Thread: 0.81 Campaign selection bug?

Default 0.81 Campaign selection bug?

I hate to be the one to rain on the parade, but I have just fired up 0.81 and I cant seem to start a new campaign.
    I have played a custom battle, so the game works, but when I select a campaign and press the arrow in the bottom right corner to start campaign, I get back to the main menu. And I cant seem to break out of this loop...
    Is this a known problem, a corrupt installation or what?
    I will uninstall and reinstall RTW and EB just in case, but I thought I would flag it up.

And quick battle just sent me CTD...
    Last edited by Kugutsu; 02-18-2007 at 13:20.

Default Re: 0.81 Campaign selection bug?

I am playing with BI. No problem to start a campaign. to the EB team, and everyone involved. It is beyond awesome.

The only "bug" I have encountered, is that "Apollinia" is refered to in the Epeiros Victory Conditions. It should be Ambrakia.
    Last edited by d'Arthez; 02-18-2007 at 13:30.

I'll give that a try, since I am reinstalling anyway, I'll install BI too...

I am checking with the regular RomeTW (1.5) now. Custom battles seem to be running (test battle AS vs. Pontos)

But BI would not cure the error message you got. As for one reason or the other the file is not there or not installed correctly. Your nstallation may have gone wrong?

I get the same bug too, using BI. Maybe I shall just reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kugutsu
    I hate to be the one to rain on the parade, but I have just fired up 0.81 and I cant seem to start a new campaign.
    I have played a custom battle, so the game works, but when I select a campaign and press the arrow in the bottom right corner to start campaign, I get back to the main menu. And I cant seem to break out of this loop...
    Is this a known problem, a corrupt installation or what?
    I will uninstall and reinstall RTW and EB just in case, but I thought I would flag it up.

And quick battle just sent me CTD...

Did by any chanche you instal above your existing 0,80?
    I did it with the the same result. But when i tryed with a completely new instalation it works perfect.

BTW. Many thanks to EB Team, you are my favorite team.
    Things as they say can only go better, sometimes...

Well, a clean install of RTW, BI, Patch 1.6 , EB0.8 and then 0.81 seems to do the trick!
    Not sure whether BI is neccessary, but it works anyway.

I have the same problem. I had EB 0.8 installed and it worked perfectly yesternday. Upgraded to 0.81 and I can play custom battles but not start a campaign. When I exit after trzing to start the campaign I get an error message "celtic chariot chwmdjvbhsomething" not found o,O
    My first balloon:

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Try deleting map.rwm, you should find it in:
    your rtw, EB folder/EB/Data/world/maps/base
    Don't worry about deleting it, the game should generate a new one. Hopefully a better one this time.

I did that already. didn't help unfortunately. was the first thing I tried before posting here :(
    My first balloon:

Than you must have had a bad install. Try reïnstalling 0.8 and 0.81. It should work then.

Ok I reinstalled 0.8 then 0.81. Still I can't get it to work. I always get the message> "error in creating world. description for "celtic chariot blablabla" not found.
    My first balloon:

Quote Originally Posted by d'Arthez
    I am playing with BI. No problem to start a campaign. to the EB team, and everyone involved. It is beyond awesome.

The only "bug" I have encountered, is that "Apollinia" is refered to in the Epeiros Victory Conditions. It should be Ambrakia.
    Being new to all of this, I am puzzled by this comment.

I installed EB and I run EB by clicking on the EB icon. Since I have RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6 installed, which of these is being run when I start EB by clicking on the EB icon?

BTW I haven't put .81 on yet. I downloaded the update for .80.

Even though I installed RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6 just last week and have only installed EB and FE (in separate mod folders) should I need to uninstall and re-install?

My system should be clean, I would think.

I'd advise to reinstall anyway. Mine was also just a week old and I had to reinstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by L.C.Cinna
    I have the same problem. I had EB 0.8 installed and it worked perfectly yesternday. Upgraded to 0.81 and I can play custom battles but not start a campaign. When I exit after trzing to start the campaign I get an error message "celtic chariot chwmdjvbhsomething" not found o,O
    did you instal 0.81 to the RTW folder or EB folder? It should bz instaled in to the RTW folder, not EB subfolder. Maybe there is your problem.

Thanks all. I "solved" the problem by removing 0.8 and downloading "0.81 full" as any atempt with 0.8 plus upgrade to 0.81 failed.
    My first balloon:

i have the same problem with a new campaign selection - cannot select. but i can load and play .80 saved games. i`ve been told not to do it b/c the game may act weirdly. but can anyone say what exactly or the worst that can happen?

no, just wierd stuff. Your PC won't explode or something. YOur campaign 'll just be wierd for the first years.

it has kind of....i`ve lost 2 cities after being attacked by carthage and eiperos with qualitively superior troops. also i think my income has dropped but im not that sure