Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of character thread II

Default Re: Out of character thread II

I understand completely. I hope you will have great vacation m8! In character i tend to be very gloomy about the situation,in reality i dont think we are not in world of hurt yet. Ituralde could sally out and crush the Venetians in Astria since the Venetians are in two separate armies. Im just little worried about the Venetian army coming from the Adriatic cost towards Northern Italy.But with two turns before it reaches Northern Italy we should have more troops in hand and also GH´s bodyguard unit in better shape.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

GH, where's your report of the assault on Genoa? It sounds as if it's very interesting.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have the screenshots and everything, I just lack the time to write it.

Hopefully I can find the time to do it tonight (GMT-5) but if not, then definitely tomorrow. I wish to do it justice.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

AM I still part of this?

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

I daresay that's up to you, would you like to ?

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Ya!

But I am not mentioned on the people who are playing list???

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Hi Warluster, you'd missed two voting sessions and not spoken during the relevant period so I took you off the playlist as being inactive; you're back on it now. I know it's a pain waiting for avatars, but they will come. The best way to ration them out is probably to give them to the avatar-less players who are most active.

4th Elector of Austria Member Verdizzy's Avatar

This looks like a very interesting game. I'd love to join in if it's not too late. Can anyone bring me up to speed on what I need to do to join in?

Thanks!

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome Verdizzy, Jalf, Bizzair, and anyone else I missed!

The first post in this thread should tell you a lot. To get up to speed on what's currently happening, I suggest you read the Chancellor Reports Thread as well as the Imperial Library (stickied). Once you know what you're doing, feel free to post in-character in the Imperial Diet deliberations.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Welcome, Verdizzy - all you need to do is pick a House and post your choice here. You'd be made an Elector of that House, with full rights to vote and pontificate in the Diet; in due course, you'll be given an avatar (general).

I recommend reading up some of the more recent Chancellor's reports and Diet deliberations, posting in character when you feel comfortable doing so.

Alrite, I am home!

Time to read every thread that has KotR at the front ;)
    Third Elector of Austria

Okay.. I have read.

I am still kinda of confused as to where I start. Will I have my own character in the Imperial Library, and will my name be listed with my own general.

And where do I start, just get right in with negotiating new Laws etc. Not much I can do is there but do that for now.
    Third Elector of Austria

Blog Entries

Thanks to Tamur's tireless efforts, we now have M2TW avatars available to use. Do we want to do the same thing as Will of the Senate and pick the avatars that correspond with our character?

4th Elector of Austria Member Verdizzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by econ21
    Welcome, Verdizzy - all you need to do is pick a House and post your choice here. You'd be made an Elector of that House, with full rights to vote and pontificate in the Diet; in due course, you'll be given an avatar (general).

I recommend reading up some of the more recent Chancellor's reports and Diet deliberations, posting in character when you feel comfortable doing so.
    I'd like to join the House of Austria.

Alrite, I am stil lvery confused as to where to start. I am kinda clueless as to what has happened in the past, and where I go abouts first

for ex. To start laws etc and debate. What do I refer to myself as, and what are my powers/responsibilities/tasks?
    Third Elector of Austria

Is there a single place to always find the most recent savegame? (I'm guessing http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Up.../pbmupload.php, but would be nice to be sure I'm not wasting my time looking at obsolete campaign maps... ;))

Blog Entries

Bizzair - In time, you'll get your own avatar. But right now there's a wait. Right now, the Diet isn't in session (that is, we don't get to propose edicts) but we do get to comment on what's currently going on (war with Milan and Venice).

Jalf - The latest savegame, the list of which can be found via the "View Upload Directory" link on that page, is kotr1124-2.zip.

Everyone can see the new recruits and their names (e.g. Verdizzy is now the 4th Elector of Austria etc) in the updated table here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...81&postcount=1

Ignoramus: what's the status with your computer woes and indeed of the campaign? We can't afford a substantial pause in the game for technical reasons at this stage in the campaign. Please let us know when you can resume playing; if it is too long to wait, we may have to think about alternative arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Thanks to Tamur's tireless efforts, we now have M2TW avatars available to use. Do we want to do the same thing as Will of the Senate and pick the avatars that correspond with our character?
    I have to stick to my robes but yes, people with generals can now use their portraits as their Org avatars.
    Last edited by econ21; 02-20-2007 at 09:16.

I'm back. I have just started again. Get ready for some shocks, mein electors.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Welcome to the House of Austria Verdizzy!
    You have chosen well!

I'm also looking forward to the reports of GH and Ignoramus. Seems like we're in on something here. The game's progressing nicely I'd say!
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Oh and Ituralde, the three companies of Venetian Armoured Sergeants near Vienna have moved. So I think you've no better time to sally.

Great... tell me when I'm supposed to attack!
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

—chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    I'm back. I have just started again. Get ready for some shocks, mein electors.
    Hi Ignoramus,

I getting a little worried :)

Shocked is one thing, but not knowing is just killing me!!

You are going to go out and attack the Venetians Ituralde? I though the match up was not good.

What is the composition of the Venetian stack?

Is everyone dead or something?

It seems like a grave yard in here

Ignoramus is on Australian time, so I guess he's asleep right now. I've just taken Dijon; I'll write a short battle report, but it was so tense I did not take any good screenshots.

I'm dead, yes. Died late last week... ;)

Hi Econ,

Ok that explains it.

Sounds like you had a close shave. I still wondering when there will be a lose by someone.

...and Jalf, well you certainly doing well considering...

Augustus Sempronius Member StoneCold's Avatar

There was 1 major defeat in WoTS, cause the person who was playing it lost interest and the game was forced into autoresolved. End up in a good bit of drama where a trial, re-enactment of the battle and punishment to the avatar... Very nice storyline. Also I forgot who is the player that lost 3 generals in succession and all of them as co-consul. But he was always fighting seriously outnumbered and he didn't use the pause button if I remember correctly. Fun time though. :)

Hi StoneCold,

That's interesting to hear. What would you describe as the percentages of total loses by human players in that game?

Good morning guys, I'll get a lot more done today.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast