Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - Forth Eorlingas Released!

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - Forth Eorlingas Released!

Hey, I am just playing this mode for some weeks and I have to come around and say: It is realy great done and very good.
    At the beginning I don't like the elephants, because they were very powerfull, but it seems that the Harad can't rebuild them and once you can bring them done. I play on highest level and it is not done yet although I conquerd with Reunited Kingdom Dunland and Rohan. I hope you bring up something as good as this soon, coz I need something to player after im done with Harad and Rhun. :D

BTW: Some pics dont work for me. These are some unit pics. What can I do?

Harad *can* recruit and retrain more Mumakil, but only in certain regions with the appropriate resource. I'm sure if you take a look, you'll figure out which ones are they.

There are still units that don't have their info cards ready, so they show a FATW WIP image instead. It's not a bug or sth, so what you can probably do is just wait for the artists to do them.

Enjoy the game!

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Then I am just lucky that the AI don't uses them. :D

Well, it's not just a matter of luck. The AI uses some certain hardcoded crtiteria in order to choose what units to train. And while the mumakil can seem like a very appealing choice to the human player, the AI doesn't see them in that way. Their rather big recruitment and support cost and training time are the main cause of that, I believe.

When do you finish your next work? :)

Quote Originally Posted by SirRethcir
    Are you sure about that? The music makes up 50% of the overall mood of the mod. Especially in battles.
    I have to agree with lofman on that. The mod is great, one of the best if not the best. The only problem is the music...
    Last edited by meliritos; 06-04-2007 at 13:35.

What's the problem with the music? Do you too think that the Musicpack add-on is somewhat big?

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

Although one or two pieces need replacing I am very pleased with the music generally - and some pieces are outstanding and fit the cultures very well.

Please do tell us how we could improve the music. We do, after all, aim to be the best of our kind :)
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Can anyone tell me what hoop you need to jump through to register on their forums? Apparently I need a forum admin to validate my account but in over a month nothing has happened.

If you can't tell me whats going on there, maybe you could help me with the problem that made me register their in the first place - I read in a guide by one of the team members on how to make all units available in custom battles you had to do an edit -> replace on the 'no_custom' attribute but that didn't work and I stupidly forgot to backup the file. Could someone post it? its just a word document so I'm sure it would be fine. Not here though, it would be a very big nuisance, but a pm would be great. Its the bi->ci->data->export_descr_unit

I just want the default one, not the modded one, since that apparently doesn't work. Many thanks!

Our main admin guy is out of action at the moment and we are struggling in that area. Apologies. I know absolutely nothing about it I'm afraid.

As a matter of policy we do not provide support for personal modifications to the mod, or even those suggested by or created by individuals on the forums. We have enough to do.

Always back up your files.

I will PM you the file this time only.

If I forget to back it up again I'm really too stupid to be messing with mods to begin with, so thats a perfectly fine policy. And thanks a ton!

LOL.

I hope they work!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris
    Can anyone tell me what hoop you need to jump through to register on their forums? Apparently I need a forum admin to validate my account but in over a month nothing has happened.
    What are you talking about???

There shouldn't be any such thing. (You do mean the FATW forums???)
    The Fourth Age: Total War
    Forth Eorlingas! released!!!

The music is great!

Egypt Total War founder Member heisme's Avatar

It looks like a great mod but I am having trouble loading it
    Where is there a shortcut I can launch it from or how do I create one
    Maker of ETW

A shortcut is included in the download and the instructions of what to do with it are also included. After you've installed the mod, the shortcut should be in the folder you got Rome installed into. If you can't find it, search your PC for "FE".

Egypt Total War founder Member heisme's Avatar

How do you launch it I have downloaded it and the 1.9 patch and cannot load t as there is no shortcut how ddo I create one
    Maker of ETW

PM you with everything you need. Drop a line to let us know if everything is OK now. :)

I did it. Now I conquer the rest of the Map. :D

PS: I love the People of Dol Amroth!

I have the gold edition with RTW and BI together. Will that effect the mod in any way? Also, I've installed Europa Barbarorum and I was wondering if I have to uninstall EB to play it.
    Thanks

FATW is fully modfoldered, it will not affect or be affected by other fully modfoldered mods (such as EB after 1.0) or vanilla. FATW needs BI 1.6; Gold Editions sometimes comes patched only up to BI 1.4 though, so make sure you have 1.6 before attempting to install.

I wonder why you posted in this thread, FE is over 1 year old, the new version is The New Shadow and te latest update for it can b found HERE.

Wait, you mean this version is old? Anyway,which is the latest version? The new Shadow 2.6 or the Wars of Men? And do I need to install any previous versions before installing one of these or are all previous editions included in these 2? My BI is patched to 1.6. But there won't be any problems with the gold edition apart from that? And this won't screw up EB? Sorry for all the question.
    Thanks

We do ask that people visit our official forums. They contain all the answers ;)

http://www.thefourthage.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=29

See the Mod Info ReadMe First thread to begin with. Then the Latest Release and Latest Patch.

WOM is optional.

Though answered above, EB and FATW are both fully modfoldered and will not mess with each other (or with vanilla). I should know, I was the coder that modfoldered the both of them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234