Thread: Nubia Movement

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Nubia Movement

For some reason in Kush my movement is seriously deminished (as Romans). It doesn't seem to be trait related (Captains are slow too) nor is it terrain related, the same terrain is in the next territory over and movement is really easy there.
    Here is a screenshot:

The captain chooses to go completely around the province rather than step into it.

What is up with this? And is there a way to make this happen elsewhere, like between the Tripoli and Cyrene?

(Movement is slow for me in Getai too, but I think I just have a couple of slow generals, I'll look into that later.)

Default Re: Nubia Movement

Could it be terrain related? I see this a lot all over africa. Maybe infrastructure related?

Usually, in deserts, this only happens to Generals.
    But captains too?

Let me see

1-It could be an insane bug
    2-It could be a landblock to stop you from conquering desert provinces, but as far as I know that only applies to the province SAHARA
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

it seems to make sense to me...look at that terrian

The unit is avoiding the barren desert, but his alternative is still half barren hills. Travel in that sorta climate and terrain for Romans should definetly not be easy.

As I recall, Herodotus mentions an Arab king lining the desert with camels carrying water so the Persian army could the otherwise impossible landscape.

...it could still be a bug though, hah, so in case the EB team fixes this:

please fix the terrain in nubia so romans cannot cross it easily

The armies (Family lead and Captain) are slowed everwhere in the province though. On green, on brown, on grey, following the Nile, walking down the road, everywhere it seems...

I'm building paved roads in Kush just to help a little, even though the town isn't really happy and I should be building bonus structures.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 02-16-2007 at 21:54.

I have a theory on this. Remember that territory in vanilla north of the "Scythians"? The one with "Amazons"? Movement in that territory was terribly slow. Maybe the game thinks Kush is that territory.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Nubia Movement

In my vanilla RTW the problem province was that of the Iazyges between Dakia and Boihaemum. Travel there was incredibly slow and I couldnt build forts or watchtowers. Btw, your empire looks fantastic, MAA.

Default Re: AW: Nubia Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus
    In my vanilla RTW the problem province was that of the Iazyges between Dakia and Boihaemum. Travel there was incredibly slow and I couldnt build forts or watchtowers. Btw, your empire looks fantastic, MAA.
    Yeah, I can't build towers or fort their either. I forgot to mention that.

Btw, Thanks. I've conquered Getai and Koile Getai plus everything from the Rhine to the Elbe since then.
    Oh, and Armenia.

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

The province probably flooded, I think there is a bug in RTW where a province floods, then it never goes away, inhibiting movement, and making it so you can't build forts or towers.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s