Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why CA does not react on nazism

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Default Re: Why CA does not react on nazism

Quote Originally Posted by mad cat mech
    all im saying is if you have any beliefs that might be uncomfortable to others including even seemingly harmless religion. i suppose you need to keep your views to yourself on the gaming lobby. no offense meant toward anyone.

we all need to stay focused on the game and harmless topics and laguage in the game lobby. and put pressure on people who use hate or offensive language or suggestions.

Seconded!
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

a very wise guy once said:

"ignore noobs and just pwn faces"

remember these words of wisdom
    GERUDO clan tyrant

MayTheFunkBeWithYou

Was that wise guy you or a space monkey?

fluffy, destroyer of worlds
    GERUDO clan tyrant

MayTheFunkBeWithYou

Quote Originally Posted by Subedei
    I still think the use of stereotypes is not the best thing to do when it comes to topics which are highly political/ social sensitive.
    I'm not a MP player, but the title of the thread did surprise me so I gave a look. Well, I've seen several stereotypes, there. But hopefuly some people have chosen not to react too much on those. It's quite good to have people with different point of views having the opportunity of sharing this, and I'm really glad that everything there stayed "within appropriate limits". But this clearly demonstrates that what you've lived by yourself, or your parents/grandparents changes your point of view on everything... I hope everyone has learned something there, I personally did!

its not as bad as RTW...in RTW i remember this total prick who spammed anti-simetic stuff in the lobby

still i see some scary names, yesterday i saw sum1 called "CommanderRommel"
    GERUDO clan tyrant

MayTheFunkBeWithYou

i dont think rommel ever commanded an ss unit in world war 2 but he may have been a self professed nazi [not sure on this] nonetheless but it should be noted that he was enticed to commit suicide because of the feuhrers belief that he was involved in an assasination attempt.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

I don't see anything wrong with Rommel. He was a very good man, disciplined, organized, and very controlled, humane, and professional to his prisoners, unlike some other commanders who I can recall, on both sides of the fighting.

EDIT: Rommel was only a member of the Nazi Party because he had to be. He was a career soldier, a commander before the Nazi Party came to power. There wasn't really another choice of career for him to take. As I mentioned before, he did not take any role in persecution of Jews, or any other race, and was as humane as he could be towards his prisoners, under the circumstances.
    Last edited by Evil_Maniac From Mars; 04-03-2007 at 00:51.

Discipulus et Magister Member Lord Condormanius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ][GERUDO][Mojoman
    its not as bad as RTW...in RTW i remember this total prick who spammed anti-simetic stuff in the lobby

still i see some scary names, yesterday i saw sum1 called "CommanderRommel"
    There is nothing anti-semetic about a person calling himself "CommanderRommel" in the context of a war game.
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."
    -Albert Einstein

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    -Benjamin Franklin

after reading about his performance[world war 1] in the book "attacks" it is easily understandable how he sacked up so many allied units during world war 2. because he was known to be honorable and treated his prisoners well.

i can still remember reading how he and his vanguard jumped on bicycles ahead of his main body and blitzed down mountianous roads in italy overtaking an entire italian battle group with his battalion and causing them to surrender.as the bicycles went by the italians guns layed down.

and another time he had himself and a few scouts and fooled a italian formation into accepting surrender by convincing them he had them surrounded.

best general germany ever had.

New name on the racist list. Called Imperator.

thats a good way to catch em. ill have to try that sometime. did you use a camera or print screen?

simply press print button on they keyboard and paste it into irfanview or some other image tool

Thumbs down Re: Why CA does not react on nazism

Another one: SS|German|Knight aka [COJOT]Lord|Bega

#id: 3C07F2B0

Regards.

"The game [M2TW] is actually more balanced than rock/paper/scissor. Combinations that work: rock vs rock - paper vs paper - scissor vs scissor.
    A new frontier that wipes off a bunch of old concepts"
    - Machiavelli69

"Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

What???
    Its many months ago(im Alpha-Lupus) SS|German|Knight was Lord|Bega, I didnt believe you.
    I dont feel dishonoured cus he left cojot

Heres my I don't belive in nazism but I also don't belive people should be censored for what they think (no matter how stupid their beliefs are) because if we start censoring one group were going to have to censor another and another etc.... until free speech is eliminated.

We don't even have a proper (working) ban-feature. So there is really no way to ignore these kind of people.

I also believe in freedom of speech but I also want to have an option to have a rest sometimes.
    The rome lobby is a perfect example of what happens if you let people do whatever they want... cursing, typign in CAPS LOCK, nazi-paroles, people yelling "noob", "bastard" etc...

I can't agree with you. If we are shy, they think that we support them.
    Imagine situation when there are 2 nazists and 10 people just staying around.
    Nazist are starting screaming something , for example "s... h...", rest is just staying next to them and doing nothing.
    What would you think if you walk next to these people? They they support 2 bosses.

I must tell that freedom of speech must have limits. For example nowadays pedofiles from Poland locate their websites on american servers, because they are safe on american ground. Every philozophers whom 250 years ago gave ideological basement for American constitution (mostly Locke) knew that freedom of speech must be limited by freedom of other people.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by KrooK
    I can't agree with you. If we are shy, they think that we support them.
    Imagine situation when there are 2 nazists and 10 people just staying around.
    Nazist are starting screaming something , for example "s... h...", rest is just staying next to them and doing nothing.
    What would you think if you walk next to these people? They they support 2 bosses.

I must tell that freedom of speech must have limits. For example nowadays pedofiles from Poland locate their websites on american servers, because they are safe on american ground. Every philozophers whom 250 years ago gave ideological basement for American constitution (mostly Locke) knew that freedom of speech must be limited by freedom of other people.
    No limits on freedom of speech. If you don't like what someone is saying, ignore them.
    -Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin

Limitation for freedom of speech is freedom of other people.
    If you don't understand it, you don't understand freedom.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by KrooK
    Limitation for freedom of speech is freedom of other people.
    If you don't understand it, you don't understand freedom.
    You are incorrect. I understand freedom perfectly.
    -Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin

Ack Nazism disgusts me. But what disgusts me more is people saying NAzi's have a right to spew their S#$%. I say we censor them..or kill them..I like the second option.
    "The Gauls are scum..they deserve to die.Now brave romans, sons of mars....CHARGE!!!"
    -Me during the storming of Alesia.

"I came. I saw. I conquared"-Julis Ceaser

Quote Originally Posted by Genaral Julis
    Ack Nazism disgusts me. But what disgusts me more is people saying NAzi's have a right to spew their S#$%. I say we censor them..or kill them..I like the second option.
    It sounds like freedom of speech disgusts you too.
    -Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin

It has nothing to do with freedom. Total Freedom is a myth, leave one man entirely free and he will enslave a dozen others, there must be some sort of control, some sort of restriction to the weak person man is.

Nazism simply is a disgusting ideology, and I think everyone who lost someone dear to them due to a social experiment like that will agree on that.

It's the same like: Let everyone buy a gun, that's their right... ok.
    Oh, we sold some guns to a bunch of loonatics, oh, they shoot five others, well, a sacrifice on the table of freedom.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have the right to say something is right or wrong, democracy is implemented for a reason, it's about people can't do what they like all the time.

Fireblade

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius
    No limits on freedom of speech. If you don't like what someone is saying, ignore them.
    I agree with this. besides if someone is saying something and 20 other people are against him he will probably shut up on his own anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade
    It has nothing to do with freedom. Total Freedom is a myth, leave one man entirely free and he will enslave a dozen others, there must be some sort of control, some sort of restriction to the weak person man is.
    That is a bunch of baseless rhetoric.

Nazism simply is a disgusting ideology, and I think everyone who lost someone dear to them due to a social experiment like that will agree on that.
    Yes, I agree. However, that doesn't mean that people can't talk about it. Each person is entitled to his own opinion.

It's the same like: Let everyone buy a gun, that's their right... ok.
    Oh, we sold some guns to a bunch of loonatics, oh, they shoot five others, well, a sacrifice on the table of freedom.
    That is a little bit of an extreme example when talking about freedom of speech, don't you think?

I'm not saying people shouldn't have the right to say something is right or wrong, democracy is implemented for a reason, it's about people can't do what they like all the time.
    As long as it doesn't impede on anyone else, you can do whatever you want.
    -Albert Einstein

-Benjamin Franklin

You know the best cure for rascism is to ignore. I mean do you all have such thin skin that when you see someone spout off some racist rhetorik you all become insecure? My country lost 25 million to the facists, and when I see neo-nazis, I just go on by minding my own buissness. It is funny, in my country we lost so much to them but their free speech rights are more or less maintained. Haha, especially with regard to Kasparov!!! Ha, poor hack!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenic_Hoplite
    I agree with this. besides if someone is saying something and 20 other people are against him he will probably shut up on his own anyway.
    Problem is that someone are not really nazi nor racist, but only want attention. A kind of baby who never grow up. If the only solution for someone who spew nazi-talk on lobby is the angry response of 20 people, then you will see those babies stir up just to see 20 angry people. The same who talk nazi would be the same who swear, etc. just to see 20 people shout "shut up" at them.

The "ignore" feature is a powerful thing, if implemented correctly. The ultimate penalty for a gamer is that he/she cannot join games if frequent hosts ban them from the games and good players ignore them.

I don't know why TW lobby is reimplemented for worse since R:TW.

Active policing, such as giving some people the power to ban other people, may lead to abuse. Abuse of power is worse sometimes.

Annik
    Last edited by LadyAnn; 12-18-2007 at 07:18.
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

all hail the ignore feature

Anime Nerd Member Kenshin the vega bound's Avatar

Dont feed the troll.

This is the sort of reaction this person is aimming for. If he sees this thread he will be laughing his ass off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast