Thread: Why CA does not react on nazism

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why CA does not react on nazism

I sometimes see guys called Phantom or similar.
    I'm almost sure he is German.
    He enter game and start telling nazism propaganda. Something like sieg heil, SS, hitler, himmler and similar. I wonder why chat monitor or gs staff does not react on these situation. I have seen that guy about 5 times and gs staff did nothing. They didn't even ban his account.
    I wonder if CA know that public supporting nazism is crime.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Default Re: Why CA does not react on nazism

Where do you live, Krook? In America at least, that freedom is allowed us. And CA is an american group.
    First Secretary Rodion Malinovsky of the C.P.S.U.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86316

12th Century Glory!
    http://z14.invisionfree.com/12th_Cen...d7dc28&act=idx

"I can do anything I want, I'm eccentric! HAHAHA!"-Rat Race

Do you think the Golden Rule should apply to masochists as well?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature. yes that's right i dont listen rap..

Quote Originally Posted by Derfasciti
    Where do you live, Krook? In America at least, that freedom is allowed us. And CA is an american group.
    No, they're British with a Aussie office too.

And nazism is complete and utter bollucks, so someone should give the kid a slap just for being to stupid. But more officially its racism, amongst other things. Free speech is one thing, racism is quite another.

Oh and Krook is Polish, so you can understand why he would feel particularly strongly about this.

Anyway krook best thing to do is to report his gs id, he'll probably make another, but its worth a ago

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch
    No, they're British with a Aussie office too.

And nazism is complete and utter bollucks, so someone should give the kid a slap just for being to stupid. But more officially its racism, amongst other things. Free speech is one thing, racism is quite another.

Oh and Krook is Polish, so you can understand why he would feel particularly strongly about this.

Anyway krook best thing to do is to report his gs id, he'll probably make another, but its worth a ago
    Surely they can catch his IP whenever he uses that account?
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope - Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

just put him on ban and ignore and kick him from any games he enters. It will take the community as a whole to get rid of him, but it can be done.

Is the ban and ignore function in M2TW permanent like with STW/MTW?

I haven't had the occasion to use it much yet.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

I wrote e-mail to CA. As for now - no reply. Looks like its ok for them if someone glorify nazism on their forum.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by KrooK
    I wrote e-mail to CA. As for now - no reply. Looks like its ok for them if someone glorify nazism on their forum.
    You try posting "I love Nazi's" on .com, I know about 15 mods that will ban you before you even pressed submit

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

The most effective course of action is peer pressure. If there's an ignore function use it, any attention in the chat is exactly what they seek, don't give them what they want. Refuse to play in any game the perpetrators join or host. After being totally ignored for awhile they tend to go elsewhere.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Quote Originally Posted by Stig
    You try posting on .com, I know about 15 mods that will ban you before you even pressed submit
    Corrected the quote a little

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

Since there is an ignore function in the M2TW lobby, this problem should be moot.

If any of you remember what happened the last time someone made a point to complain about Rome's lobby, you would be very careful how you approached CA on this issue. For those who aren't aware of what CA did to the Rome lobby when someone threatened a lawsuit (or at the very least, bad publicity), CA closed down the lobby completely. Then reinstated the lobby, minus the ability to chat within the lobby for quite a long time.

If a big issue is made of this, you may have to decide if you would rather just put this nazi-spouting idiot on ignore or do without the chat function. If you choose the latter, then you are punishing the wrong people and not the trouble maker.

You can't expect others to fight all your battles, especially when there is a remedy available for you to eliminate the problem (the ignore command).

I can guarantee CA will overreact on this issue if pressed.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Sorry but I can't agree with previous post. We have our laws and our rights to use them.
    CA blocked ability of using some words, why they can't some add others like
    "heil hitler".
    Actually into Poland that behavior would be very good reason to put lawsuit againts both that Germand and CA. CA must know that they are responsible for words on their lobby. So if we can't say "shit" - "heil hitler" should be blocked too.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

So how come? You asked him? He/she told you?

Don´t get me wrong, I dislike/take an active stand against Nazis, Nationalists & the like. But on the other hand: I am sick of statements like that. Somebody writes some BS, "Yeah, he gotta be German! cos that is where all Nazis are".
    This does not come up to the complexity of the whole problem. Yes, there are right wingers in Germany, that is a fact. Sad and true, BUT:

One of the problems is, that they get their "propaganda staff" from outside of Germany, as the distribution is forbidden in this country. Another problem: they often have their meetings in neighboring countries [e.g. Netherlands, Poland, Denmark...] and these countries do not really react with police or something. they tolerate.
    Just look at organizations like the unbelievably stupid & violent Hammerskins...U get them for free in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Poland, ...u call it. Police hunted them down in Germany btw.
    Some of the leaders live outside of Germany to avoid prison. But still manage their organizations from outside. The hosting countries don´t/can´t do anything against those guys.

2 sum things up: you gotta fight the international network to get ahold of the whole problem. If that was possible....i doubt it.

And I wanted to add: good job KrooK.
    Last edited by Subedei; 03-07-2007 at 11:33.
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

true dat

most germans carry a lot of guilt over there past history. they are not the same people they once were.however i do think they are a bunch of arrogant UN philes

Thx mad, where are you from i want to generate a random insult too (dont take me too serious )

@subedei,krook, and others who care about this:

the guy is called {DHD_PHANTOM_DHD}, at least something like this, not sure about the { and _ and so on but thats pretty near to his lobby nick.

and yes, he is german, and yes he writes anti jewish, anti muslim anti normal people stuff. he never said, im a nazi or something like that but thats close to what he is. the number of people like him grow here in germany. uneducated, dumb, idiots... dont know what to do with themselfs, become racists to pretend to be at least something more than scum, but thats what they really are.

i told him already hes a god damn xxxxx. well but u cant talk to this people, he wanted to have my adress to do funny stuff with me and/or my mother... well i gave it to him... he didnt show up yet... good for him and his health.

edit: and plz... people like Derfasciti just go away and keep playing second wolrd war in your virginia forrests... you dont have any clue about racism, nazism and what they really mean to society.
    Last edited by ELITEofBLIZZARD; 03-07-2007 at 15:12.

@ KrooK: O.k., so here is PROOF he is German. Bad enough.
    @ELITEofBLIZZARD:
    Right...we have that tendency when it comes to some [not the majority] poor uneducated people. Oh, and yes, most of them Righties tend to be cowards when it comes to make a stand, except if they are in groups.
    "DHD = Deutsche Haudegen"...for god´s sake....

Are there more of these "people" on MP?!? Never been there so I don´t know....

Me is off think about other, nicer things e.g. Liverpool whooping Barca yesterday....and maybe Bayern winning 2nite.....
    Last edited by Subedei; 03-07-2007 at 16:17.

A couple of things:
    1. Swearing doesn't help, you will only make sure that chat is disabled again .. as it was in RTW.
    2. He might me German, but that doesn't matter. There are loads of good Germans, no need to go after all of them.
    3. There's nothing wrong with recreating the world war in real life. I believe people also play games as Battlefield 1942, Company of Heroes, and all sorts of WW2 games.
    4. You can't do anything against it. Only solution is putting them is concentration camps, as the Boers and Jews were put into camps, and even that didn't work.
    Last edited by Stig; 03-07-2007 at 15:29.

Temper, temper my young friend. May I remind you of your first post:
    I already said that he was German. ALMOST is not 100% sure...or am I wrong here???? 2 me it sounded like a guess....
    Last edited by Subedei; 03-08-2007 at 09:44.