Thread: I'm so confused

Default I'm so confused

I've been searching for hours, and I just can't find the information I'm looking for. I need a mod for Rome Total War 1.5, no Barbarian Invasion.

The mod must take place between 300-100 BC. I mainly want tweaks to the battle map and campaign map when necessary. Understand, I don't want a huge conversion mod like RTR, just something small that makes things harder. I say again, I want it to be harder. Particularily the battles.

I hear people complaining about the dimplomacy AI, but IMO it doesn't matter how crappy the diplomacy AI is if the battle AI is crap.

So anything that tweaks the campaign map and battle map is fine, but no huge conversations. And I don't mind reskins. Any ideas?

Default Re: I'm so confused

I dont think there are any mods out there like that. To be honest, it would be easier to do it yourself, what you want seems quite easy to do.

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

If you want to make the battle ai harder try getting either Darth Formations or Sinuhet's Formations fixes (you can't have both so try one and see if it works). These are supposed to make the battle ai much more difficult.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Meghas Alexandros
    I dont think there are any mods out there like that. To be honest, it would be easier to do it yourself, what you want seems quite easy to do.
    Not all of us are modders. Most of the RTW players don't even know how to mod anything.

For some.... very odd reason, I cannot seem to edit my previous post, so I'll make a new one.

I cannot find DarthMod. I looked everywhere in these forums and on twcenter.net and I cannot find any information regarding DarthMod and what it does.

I found the DarthMod forums on twcenter.net, but it only lists what has changed since 7.0. It doesn't list everything DarthMod does. It really angers me, since not all of us have been here for months and not all of us have been following Darth Mod and all of it's versions, and not all of us are omniscient!

What about the other 7 version of DarthMod?? Where are the descriptions of what they do.

Where can I find out what the mods do? Every mod I look up it only explains in general what the mod does, and even then it usually only explains what the new version does. What about those of us who aren't omiscient?

There, now that that's out, I can apologize for my anger, but I had to say it.

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

Smile Re: I'm so confused

Quote Originally Posted by Aelius
    For some.... very odd reason, I cannot seem to edit my previous post, so I'll make a new one.

I cannot find DarthMod. I looked everywhere in these forums and on twcenter.net and I cannot find any information regarding DarthMod and what it does.

I found the DarthMod forums on twcenter.net, but it only lists what has changed since 7.0. It doesn't list everything DarthMod does. It really angers me, since not all of us have been here for months and not all of us have been following Darth Mod and all of it's versions, and not all of us are omniscient!

What about the other 7 version of DarthMod?? Where are the descriptions of what they do.

Where can I find out what the mods do? Every mod I look up it only explains in general what the mod does, and even then it usually only explains what the new version does. What about those of us who aren't omiscient?

There, now that that's out, I can apologize for my anger, but I had to say it.
    Darth Mod changes the formations for the AI and other things that will make the AI more effective (we can't mod the AI itself).

Aside from that I can't really help, I havn't been watching it either.

Darth Mod 8.0 (on this site)

Hope this helps, Have Fun!!
    ByzantineKnight
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you

You don't want all of Darth Mod as that is a major mod you just want his formations mod.

Go to http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62465 and you can use the link at the bottom I think or you can find it on FileFront if you search for total war and dig around a little.

Sinuhets formation mod is also at twcenter at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130 the current version is in a sticky on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    You don't want all of Darth Mod as that is a major mod you just want his formations mod.

Go to http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62465 and you can use the link at the bottom I think or you can find it on FileFront if you search for total war and dig around a little.
    *sigh* Again, it doesn't explain what the mod does. I looked all over that page 3 times and it never explains what the mod does. It just says basically "makes the AI better"... anyone who cares about their game wants a little more information than that.

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

try VBM version 3

available right here on this site !
    3 new provinces on the regular RTW map, and a few tweaks to balance the campaign...

You could always read the readme that comes with the download. In short what both formation mods do (Darths formations & Sinuhets formations) is to alter how the AI deploys their armies in the battle map, both at the beginning and during the battles. What this means is the their army behaves better on the battlefield, which means its harder for a human to win.
    Last edited by Squid; 01-19-2007 at 01:00.

Marcus Arbaces Alexandros Member Arbaces's Avatar

Perhaps SPQR...

I enjoyed this one too, around v4...

Ultimately there are loads of mods out there....best to try a few and see what you like.

But you ought to try one that has different skins and graphics in just to see what an improvement there is on the vanilla game.

Goes into sales pitch...... You could be one of the first to try Roma Surrectum as soon as it comes out (tonight or this weekend) - look here:

http://forums.totalrealism.net/index.php?showforum=196
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=251

It is a major mod though, but has different skins and graphics, some faction changes, nice maps as well as tougher battles. You can end up controlling one of 35 unique Roman legions, each with its own skin, e.g. Legio II Adiutrix Pia Fidelis:

I think the major mods are well worth it ultimately - you generally get what you pay for in terms of download time / size.
    Modeller and skinner for Roma Surrectum

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

<_<

>_>

I'll be taking that Tony. *Runs off with link*
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.