Page 52 of 108 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 3213

Thread: The "What are you playing?" topic.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re: The "What are you playing?" topic.

HoI2, with both expansions.

Can't say I really like it. As France, I spent 1 years supporting the Republicains in Spain through trade (how come I can't join them in the war?). Then I spent 2 years modernizing my army and building lots of Somua-35 and B1-bis. Germany invaded an annexed Poland in 3 days. I declared war, and then the game turned into an annoying micro-management hell hole. This is the second time I try to do something with HoI2, and the second time I find myself overwhelmed by all the fights going on at once. I can't figure out whether I'm winning or losing, as there's about 15 "Victory/Defeat" messages poping-up per minute.
    And I'm only fighting on one front of roughly 6 provinces (actually, only in France and Germany, as neither Italy nor the Belgium/Netherlands joined the fight). I can't imagine playing with the US, USSR or Germany, and having to deal with Africa, Asia, the Pacific, Europe and what not.
    Last edited by Meneldil; 10-18-2009 at 19:26.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post

Can't say I really like it. As France, I spent 1 years supporting the Republicains in Spain through trade (how come I can't join them in the war?). Then I spent 2 years modernizing my army and building lots of Somua-35 and B1-bis. Germany invaded an annexed Poland in 3 days. I declared war, and then the game turned into an annoying micro-management hell hole. This is the second time I try to do something with HoI2, and the second time I find myself overwhelmed by all the fights going on at once. I can't figure out whether I'm winning or losing, as there's about 15 "Victory/Defeat" messages poping-up per minute.
    And I'm only fighting on one front of roughly 6 provinces (actually, only in France and Germany, as neither Italy nor the Belgium/Netherlands joined the fight). I can't imagine playing with the US, USSR or Germany, and having to deal with Africa, Asia, the Pacific, Europe and what not.
    To be fair, that's probably how the French government at the time felt, too.

(But I couldn't figure out HoI2 anyway, wars in Vicky are confusing enough)

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post

Trust me, you get used to it eventually.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

With the untimely death of my 360 I've been forced to contemplate my future in gaming, it's been a great year for my xbox and although I may eventually return to console gaming in the future (namely when i have the money to replace my poor 'box) I've returned to PC gaming. You might ask what the first thing I did upon coming back to it, well, bought Mass Effect for PC of course!

That's right. I enjoy that game so much that when it was denied to me I bought it a second time. Mainly because the sequel is coming in Jan and I'm unsure if I'll be securing another 360 before then. So to be on the safe side, i grabbed ME-PC off of steam. Need to get my canonical Shepard back!

Aside from that I checked out the Left 4 Dead new mini-DLC, Crash Course. I was unimpressed. It feels a bit like Death Toll in its pacing, although nowhere near as memorable. The biggest highlight for me was all the new dialogue they recorded for the survivors, but that can only amuse me for so long. Versus on CC is pretty engaging but other than that, it feels a bit like it's too little too late. Bring on the sequel, i guess.
    Last edited by Monk; 10-21-2009 at 04:54.

The Chosen One Member Noddy The Beefy Egg's Avatar

Playing EU3 and Vicky.

On my titles, Kaiser means king in German. So i'm the king

SELLING PIRATINGS OF THIS VIDEOGAME WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT BY CRUSHING

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    With the untimely death of my 360 I've been forced to contemplate my future in gaming, it's been a great year for my xbox and although I may eventually return to console gaming in the future (namely when i have the money to replace my poor 'box)
    what happened to the xbox? red ring of death? cuz they fix that for free.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Iron View Post
    what happened to the xbox? red ring of death? cuz they fix that for free.
    E74 Error indicating a general hardware problem*.

More specifically the DVD-drive has failed completely. It was being finicky about reading disks all week and finally it died, once and for all. I looked into getting a replacement but all signs point to "more trouble than its worth".

*About as helpful as having a "Problem" light if you ask me.
    Last edited by Monk; 10-21-2009 at 13:32.

i'd reccomend calling them. youre not gonna lose anything, and it costs nothing, even to ship it, to get it fixed if it is their fault, which it sounds like it is.

no use in not trying right?

i'd reccomend calling them. youre not gonna lose anything, and it costs nothing, even to ship it, to get it fixed if it is their fault, which it sounds like it is.

no use in not trying right?
    Sorry, i've long since voided my warranty. You can read about my adventures in the Hardware-Software forum.

I've been working inside and tinkering with this thing since July, I am thoroughly tired of it and just don't want to mess with it anymore. It's one of the early model 360s that has long since been outpaced by the newer parts released in today's xboxes. Fixing this thing again, well, i'd be buying time at best until something else broke in it.

If I ever venture back into the world of the 360, i'll just buy a new one with the fancy new chipsets.
    Last edited by Monk; 10-21-2009 at 13:48.

you dont need a warranty. they will fix any errors caused by the internal workings of the xbox itself (like their parts making the disc reader break) as long as you have not tampered with it. that voids it and you would have to pay for that.

i think it just got a reduction though. wiat till day after thanksgiving if you wont try calling them id say. reduced prices.
    Last edited by Prussian to the Iron; 10-21-2009 at 15:56.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am playing Eufloria.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy The Beefy Egg View Post
    Playing EU3 and Vicky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I am playing Eufloria.
    those were informative. if you only have a sentence than please dont post it, or make it longer. like tell use what you think about it so far, what games you are anxious about, etc.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

those were informative. if you only have a sentence than please dont post it, or make it longer. like tell use what you think about it so far, what games you are anxious about, etc.
    Google is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Since when was that a rule?

I'm re-playing a bit of FEAR when I get the time.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

just finished my 1,000th game of Worms2. how i find the time to do that between guitar and school i have no idea.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    Google is your friend.
    thats not my issue. the issue is 1-sentence posts that contain no information. they are spamming the thread with a few word posts. hooahguys last post was not spam, he said something else too.

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

Come on... the title of the thread isn't "what are you playing and why?", although it does strike me as a little odd that people would simply broadcast their activities with no comment. Then again, I'm hardly up on the the whole Tweeter thing.

I'm crunching through Fallout 3. I had a level 18 char which I'd been playing off Live!, so when I got the Broken steel add-on, I was unable to carry on with that character! For the last 2 weeks I've been playing a new Live! character and last night finally got back to the point I had been before... Only thing is I hope i'm still interested enough to stay engaged -my on-off "relationship" with CIV4 is calling me back...

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    my on-off "relationship" with CIV4 is calling me back...
    Hehe. I get the same, it's good, but frustrating.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

thats not my issue. the issue is 1-sentence posts that contain no information. they are spamming the thread with a few word posts. hooahguys last post was not spam, he said something else too.
    While agree with alh_p it is a bit odd. AFAIK it's not against the rules to just post what you're playing and nothing else. So they've done nothing wrong and you shouldn't tell them not to post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo View Post
    While agree with alh_p it is a bit odd. AFAIK it's not against the rules to just post what you're playing and nothing else. So they've done nothing wrong and you shouldn't tell them not to post in this thread.
    Especially when the games mentioned all have their own threads in the Arena.

This thread is for you to tell people what you're playing. How much or how little you say it up to you; a description of some sort or some thoughts is preferable but not required. Some games don't require much of a description, after all.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Playing through Deus Ex again, I have heard people claim you can complete it only killing Navarre and Hermann, has anybody managed to do this? I usually play without killing any NSF, after that I have to kill to get past most levels. Going to give it a shot this time.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 10-22-2009 at 18:00.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I created a topic, respond to that.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Playing Risen, I haven't played a really good RPG since Mass Effect and couldn't wait for Dragon Age for an RPG fix. It's very like the Gothic games (same developer) but I'm actually finding it more immersive, I got bored of the Gothic games pretty quickly.

Trying out some custom maps for L4D with some friends. Anyone with L4D, download a custom map called Suicide Blitz, awesome map.
    #Hillary4prism

Finished Batman. All secrets found, the big mystery solved, maxed upgrades, all goons knocked unconscious, all plants uprooted, etc etc.

While overall it was a very good game I found the last 1/5 dragged; I didn't have much fun after entering the gardens for the first time. They started making things awkward for the sake of being awkward at that point IMO, permanently blocking routes so you had to take lengthy detours or making you fight enemies in such tight spaces that the camera couldn't keep Bats in view reliably. Would it be too much to ask for the pathways which became blocked for plot reasons to become properly unblocked so you don't have to crawl through vents or take detours once you've solved those rooms? Secret hunting in sandbox mode after defeating the last boss was less enjoyable than it should have been for this very reason. And the storyline section in the sewer was awful! Very dull, very reliant on doing the same three things over and over.

I haven't done many of the predator or combat challenges. Playing a few soon proved that they weren't my cup of tea.

That all sounds very negative. The game was so good that the aspects I disliked stood out more strongly. I'd say the game's an 8/10 on the frog scale. Sequel please.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    DDO.
    D&D Online?

I just ran through the tutorial quest last night. Takes a little getting used to the controls and such.
    This space intentionally left blank

Civ 4: Colonisation. Haven't touched it in ages. I finally understand the concepts involved now, (it's the sleep deprevation, I'm not slow ).
    #Hillary4prism

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Civ 4: Colonisation. Haven't touched it in ages. I finally understand the concepts involved now, (it's the sleep deprevation, I'm not slow ).
    Have you patched that? I played the released version and it was a great disapointment. The patch is meant to have fixed some of the broken mechanics.

Page 52 of 108 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast