Thread: The Lands to Conquer Mod

Default The Lands to Conquer Mod

Im thinkin about downloading it, but i just want some feedback on how it is and how much it improves gameplay. Does it help the problem with the ai stabbing you in the back any? Just a little bit helps. Does it also have the enemy attack you with more than just 3-4 unit armies? Overall does it make the game more enjoyable?

drugi Rudolf Maister Member zstajerski's Avatar

Default Re: The Lands to Conquer Mod

yes it is quite a good mode, i only mind that there are too many recruitment slots in castles...
    But i love that you are able to recruite 1 unit of heavy infatry which was prior recruited only in castles... (So when gunpowder comes you can have more citys than before (castles just dont maek enough money)

I really like it combined with shaba's diplomacy mod and heraldry 2.0. The army composition later in the game is also great. Its 1257 in my current portugal campaign and my enemies use armored sergeants and knights with crossbowmen for their army make up. Much more challenging. I definitely recommend this mod.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Check out the LTC sub forum at TWc for more feedback on the mod:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=302

It has its problems, but it's also more enjoyable than vanilla game.
    Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch

I'm about 100 hundred years into my first campaign with it so I cant really give a accurate critique of it yet but it definetely has some things that are better than the vanilla game.

I chose the English to try first since England is what I consider a easy faction to play in MTW2. So far only one country has outright attacked me and that was the French and it took them longer to do so than in most of the vanilla campaigns I've played England as. Allied with the Papacy as my normal routine of play but I purposely stayed neutral to all other factions and none of them have attacked me. Not sure if this is a fluke or not because its my first campaign with LtC. As I said I need to play alot more before saying one way or another. However I do like how so far I'm not fighting everyone at once.

The changes to the units are nice and I'm liking how Priests, spies, diplomats, merchants, knights, and generals are working. I also like how there are more recruit slots in the cities and castles. I dont mind the higher costs of buildings but I dont really care for the longer build times on some of them. However I do understand that was a intentional design included to slow down things so the AI could have time to build up and make better armies to fight against later on. So far this looks to be working as intended.

Thats my pre-opinion of the LtC mod so far but as I said I need to play alot more before getting more opinionated than that. Lusted is definetely onto something with this mod.

I definitely agree , the recruiting options (at least as Venice) are more logical and the economic makeup IMHO much better for an experienced player. Strategic concerns both local and general are enhanced and more challenging and progress is much slower due to this combination.

In fact I'd consider of any tw series game I've played this is the most challenging and thoughtful. My second would be my first try at WRE in RTW-BI.
    Such is life- Ned Kelly -his last words just before he was hanged.

Hey Guys,

RE: Lands to Conquer Mod

I just downloaded lustys mod for MTW2 'lands to Conquer' as i was fed up with lots of aspects of the vanilla version, plus i always seem to have bugs and other issues with it when compared to RTW which ive found very robust; ive played Rome Total Realism, Middle Earth Mod Forth Eorlingas and a Napoleonic one.

I wasnt able to find a direct help guide for your mod but what enticed me was the fact you said that you had slowed down time, thats always been my beef with MTW2, that before you have settled into enjoying Armour its already Gunpowder year so i liked the fact your mod changed each year to include summer and winter...

However im wondering if i have got it wrong, ive just been playing for the last 30 minutes and instead of slowing down time it seems to make it faster, when i click the end turn button it jumps 2 years rather than 1 is this right?

so for example it went from 1081 to 1083 and its been doing it every year, jumping 2 years and that seems to me to defeat the objective (for me anyway) and if thats the case my game will be very short :)

Is this a bug in my game or is this how its meant to be? I have been unable to find an answer to this on the forum so if you could let me know before i become too engrossed in it that would be cool...

DrGary
    Norfolk UK
    DrGary
    Norfolk
    UK

Thumbs up Re: The Lands to Conquer Mod

LTC by Lusted inc.

V 2.3 jumps 1.5 years per turn if i am not mistaken.

It is a very good mod, easy to install, works a treat.
    Lusted has always made a point of releasing (were possible) bug free versions of his game mods, and is an old hand, at modding the MTW games.

Personally,

I use parts of his modds in my own personal game, within my own setup. Why i certianly don't always agree with his changes, eg: 1.5 year turns, units stats, et cetera, these are minor, and i have pre modded files to replace them.
    But I certianly know the quality of his work, as above I use parts of his mod in my mod. What better way to say good work.

Anyway, If i was to recommend a mod?

Lands to Conquer.....by Lusted inc.

Stable, clean, not Chunky, nice peice of work.

fenir

Lusted, I will post you the invoice for the above
    Time is but a basis for measuring Susscess. Fenir Nov 2002.

Mr R.T.Smith > So you going to Charge in the Brisbane Office with your knights?.....then what?
    fenir > hmmmm .....Kill them, kill them all.......let sega sort them out.

Well thats it, 6 years at university, 2 degrees and 1 post grad diploma later OMG! I am so Anal!
    I should have been a proctologist! Not an Accountant......hmmmmm maybe some cross over there?

Excellent i must admit it looks good but fen could you show me how to alter the speed of the game, either through one of your mods or through altering some game file, id like to drop the speed down to 2 seasons per year like RTW or even extend time longer...

regards,

gary
    DrGary
    Norfolk
    UK

Glad you are enjoying my mod guys.

ps. fenir, your cheque is in the post.

yes but how can i altar the time, id like to change the year turning time cycle in game, how can i do that Lusted or Fenrir :)
    DrGary
    Norfolk
    UK

descr_strat.txt in landstoconquer\data\world\maps\camapign\imperial_campaign and you need to edit the timescale line.

I:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\fenirtotalwar\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

open this file..... descr_strat

Look at the top of the page.......down about 8 cm

and you will find this...underneath the playable and non playable factions listings

start_date 1080 summer
    end_date 1580 winter
    timescale 1.00 <=====change this to 0.50

So it looks like this......

start_date 1080 summer
    end_date 1580 winter
    timescale 0.50 <=====change this to 0.50

hope that helps.
    I personally use 1 turn per year on my mod. But am making a mod for 1204AD which will use 0.5 season changes.
    Really because I want to see how well I do trying to save the Roman Empire. Yeah alright, i have problems.

anyway, i hope that helps.

fenir
    Time is but a basis for measuring Susscess. Fenir Nov 2002.

Mr R.T.Smith > So you going to Charge in the Brisbane Office with your knights?.....then what?
    fenir > hmmmm .....Kill them, kill them all.......let sega sort them out.

Well thats it, 6 years at university, 2 degrees and 1 post grad diploma later OMG! I am so Anal!
    I should have been a proctologist! Not an Accountant......hmmmmm maybe some cross over there?

Im not a modder so i wouldnt attempt to compete with the excellent work of you fellas but heres a question:

is it possible to safely change the start and end date of campaigns or is that heavily tied into Vanilla Code...

I just feel the medieval campaign passes really quickly and id like to see how far i could reduce it up or down to extend playability :)

my question also applies to the seasonal time as well...

regards,

G
    DrGary
    Norfolk
    UK

I actually didn't think that the Eastern factions played as well under this mod as in the 1.3 patched game. That said it is still a very nice mod.

I would have liked Anno Domini better except it just moves so slow.

I have played it several times but I did change the time scale to a 1 year per turn.

Something I don't like that appears to be hard coded into this game is that unlike MTW changing the time scale or the start date does NOT delay the Mongol's arrival. They come in at what appears to be about the 70 turn mark regardless of the date you start or the length of the turns.
    Last edited by Gray Beard; 09-19-2007 at 01:25.
    Gray Beard
    Byzantium, Forever and Ever

Dear Elenar:

Good afternoon from Canada!!! I hope this finds you and yours well.

King Elenar, you can't get it any better than the latest edition of LTC!!!!! In hopes of NOT EMBARRASSING him, I feel that Lusted has outdone himself with his latest mod!!!! Better yet, for those of us who ARE NOT ZIP UTILITY FRIENDLY, he has made sure that it was very easy to download.

You can't go wrong with this mod!!! You get all factions, and with his latest edition, he has made it as historically accurate as possible. When factions have been wiped out, you'll not see their shield among the factions (i.e. Sicily).

I can only humbly bow to Lusted and his creativity, historical knowledge and his computer programming expertise!!!!

I thank him for his improvements on Medieval 2!!!

Live lon and prosper, take care and thank you kindly!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

LTC is a very good Mod. I was immediately impressed by the changes to the Strategic Map game play.

One thing to be wary of however, is that enemy Assassins are quite deadly in LTC, and you will need to guard your Family Members with BOTH Spies and Assassins. This is something that ought to be mentioned in LTC's Readme.

I presently play LTC 3.1 with Real Combat 1.2 modded on top, which works very nicely for me.

Being a bit of a history buff, I'm thinking of tinkering further with recruitment slots and build times to balance the AI Armies more towards their historical composition.

I think that LTC is great too. BIG improvement on vanilla.

I want to add Real Combat on top as I've seen mentioned above, however the download instructions say-"Make sure you are running the game with --io.file_first if in the M2TW/data folder".

I have no idea what that means! Should that line be aded to LTC.cnfg?
    M2TWpreferences.cfg?

Any help??

Quote Originally Posted by Cid
    I want to add Real Combat on top as I've seen mentioned above, however the download instructions say-"Make sure you are running the game with --io.file_first if in the M2TW/data folder".

I have no idea what that means! Should that line be aded to LTC.cnfg?
    M2TWpreferences.cfg?

Not in this case. You'll be installing Real Combat into the 'data' sub directory of the LTC mod, rather than the games default 'data' directory, so the --io.file_first option is not required.

Default AW: Re: The Lands to Conquer Mod

Hey all!
    I installed LTC Gold a few days ago and everything is fine and i really like this mod but i have one problem that's destroying much of the atmosphere of the game:

I have the german version of M2TW and so i have a mixed language LTC mod. But that isn't the problem for me. What annoys me is that the danes (and probably some more factions, haven't tried them all) miss all their sound files. Princesses, armies, spies and even the men on the battlefield stay quiet when i click them. Also in my current campaign with sicily (where all other sounds seem to be ok at least) the pre-battle speeches are -partially- missing. I'm around turn 100 or so and i heard only like 2 of them...

So could someone who's more handy with modding tell me if it's possible to bring the voices and pre-battle speeches back to the danes and all the other factions who are missing them?

Help me please, i don't wanna go back to vanilla M2TW! :)

In theory you could use the unpacker to access the relevant sound files and then copy them into LTC's data folder.

Default AW: Re: The Lands to Conquer Mod

Can you or someone else tell me what the relevant sound files are?

I went back to M2TW with only the AI files of LTC in the meantime but it would be great if i could fully enjoy the LTC mod again...

(I'm not at home this week so i won't be able to post here again before friday, just that you know) :)
    Last edited by Grombeard; 03-03-2008 at 08:08.