Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354
Results 1,591 to 1,606 of 1606

Thread: The Midgard Saga [Concluded]

Default Re: The Midgard Saga

We used you, you were "at our side", voted the same as we did (well I did, Alex decided to lurk it out). Killing you would mean killing someone who believed in Alex' and my innocence. About all the others we weren't sure, so they were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    We used you, you were "at our side", voted the same as we did (well I did, Alex decided to lurk it out). Killing you would mean killing someone who believed in Alex' and my innocence. About all the others we weren't sure, so they were killed.
    Sounds good. Makes me feel so much better.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Three times yesterday i did offer my advice to get rid of these bastardly Jotun Stig and Alexander the Pretty Good,but i was ignored. Congratulations to the Jotun and i expect to see you on the battlefields when Ragnarok will be upon us!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Result
    Stig smelt of royalty, yet was not royal
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    *Claims to be a king*

Great game mate!

Congratulations to all the jotuns on your victory

From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Hi there people... forgot about me have you?

Due to extreme RL I have not been able to post here a while now. It has normalised since then and I was able to write the last two pages of the write-up. It seemed like a waste not posting this so if anyone is interested here goes:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Midgard Saga

the

Story

Having played many mafia games I realised I had not hosted one myself. I thought it might give me valuable experience. I wanted a themed game with lots of roles. In my opinion these games are more enjoyable. I also like games that bring something new, something not done before. I am that type of player that grows tired of games fast, the type that will never get the high score.
    I put my interest of hosting a game in the appropriate thread and started thinking of a theme. I came up with Norse Mythology since I am a Northman and know a few things about it. I thought it appropriate to make a story located on the west coast of Norway where I live and where my ancestors have lived since who knows when. My father’s family comes from Sogn and my mother’s from Hordaland.

I decided to put my ideas in a thread to take soundings. I had not paid attention to the current development in the hosting queue and thought some games were going to run before mine. I had many plans and when I finally realised that I was up, many plans had to be scrapped. I have already mentioned the Holmgang system so I won’t mention that again. The roles were quickly written and there was no time to do a thorough balancing of the game.
    I was a little afraid that the game might be seriously unbalanced and made a few tweaks here and there.
    32 players signed and the game was a reality. The names of the players were written down on pieces of papers, folded twice and placed in a cereal bowl. The roles were also written on pieces of paper, folded twice and placed in another cereal bowl. I picked one piece of paper from the names and one from the roles. This was my election system.
    I had to rewrite Prole’s role since I thought it a little inappropriate to place her in the shoes of Thor the manly man. I am sorry Prole if I thought wrong.
    Thor was to protect two players every night by giving them a magical hammer amulet that would scare off the Jotun and give extra power in battle.
    I wanted a twist in the game, a role that would play pranks and create a little chaos. I bet any of the players in the game would do nicely in that role. I laughed a little when I pulled Reenk out of the bowl. I knew he would enjoy this role. All roles were picked and a few names remained in the bowl. These would be the townies.

I started sending out the role descriptions in the same order that I picked them and if anyone was looking at my profile during that time they would not be able to deduce who got which role. The roles were:

Three Jotun:

Utgards-Loki: The Jotun King, a trickster and magician (hence the Loki call-name).
    He once tricked Loki and Thor whilst holding a feast at his castle. He sat up games where Loki got beat in an eating competition and Thor got beat in a strong man’s test and a drinking competition. The opponents of Thor and Loki later turned out to be forces of nature. Loki competed with fire in the eating contest. Thor tried to drink the ocean in the drinking contest and tried to hold back age in the strong man’s test.

Trym :A large and very strong jotun. He once stole Mjølnir, the hammer of Thor to blackmail the Æsir into letting him marry Frøya (love godess).

Rungne : A jotun champion with a very fast horse (Gullfaks). Once he raced Odin and his horse Sleipner and didn’t stop until they passed the border to Asgard. He then was invited to dine with the Æsir. He got drunk and threatened the Gods; he challenged Thor to Holmgang where he knocked out the Thunder God by throwing a whetstone at him. Thor caught and split the whetstone on his hammer but a piece hit his head and he passed out.

Four Æsir:

Odin: The All Father of the Norse Gods, He exchanged one of his eyes for wisdom and knowledge in magical arts. He fathered many gods; amongst them Thor, Balder and Heimdal. He also has two ravens that he sends out during the night and on the morrow they return with tales of the world.

Heimdall: The God of light and Bitfrost bridge guard of Asgard. He can see and hear better than any other gods and will be the one who could first detect a jotun uprising to Asgard. His sight is clear 100 miles in every direction, night and day. He can hear grass grow. He is the archenemy of Loki and they will kill each other at Raganrok. He also likes to step into the realm of Midgard and spend time with the humans.

Idun: The Godess of Life-force. She is in charge of the tree of life from whence its fruit gives eternal life to the gods (fruit usually referred to as apples).

Loki: The God of tricks and pranks. The rebel God is a well known force often misinterpreted as evil. Loki made much mischief but also some good deeds.

It should be noted that Loki was both Jotun and Æsir. He was born Jotun but mixed blood with Odin in a blood oath. He received powers and was adopted by Odin and became the brother of Thor.

6 Lords:

King Eirikr of Hordaland
    King Sulke of Rogaland
    King Bele of Sogn

One Jarl from each kingdom.

6 Champions:

I wanted to test out something. First I would make it hard to kill the kings in holmgang by providing them with a stand in. I decided that the Jarls also should have this protection. I also wanted to see what pairing up two players would do to a game.

8 War veterans:

A strong townie that might think they had a chance in Holmgang.

5 townies:

Townies that thought they had no chance in Holmgang.

The game started and I put up a Rune stone with the word ‘FUTHARK’ to see if anyone would foresee what purpose it would have during the game.
    Odin was the player responsible for putting runes on it during the game but the Jotun king would try to obfuscate it by placing three words in the message somewhere.
    Odin aka Husar started to question me about this and that and I replied as neutral as possible but I let a few things slip out. Ichigo was also squeezing me for info and I supplied some half truths. In a balanced game, if I help one side I will need to equally help the other. Needless to say I helped the Jotun a little too.

Round 1

The Jotun wanted to kill Destroyer of Hope and Sir Moody
    Idun protected Sasaki and Seamus
    Heimdall watched Crazed Rabbit
    Odin sent his birds to Prole and Sasaki and the message: “beware of the word of evil”
    The Jotun added: “Thank you Sasaki”.
    Due to different alphabets two players thought it said ‘Wank you Sasaki’ and I decided to use the same rune alphabet as the players obviously did.

I really thought someone had sniffed my pms by those first kills. A Lord and his Champion were killed the first night. What are the odds of that?

I did the first kill descriptions and it was I who made the broadsword reference. This was to show the Jotun that I wanted them to write the kills themselves and use my example as a template. The Jotun are loath to follow orders and might forget to use “normal” killing methods.
    As I predicted, the discussion derailed on the “Broadsword” reference and I was a little surprised how important this was for some players.
    Sorry about that Disco.

Some sporadic voting in this round and a lot of vote changes led to a four way tie of GH, Ichigo, sapi and Lord Motep. I decided to call the lynching off as I didn’t want an extension or revote. There were enough players to make a definite lynch; besides someone would probably die in the Holmgang anyway.

To me the; unvote, vote: Sigurd is not problematic with my method of keeping vote scores. If someone changes their vote the current name gets replaced with the new name.

This was the first test of the new feature and 6 challenges were put forth.

1. Tom Hagen(3) vs. CF(2)
    2. Kagemusha(3) vs. Seamus(8)
    3. Ichigo(3) vs. CountArach(4)
    4.HughTower(4) vs. Redleg(5) 0-2
    5. Crazed Rabbit(3) vs. GH (2)
    6. Lord Motep (4) vs. Orb (2)

Other notable happenings:
    I was swamped with people sending me questions about this and that and I tried to be as neutral as possible. If I helped one side I would need to help the other.
    As it were Stig posted something along the lines of inquiring why people hadn’t noticed the runes.
    I pm’ed him with a little advice against mentioning runes at all, If I were mafia I would have made bets that Husar (the player that put runes on the stone) and possible Sasaki were looking for someone casually mentioning the runes. He edited his post. I also sent a pm advising pevergreen against his post mentioning his high Holmgang score. He did not retract it. I guess the mafia thought that pevergreen would play the scapegoat in a later round.

Round 2

The first real test of the infamous Holmgang battle system: HughTower (4) vs. Redleg (5).
    Since Redleg was a Lord I sent him a warning that he was up for a Holmgang and asked if he intended to use his champion. He declined and wanted to fight this himself.
    I tried to narrate the results and as the story goes, it was even right up to the end. Redleg and Hughtower took turns losing a stat, but when the stats were at 1-2 to Redleg, Hughtower lost his last stat and Redleg emerged victorious.

The Jotun wanted to kill Dutch_guy and Don Corleone
    Idun protected Husar and Don Corleone
    Heimdall watched HughTower and sent his results to Crazed Rabbit.
    Odin sent his birds to Kukri and Kagemusha and the message to be runified: "use wisdom keep the heart of a true viking as it will make you succeed".
    The Jotun added: ‘Don’t trust Ichigo”.

It became clear this round that people were revealing in private based on the questions I got in PMs. Should I punish these players? I couldn’t as I hadn’t specifically mentioned this in the rules. This behind the scene networking would create an unbalanced game if the mafia didn’t get in on it. I let it pass, but I was keeping an eye on the development.

It was this round that Seamus pm’ed me this: “By-the-way, I'm sure the "old man's" ravens are around here somewhere, so have them tell Odin I have no idea what game he's playing -- but he is Odin and I shall play and let him keep his disguise as he wishes.”

I got impressed. He was spot on in many of his assumptions about the game and its roles. I thought he had uncovered Husar and his role as the old man at the Ting. This was my initial intention for Odin, to play the old man at Gulating. I had to change this and put Husar into the story as a separate entity.

Another Lord lost his life this round and it looked bad for the townies. Two Lords down and pevergreen all but announced he was one. Idun aka Prole protected DonC from the Jotun and I am sorry Don, it was me who wrote that kill. I had to change the initial kill description since you were about to be saved.

The discussion this round went along the lines of clan affiliation or no affiliation.
    I intentionally left the “townies” in the no affiliation category; only Kings, Champions and War Vets belonged to a faction. This was one of the twists I put in the game. The factions were just for narrating purposes and had no meaning in the game as such. As I hoped some would accuse the none-affiliated of being Jotun as they believed all humans belonged to a faction.

The voting resulted in a 5 way tie of two votes… not a chance I would redo that vote. Time to teach those voters to BANDWAGON!!! No lynch in round two either.

Challenges:

1. Omanes(6) vs. Husar(9)
    2. Tom Hagen(4) vs. Omanes(6)
    3. Kagemusha(3) vs. Omanes(6)
    4. Lord Motep(4) vs. Orb(2) 3-0
    5. Ichigo(3) vs. Sasaki(2)
    6. Crazed Rabbit(3) vs. GH(2)

Other happenings:

I realised that I hadn’t sent Dutch_guy to Valhalla as deserved and corrected this. I even made a reference in the thread that an update had been done. Yet people did not notice this and even pointed out the fact that Dutch had not been sent to Valhalla.
    Redleg gave some clues to his role in this round and I would have to see if the Jotun picked up on this. Two lords could go down the coming night.
    Loki aka Reenk Roink decided to reveal his role as his initial post… Not exactly what I would have done but hey, It seemed to work though. Reenkmaister really played this role well.
    It was about this time I realised that this game would generate lots of posts. Over 600 posts and round three was not started yet (yes, there was an extension).

Round 3

Lord Motep vs. Orb in Holmgang was a pure walkover by Motep. Orb took the first point but then it was all Motep. 3-0 to Motep was a clear victory.

The Jotun wanted to kill Byzantine Knight and Orb
    Idun protected Redleg and Don Corleone
    Heimdall watched Reen Roink.
    Odin sent his birds to DonC and Redleg and the message to be runified: "Your offer is accepted Loki".
    The Jotun added: “Andres is guilty”.

This is the round that Reenk Roink got targeted by voters. Finally people start to actually put some numbers on the votes. RR was continuing his frame of Ichigo who tried to defend himself as best he could. Sasaki had heard too many “Wolf, wolf” being cried and would not listen to RR at all. It seemed RR would be lynched but Seamus decided to intervene by revealing his role and one of his missions. The fight I was hoping not to write was imminent. People started unvoting RR even though they would lose a powerful detective role. I guess people wanted to see this Holmgang between Loki and Heimdall and used Disco as a scapegoat.
    An overwhelming number of votes (if you use previous votes as a template) got the innocent man Discovery1 lynched.

Reenk Roink started off the challenges with a challenge of Seamus. It is my guess that he didn’t really want this holmgang and counted on my bureaucratic view of my rules. Yes it is true that for this fight to be favoured it had to be Seamus who challenged RR. If Seamus hadn’t put forth his challenge it would have decided upon a rolling die.

1. Reenk Roink (7) vs. Seamus (7)
    2. Redleg (7) vs. Ichigo (3)
    3. Omanes (6) vs. Tom Hagen (4)
    4. Ichigo (3) vs. Reenk Roink (7)
    5. Seamus (7) vs. Reenk Roink (7) 1-0
    6. CF (2) vs. Omanes (6)

You may notice that the Holmgang stats vary a little (ref. Redleg)
    This is due to the fact that wins in Holmgang gets you an extra permanent point and being protected by Idun also gives you an extra point (just for that round).

Other happeings:
    Redleg was buying into the framing of Ichigo and was a little upset at Sasaki for swaying the town in favour of the lynch of Disco. Reenk continued to throw torches on the bonfire that put Ichigo in a bad light, and Ichigo continued his feverish defence.
    Ichigo was on a roll in the chat and I casually mentioned that praying to a god might save you in the event of a lynching or a kill, which resulted in the post #815… (HEHE)
    Reenk Roink sent me the final pm making his alignment pro-Jotun and joined the jotun team.

Round 4

My ingenious Holmgang system settled the duel between Seamus and RR at the very end with a 1-0 win in favour of Seamus. He became a fearsome duellist for later holmgangs with a new stat of 8. Should he be protected he would gain the all-time high of 9 (like Husar in the previous round).

The Jotun wanted to kill Seamus and Redleg
    Idun protected no one (no pm)
    Odin sent his birds to Omanes and Ichigo and the message to be runified: "Look how they fight the brave the strong the gods".
    The Jotun added: “The Real Loki”.

Idun (Prole), due to real life and .org problems (database down in periods) sent no pm and Heimdall was not protected. Bold move by the Jotun attacking him this round. The Jotun knew they had to attack the Gods twice to remove them from the game. I put in their pm the solution to get rid of a God in one shot by sending two Jotun to do the deed but they never used this feature. They got however another Lord and the town were down to 3 Lords alive; pretty amazing considering this being only round 4.
    Odin would probably reason out that Ichigo was innocent by the scrap of information his bird told him. Would he come to the defence of Ichigo? Maybe he would only circulate this information to trusted players? (GRRRR). Odin decides that lynching an innocent townie is better than lynching a Lord.
    It was this round pevergreen started lying about his Holmgang stat and I was thinking; what is he doing?
    Sasaki was not buying anything that Reenk said in this game and defended Ichigo trying to get people to vote for either Omanes or pever. It became evident that pever had lost his pm and demanded a resend. I couldn’t oblige as that would give pever a free innocent ticket. Even my response could put pever on the innocent list.
    Ichigo was gathering votes though and it seemed that Reenk had put doubts in the players hearts about the innocence of Ichigo. That both Omanes and pevergreen was gathering votes was good news to the Jotun as they were both Lords.
    Omanes getting a little heat revealed his role in this round and should be an easy target for the Jotun in the next round. HughTower the Champion of pevergreen outed pever as King; 2 new targets for the Jotun next round. Only one Lord remained hidden.
    Pevergreen is caught in his lie and people starts changing their votes to him.
    At one point pevergreen was in the lead by 7-5 and I got a little worried since he had absolutely no way of defending himself since the discussion around his guilt happened during his sleep. Crazed Rabbit came to the rescue and got people to change their votes from pever to Ichigo and the close race between pever and Ichigo ended by pever pulling the longest straw in the end with 5-6.

Challenges this round:

1. Warluster(7) vs. Prole(7)
    2.DonC(3) vs. Omanes(6)
    3.GH(2) vs. Pevergreen(6)
    4.CR(3) vs. Sasaki(2)
    5.pevergreen(6) vs. Sasaki(2)
    6.Kage(3) vs. pevergreen(6) 0-1

Other happenings:
    Andres was quite active in the chat and by pm asking a lot of questions. I answered as neutral as possible.
    Husargave me an idea on his reference that I might have supplied the Jotun with townie pms. Yead Hus… you gave me the idea.
    Ichigo posted some chatlogs that were out of context to get back at Reenk. Andres who also were in the chat felt the need to get it right and posted some of the follow up discussions in the chat putting Ichigo in a bad light.
    The game rounded 1000 posts in this round. This was going to be a nightmare to make a write up to.
    Reenk posted a confession post but later changed it. Did someone notice? I guess only I and Ichigo did.
    I guess sapi realised as the last un-revealed Lord that he was alone and tried to put discredit to Omanes’ reveal. That would be of no avail since the Jotun knew who the Jotun were and most likely would have Omanes on their list already.
    Heimdall aka Seamus posted a proposal for all players alive to send their role pms to him. This would put some real pressure on the Jotun to fabricate fake pms to send him. The idea that Husar gave me became real. ByzantineKnight voiced his concern and I decided to execute my idea. I sent the Jotun template pms with a few instructions. The Jotun took the identity of the King and champion of Sogn originally belonging to pevergreen and HughTower (a little revenge for HughTower vouching for pevergreen and revealing his role while being dead).
    I thought it fair since Stig had originally made a fake detective pm and it would have been too easy for the town to deduce who the remaining Jotun were. This should not be the winning move by the town and I hoped that in their genius move they would still be able to root out the Jotun at a later time.

Round 5

The fight between Kagemusha and pevergreen really made me conscious of the power of randomness. Even though pevergreen had twice as high stat as that of Kage the final score ended in 0-1 to pevergreen.
    I originally put Omanes in the ring with Kagemusha because I misread the previous challenge list where Omanes were at the bottom with CF. Omanes and pevergreen both had the same Holmgang stat and Kage chose to just switch the names around. I guess he had a good time with the Valkyrie who picked him up and didn’t want to come back for a second Holmgang.

The Jotun wanted to kill Seamus and Sasaki
    Idun protected Seamus and Husar
    Odin sent his birds to Crazed Rabbit and sapi but no message to be runified.
    The Jotun added: “Fenring the Jotun”.

The behind scenes investigation continues and Sasaki puts both Alexander and Stig on his list of suspects.
    pevergreen won his Holmgang and received his new stat that would also confirm his original stat. Yet he chooses to fake my pm to raise his stat one extra point. One indication would be my misspelt name: Fanesblade.
    People start putting votes on the Jotun Alexander the Pretty Good to get him talking. Stig with his fake Champion role vouches for Alexander, a bold move since they will both go down if the town catches them in a lie. Alexander votes for himself which puts him in the lead against pevergreen. Warluster the last Jotun puts a vote on pevergreen to create a tie. His reason for posting that vote puts him in the suspicious camp and people starts voting for him. He receives 4 votes and it is enough to get him lynched. The Hovgod put a containment spell on him and gave a magical spear to the executioner. As Warluster dies; I’ll quote the text from the lynching: “Warluster was greeted by a sweet woman’s voice and the scent of fresh air: “Welcome strong one, I will take care of you.” Warluster was Trym the strong, a powerful Jotun and he was greeted by Hel into her realm. The townies finally got one of the Jotun and disposed of him. Two to go.

Challenges:
    1.Andres(2) vs. CountA(4)
    2. Stig(8) vs. CountA(4) 2-0
    3. pevergreen(7) vs. CountA(4)
    4. CF(2) vs. Lord Motep(5)
    5. CountA(4) vs. pever(7)

Other happenings:
    This was the round the townies tried to use the Holmgang as a tool to root out Jotun.
    Some were unlucky to challenge when they meant to suggest which players should challenge which players.
    Stig and Alexander’s fake pms seem to have convinced the behind scenes investigators and as a representative, Sasaki vouched for them both.
    More players start to vouch for players and I start to believe we have several small networks working in the background. Andres the townie confirms that CountA and sapi are “clean”. What is he playing? How does he know?

Round 6

Stig the Jotun King was up against CountA the champion of sapi in Holmgang and again the randomness was favouring the underdog. At one point it was 3-3 as Stig had lost 5-1 to CountA. Was this the moment where a Holmgang would kill a Jotun? Bad luck stroke and in the end game CountA lost 2-1 to Stig making the final score 0-2 favouring Stig. The Jotun King was now at par with a protected Odin with the all time high 9 in Holmgang.

The Jotun wanted to kill Crazed Rabbit and Husar
    Idun protected Seamus and DonC
    Odin sent his birds to GH and Lord Motep and no message to be runeified.
    No message from the Jotun either.

The Jotun dropped a kill point on a not-protected Odin (Husar) and removed Crazed Rabbit from the game.
    Sasaki puts up a new list of suspects omitting both Stig and Alexander. CF is getting some heat and people start voting for him. He then quotes his pm and GH confirms its authenticity. I had originally thought of making a few mistakes here and there in my pms, but laziness got the better of me and I circulated the same pm to all townies. Next time maybe…
    Some of the dead players start bringing in new information which borderlines cheating. I let it go as the Jotun has successfully fooled the behind investigation team. The behind scenes investigation finally get an all innocent result and they suspect no fair play by the narrator. That’ll teach them to base their investigation on private reveals (hehe). The birds of Odin were giving an unfair advantage to the town as two players were investigated every night. When they investigated War Vets it was crystal clear that they were Vets. As promised (chatroom with Husar), I made it a little more difficult to decipher the bird’s messages. Lord Motep had not appeared in the game since I sent him his new Holmgang stats; in fact he hadn’t read it yet. I put lurker in the raven message and a reference to his role (champion). Odin and the network interpreted it as guilty. At first Lord Motep got many votes and was clearly in the lead, then Dutch_guy basically tells everyone that he was a Lord (revealing when dead??). I was not going to bite his head off but surely there would be consequences. People start unvoting Lord Motep but it was too late. He still had more votes than the next on the list when the voting closed (good effort there Sasaki turning the voting around).

Challenges:
    1. GH (2) vs. CF(2)

2. pever (7) vs. Andres (2)
    3. sapi (5) vs. Andres (2) 0-1

4. Omanes (6)vs. Andres (2)

Other happenings:

Husar finally found suspicion with Stig’s remarks. Stig questioned why Omanes as a Lord hadn’t been killed yet. Omanes answered that was probably a strategy employed by the Jotun to get him lynched. Husar basically accuses Stig of having prepared such a question. Would the town lynch Stig next?
    Sasaki pursues his suspicion of Jotun having townie pms and continues to attack the remainder of the townies. GH is watching profiles and outs Andres for excessive pming. What is Andres up to? Maybe I shall mention this if the birds of Odin pays him a visit?

Round 7

The townie Andres was to Holmgang the Lord sapi. Lord vs. townie; 5-2 as the starting stats. It became evident that Andres was going to lose this as sapi took the first point in the match (5-1). Then I pulled 5 successive points in Andres favour. sapi had lost and I had to narrate the result. I put berserkrgangr as a plausible reason for Andres win in this fight. I bet the Jotun cheered.

The Jotun wanted to kill Proletariat and pevergreen
    Idun protected no-one
    Odin sent his birds to Alexander the Pretty Good and AndresTheCunning but no message to be runeified.
    message from the Jotun: “Read the runes”.

Prole as Idun could not protect herself and was attacked together with pevergreen by the Jotun who had an exceptionally good round this round. They got rid of two Lords and all pro town Gods would be done for next time the Jotun successfully attempted to kill them. With 12 players left, it was still feasible for either town or Jotun to win.
    Odin’s birds watched a Jotun and Andres this night. I decided I should mention the networking of Andres in the bird message.
    Husar obviously interpreted this to be; Andres = Jotun, and the Holmgang result didn’t make Andres less suspicious. He had revealed his townie stat earlier and when pitted against a Lord he won. Surely this was a lucky round for the Jotun and maybe the decisive point for a Jotun victory.
    The inquisition against Andres started and I felt sorry for the guy. The witch hunt was a reality and the Jotun could just jump on the bandwagon with no remorse. As Andres was away carnivaling he had no chance to put up a defence. He got all the votes and was promptly executed. Since Andres was a lowly townie he had not qualified for entrance to Valhalla which just added on the misfortune he found himself in. I hope Andres wasn’t deterred from playing other mafia games after this.

Challenges:

1. GH(2) vs. CF(2) 0-1

Other happenings:
    The Andres after-match put the spotlight on CF. the poor guy was attacked from all directions. No one believed him when he claimed innocence. Reenk Roink started posting again attacking Husar. My guess is that he wanted to put some noise into the discussion to clutter the thought process of the pro-town roles. Me thinks he succeeded. I also noticed that GH was posting more than usual even though he had started his Mafia VI. He seemed frustrated at being wrongly accused of being pro-Jotun.

Round 8

The fight between GH and CF resulted in a 0 -1 in CF’s favour. Again a lowly townie had won a Holmgang match and I decided to continue my Berserkrgangr cause for players with a stat of 2 winning a Holmgang. What would the investigation network make of this I wonder?

The Jotun wanted to kill Omanes and Kukri
    Idun protected Husar and Fenring
    Odin sent his birds to CF and Stig but no message to be runeified.
    The message from the Jotun: “Well done town”.

I was wondering a little by the choice Prole made for protecting Fenring this round. I knew she had contact with the other Gods by now and was probably being advised by them whom to protect. The Jotun decided to finally take out Omanes and were lucky Idun hadn’t protected him this night. Why they went after Kukri was also puzzling. But then again I sat with all the answers without knowing what they had been able to uncover during the game.
    Ichigo posts a list containing 4 players he suspects are Jotun. Both Alexander and Stig was on that list. Would the rest of the town consider this? Ichigo continues to urge the players to vote for Stig but no-one listens and more or less all the remnant players vote for CF

Challenges:
    1. Ichigo (3/7) vs. Sigurd (10) 0 -10

Other happenings:
    This was the round we discussed WoG. As I said in the thread many players were in danger of being WoG’ed but since I had made a special promise to JimBob and he didn’t appear anyway I was basically forced to apply the same lenient treatment to them also. sapi didn’t agree and wanted all players that had a total of no-vote record WoG’ed. I put up a list of players that had exceeded this no-vote record and players that were dangerously near. Alexander the Jotun was on that list and I would have WoG’ed him if he didn’t start participating.
    I was a little surprised that no-one made a challenge. If the right player had been challenged and the right player had won that challenge the town might have had a chance to win. If Stig or Alexander had been challenged by Husar, he could have removed one of them from the game. In my rules there would only be one kill attempt a night and Idun would have protected two.
    Kagemusha appeared from the shadows and accused Alexander and Stig of being Jotun. The remaining players were so sure they had removed the Jotun from the game that they brushed his accusations under the rug.
    The only one they suspected was DonC even though he was attacked and I had explicitly stated that Jotun could not attack other Jotun. I guess Andres theory of a God being attacked and later joined the Jotun were bearing fruit. Andres was right though. If the Jotun had attacked Loki (Reenk Roink) this scenario would have been true. But I would not have put two such players in the game.

After having lynched CF the players believed the game to be over and in reality it was due to no challenges.
    I wrote the end game and the game that nearly put 1600 posts in a (previously) large game (Seamus redefined the term large game with his Capo di tutti Capi) of 32 players was finally over. I never thought it required that much work hosting a game.

The End

Last edited by Sigurd; 03-23-2007 at 09:21. Reason: formatting again...
    Status Emeritus

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Very nice write-up Sigurd It's also good to see your still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Very nice write-up Sigurd. I enjoyed it.

And allthough my lynching and the town being convinced I was Jotun, frustrated me alot, I didn't get deterred from playing other mafia games.

On the contrary, I became even more addicted to them

Once again: thnx for hosting this one Sigurd
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd Fafnesbane
    Stig and Alexander’s fake pms seem to have convinced the behind scenes investigators and as a representative, Sasaki vouched for them both.
    Sasaki puts up a new list of suspects omitting both Stig and Alexander.
    Sasaki pursues his suspicion of Jotun having townie pms and continues to attack the remainder of the townies.

Yipes! Sasaki, what's going on? You're not losing your mojo on us, are you?

Anyway, I didn't really follow this game, but I did glance every now and then to see how it was going. Judging by the writup, it was quite a game.

Sigurd, you did a great job hosting and I think your ideas were very unique and wonderful. And, of course, great job by the Jotun!
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I blame Kommodus for our loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    I blame Kommodus for our loss.

Well, you villagers do seem a bit hapless sometimes without my aid, huh?

Though I really have no idea if I'd have been able to figure this one out if I'd been playing. RL was just too crazy at the time.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

hmm well I figured it then sigurd gave the jotun fake pm's (I was right on that part) and the holmgang results and investigation results gave misleading information...as well as the death description. I blame sigurd :p

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Blaming time!

Blame:Stig

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

thank you

Very nice writeup and game mate
    From wise men, O Lord, protect us -anon
    The death of one man is a tragedy; the death of millions, a statistic -Stalin
    We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area -UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Post Re: The Midgard Saga

Thanks for the final write up Siguard and I thankyou again for such an enjoyable game!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354