to hear it's turned out like this. I hope the decent admins and mods that were kicked out unfairly can make a go at another site, avoiding any more infighting, which always destroys a messageboard.

Last edited by caravel; 01-17-2007 at 17:57.

It's quite amazing how fast an empire can fall when a bad leader becomes in charge

I never liked TWC, but this is just sick ... so how old where the guys that owned the server and thought they could be funny? 13?

Default Sv: Re: Sv: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Quote Originally Posted by Caravel
    Sounds like a coup to me.
    It is a coup IMO.
    They have tried changing TWC before but because of massive uproar they backed down.
    However it has gone too far this time and the damage is done.
    The mods and modders for TW are leaving and the members had enough, CA will certainly not visit and post in the forum when there is a CA-basher in charge of the TW forums.
    As the Black Prince said, wait until the new site is up.

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Default Re: Sv: Re: Sv: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Yup Ogres Net have destroyed TWC, but they have not destroyed the community. The old staff are already getting a new site up and running. We should have it up and running soon.

I've already got CA support for the new forum, and most of the mods will probably leave TWc and set up at our new forum as we can offer them hosting for their mods.

Thumbs down Re: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Bizarre situation...

I can only feel for the people who commited so much of their energy and time to that website, it's a disgrace to see it ruined like this.

I especially worry about the mod community, which was particularly vibrant there and saw dozens, even a hundred projects start up over the last year alone. I was helping out with one project that didn't even have it's own development forum at this point, all their research may well be lost now...

Thanks to TWC people like TB666, tBP and Lusted for explaining what's going on.
    I look forward to hearing about the new site.

Antagonist
    "Society is going down the drain, and it's everybody's fault but ours."

Arthurian Total War Developer

Well I cant speak for the team Roma Surrectum, but personally i find what happened at TWC disgraceful. This was a very popular site with tons of quality content and great members and projects.

Hopefully the members "in exile" will keep the community alive and all the talented people keep on working hard to produce amazing stuff.

Hopefully we can get our stuff back....

Ben,
    Member of Roma Surrectum mod

We have a backup of the forum from yesterday we can use(or at least i think ill chat to Sim). So your stuff should be on there, plus we are offerinh hosting for mods at our new forum, so you can upload your mod there.

And it looks like i've been banned for complaining about the new admin, oh well.

Lusted, same with me. No longer able to get to the forum. but it doesnt matter. I'm looking forward to new page.

Default Sv: Re: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Yes anyone who has disagreed with the new admin has gotten permabanned.

nah the forums is offline, all I can see is a blank bar thingy

Default Re: Sv: Re: "Mess" on twcenter.net

Hmmm... That way he will stay there alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted
    I've already got CA support for the new forum, and most of the mods will probably leave TWc and set up at our new forum as we can offer them hosting for their mods.
    it's good to hear that... At least I'll be able to keep playing LTC 2.x... pitty that my post count and 2 year contribution to TWC is down to one post in here

ps- TWC is not even running now, that's bad.

TWC is up, just the guys banned most of the people

The fact that TWC has been down for the past 2 hours while ON wiped any trace of our existance shows how incompetant they are. We shall set up a new site, don't worry, free from ON and their incompetant administration.

JP
    Ex-TWC Staff and banzored member

Jedi Master Member spirit_of_rob's Avatar

Yep i got permabanned aswell for objecting the second it came back online i started posting haha
    Skinner/Modeller for EB

Member Member antiochus epiphanes's Avatar

rofl me and spirit of rob got banned forever, apparently:
    farting in HGs general direction, is spam.
    oh well i sent him a pm about that..

btw did you know they eat babies and choke puppies?

The new admin has only 10 posts! Yea, he really knows the community

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Quick, someone find an eager doctoral student to do a post-mortem and send it to SlashDot...

This is simply bizarre. Condolences to everyone who put a lot of time and energy into TWC, and best of luck getting that new site going.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Post Re: "Mess" on twcenter.net

This is awful! What confuses me is why Ogre's Network wanted to install a new admin anyway? From what I saw you guys were doing a great job. Anyhow I wish you immense amounts of good luck with the new site. I also hope that Ogre's Network takes off this tyrant and reinstates the rightful rulers. Good luck again and cheers.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 01-17-2007 at 19:53.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    This is awful! What confuses me is why Ogre's Network wanted to install a new admin anyway? From what I saw you guys were doing a great job. Anyhow I wish you immense amounts of good luck with the new site. I also hope that Ogre's Network takes off this tyrant and reinstates the rightful rulers. Good luck again and cheers.
    orges net is the tyrant. they orcastraited the whole thing

Default Sv: Re: "Mess" on twcenter.net

And now the dictator is banning people he simply dislikes.

like me and rob for a example

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast