Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: EB Unit Development Art

Default Re: EB Unit Development Art

I loove the griffin helmet and the fancy red shoes are awesome.

Caractacos is getting better drawing horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduorius
    Caractacos is getting better drawing horses.
    wait until you see the next one, then you'll see just how good he has become at drawing horses.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

lol, nice slippers

Awesome drawing! Can't wait to see it.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

beautiful

!!! PONTOS FTW!!!! It looks soo.... By Athena's Spear its beautiful.

xprime is working on it for us, but he's been pretty busy lately.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

I can imagine. Say, the point in the guy having that bronze-laminate sleeve on just the left arm wouldn't happen to be the troublesome rein hand being defended without having to pay much attention to it ?
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

great unit people, i think it fit very well with the pontic bodyguards, it is totally Baroque (love it!)

(chiesa di San Gregorio/Santa Patrizia - im from THE city of the Baroque, im very sensible to that colours)

im sure i was dressed like that 200+ lives ago...
    times are mature for a pahlava one? (if the next one is a pahlav general, please announce it before to post it, so to taste the think better)

PS: just for speculation, is it possible to have in rtw different generals for faction, for example for different periods? (an early general and a late general?) just for speculation, not demanding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelics
    PS: just for speculation, is it possible to have in rtw different generals for faction, for example for different periods? (an early general and a late general?) just for speculation, not demanding it.
    Unfortunately no, that isn't possible.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Marzbân-î Jundîshâpûr Member The Persian Cataphract's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    I can imagine. Say, the point in the guy having that bronze-laminate sleeve on just the left arm wouldn't happen to be the troublesome rein hand being defended without having to pay much attention to it ?
    Largely correct, though Xenophon does refer to it as "The Arm".

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

I think this is great......really nice.....one very picky point about the character......and this is so picky its silly and I will apologise in advance but....is the scabbard the right shape for that type of sword?

....the horse does need work but horses are notoriously bloody hard to draw....even stubbs doesnt get the right everytime.

...but if you ever wanted reference for a generals horse...

...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stubbs

...now the one half way down with your general on him would be very very nice indeed.....

very nice work leep it up :)

Mister of the Universe!!! Member Caratacos's Avatar

Smile Re: EB Unit Development Art

Thanks Hfox (for the Link).

About the scabbard shape. You have to remember that the sword will have to slide in and out of it as easily as it can. If it was the same shape you wouldn't be able to get the larger end of the makaira out of the then neck-- unless the size was exagerrated quite a bit. But yes i'm not too happy with it as it is (size and shape). If i get time i'll fix it. Perfectionism is a time consuming hobby
    Last edited by Caratacos; 03-11-2007 at 20:17.

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

I can't wait to see these units in future builds of EB.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Caratacos has gotten some more work done for us, so we'll move yet another one of his unit development pics into the open forum. These really are showing a dramatic change in his style and ability I think, and this is his best yet possibly. It depicts our designs for the Hayasdan family member (which shares a model with the Pontic General you recently saw).

You can't tell me Caratacos isn't teh bomb. He's putting pressure on our model and texture guys now with these glorious images too - hard to live up to his art.

Unfortunately, it is so incredibly colorful that the EB member signature banner version of it that we now release has to be heavily desaturated so that it will fit under the size limit for sig banners here at the org. Otherwise the compression was really awful and ruined the whole thing. Here is the version we will use on other fora so you can see how cool it is (39kb):

Here is the one you will see here (10kb):

By the way, his next ones are really incredible too - can't wait to show more of them!
    Last edited by Teleklos Archelaou; 03-16-2007 at 16:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou

By the way, his next ones are really incredible too - can't wait to show more of them!
    Feel free to show them then!
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

The best is yet to Come! Honest!

I must say that the HAI kings can now shine in all their splendor! Caratacos has done it again!
    Last edited by keravnos; 03-15-2007 at 23:42.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Pssst... TA, have it changed to the newest version, this is the one with the faulty title. When you have changed it, remove this post

"Fortunate is every man who in purity and truth recognizes valiance and prevents it from becoming bravado" - Âriôbarzanes of the Sûrên-Pahlavân

Quote Originally Posted by The Persian Cataphract
    Pssst... TA, have it changed to the newest version, this is the one with the faulty title. When you have changed it, remove this post
    You're right, there were a few teensie touch-ups on the new one as well.

Code Red. Code Red. We got a leak, the cover-up has been blown, pull back, pull back

Damn it, I wanted the cover-up to go smoothly, but nooo... You just came along with your 250 page report on the scandal, immortalizing it to the public

Hey I don't remember that dust trail being there before....something fishy is going on here... quick call the papers!
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Wow. Makes me proud to be an Armenian seeing an ancestor like that. Absolutely beautiful Caratacos! From the shoes to the beard and face, you've really captured the essence of a great Hye leader. Thank you! I can not wait to see this unit in-game.

Got it, I see that there were some shading changes and the title was a little off. The proper one is now in place here.

WHY THE F**** DIDN'T I KNOW OF THIS THREAD BEFORE!!!!

Its freaking awesome Nice work dude.

Let me ask you, How long does it takes you to do them?

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland
    Wow. Makes me proud to be an Armenian seeing an ancestor like that. Absolutely beautiful Caratacos! From the shoes to the beard and face, you've really captured the essence of a great Hye leader. Thank you! I can not wait to see this unit in-game.
    I always get an itchy feeling about this sort of attitude, but I'll give you he has that "ancient feudal warlord" thing down.

Caracatos still needs to work on his horses tho'. Especially the part where the neck joins the body. Having doodled a few horsies myself over time I know all too well how annoyingly complicated that part is, and can only wish him good luck and perseverance.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSpartan
    Nice work dude.

Let me ask you, How long does it takes you to do them?
    Thanks. Well it all depends on the detail of the unit (these amoured horses take much longer than a half naked celt, for instance. Painting is the longest part and can take up to 6 hours or so. The sketches take anywhere from 20-60 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchman
    Caracatos still needs to work on his horses tho'. Especially the part where the neck joins the body. Having doodled a few horsies myself over time I know all too well how annoyingly complicated that part is, and can only wish him good luck and perseverance.
    Yeah. I find i can draw naked horses much easier (), adorning them in stuff becomes tricky as you have to think about perspective and anatomy more. I shal persevere
    Last edited by Caratacos; 03-16-2007 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Caratacos
    Thanks. Well it all depends on the detail of the unit (these amoured horses take much longer than a half naked celt, for instance. Painting is the longest part and can take up to 6 hours or so. The sketches take anywhere from 20-60 minutes.

Yeah. I find i can draw naked horses much easier (), adorning them in stuff becomes tricky as you have to think about perspective and anatomy more. I shal persevere
    Thats good man, but I can garantee that it will start taking u less time as you keep painting.

I gotta say, I am inspired now the only thing that sucks for me its that I can't do a horse (yet)

But where can I see the full ROMANI in ur sig????

The Spartan and the Roman I did especially for the sigs (as people were demanding them-- myself included). So they aren't full units (and both already in game).

Dang I want those sigs....

Quote Originally Posted by Caratacos
    The Spartan and the Roman I did especially for the sigs (as people were demanding them-- myself included). So they aren't full units (and both already in game).
    Dang it! Well its all good, the Sig its awesome!

Beautiful work, they all look unbelievably professional!
    Marching around as:

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast