Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for v0.81

Default Re: Suggestions for v0.81

Quote Originally Posted by Alkiviadis
    Is it possible in the future the team add some cities?
    Maybe Thebes,Argos,Nice,Naplese etc...
    The game will be more better or will be a mess?
    What is your opinion?
    There will be no changes like that to the map. Our map has as many cities as RTW will allow us. Unfortunately MTW2 only allows us 198, so when we move to that engine, we'll have even less cities.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Thanks Foot...
    I remember before two years when i played RTR had more cities how's that?
    Anyway...it has too much cities...
    Thanks again...

Thanks Foot...
    I remember before two years when i played RTR had more cities how's that?
    Anyway...it has too much cities...
    Thanks again...
    No they didn't, they just had areas such as greece packed with cities, but other areas with less. RTW allows no more than 199 provinces on the map, both RTR and EB can have no more than that.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Gah, why do CA insist on putting caps on everything like amount of settlements or faction limit.

Here are some of my personal suggestions for further improvement. The mod is great and I love it but I'd maybe change these things:

-as some people said before, I'd reduce traits. It's just too much. I have around 70 active family members and can't take care of all of them constantly and they end up fat, stupid and negative in the end.

- change the triumph trait. It's practically impossible to get. I have great generals who are victors over some people, subiugator athenae, a.s.o. and never get it.seems bugged.

- check generals bodyguards. while some like Sweboz, Roman, KH,... seem to be ok. Carthaginian generals seem way too overpowered and most of them get up to 100 guards. Those guys are superhuman, imho.

- change model of Marian legionaries. The braccae should be removed on all Marian troops, helmets of Antesignani and Cohors Evocata really need to be changed. Evocati wear a later Gallic, don't remember the Antesignani now but I think it looked Italic when I last time saw it (will check ingame again)

- reduce rebels spawning maybe.

- I don't know what could be done about Parthia. I would like to see them a bit stronger. In all my campaigns so far they were wiped out by Baktria.

- maybe a multiple temple addition would be nice. that would make other minor temples like the one to Vesta or Iuno or Mars more interesting as secondary temples.
    Last edited by L.C.Cinna; 03-18-2007 at 12:39.
    My first balloon:

If the AI is somwhat moddable (or whatever part of it is) EB should focus on that (battlefield AI I mean).

I havent heard anyone from EB talk about what they're doing to the AI.

Member Member Alexander the Adequate's Avatar
    Tolland, Conneticut, USA, North America, Eath, Sol, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Cluster, The Known Universe

I have two suggestions:

1. Give nomads major economic aid

2. Create a full Punic war script script (traits, family member spawns, units being deployed over the alps, etc.)
    The statement below is false.
    The statement above is true.

(\_/) Add the bunny 2 ur sig
    (o.o) and help him achive
    (>.<) global domination!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Suggestions for v0.81

Quote Originally Posted by K COSSACK
    If the AI is somwhat moddable (or whatever part of it is) EB should focus on that (battlefield AI I mean).

I havent heard anyone from EB talk about what they're doing to the AI.
    A.I. performance on the battlefield can be improved through optimizing the formation files, but that's about all you can do to influence the battle A.I. The EB team has made their own historical formations, but they aren't fully optimized yet. In the mean time, you could try one of Thorlof's formation modifications in the unofficial modding forum. I haven't tested them myself (will do so soon), but I am told they do improve the battle A.I.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Adequate
    Create a full Punic war script script (traits, family member spawns, units being deployed over the alps, etc.)
    You ain't getting hannibal. EB has a policy that while we set up the historical conditions at 272BCE, we do not follow history (except for such things as reforms, and we try to have them as dynamic). Caesar, Marius, Sulla etc are not going to be spawned, we are allowing you to recreate history. The same thing stands for units being deployed over the alps - happened because Hannibal planned it so, and we will not force it.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Another Pontos nitpick....Priest of Kybele ancillary gives a Farming bonus, but the temple itself has nothing to do with farming. Not that I mind having a bunch of good farming ancillaries...but, it doesn't seem right...just a heads-up. Gotta make sure you people don't forget my fave faction!
    Pontos rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    No they didn't, they just had areas such as greece packed with cities, but other areas with less. RTW allows no more than 199 provinces on the map, both RTR and EB can have no more than that.

Foot
    Thanks Foot...
    So in one province had 2 or 3 cities right?

Thanks Foot...
    So in one province had 2 or 3 cities right?
    No, you can only have one city in a province.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

I was just reading about that Jewish holy temple thing in the region of moderday Jeruesalem and I was wondering if I could be possible via scripting so every time you'd destroy it a few years later to a decade it would get rebuilt.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I don't really think that is correct.

The Romans only destroyed it once - the second one rebuilt by Nehemiah and Ezra - , killed 2 million Jews, and banned Jewish return to the area because they were too annoying to deal with. The Babylonians destroyed the first Temple(Solomon's restored by Josiah).

Judaism then became decentralized and based around interpretation of a spoken law by certain Rabbis(the outgrowth of the old Pharesee sect seen in the Greek Scriptures) that (J/Y)H(V/W)H gave Moses via the Talmuds rather than the old Jewish law if my knowledge of Jewish History is correct.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

That will get fixed when we totally redo priests as ancillaries in the hopefully near future elminster. Our trait dept (bozos) knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    That will get fixed when we totally redo priests as ancillaries in the hopefully near future elminster. Our trait dept (bozos) knows about it.
    Referring to my post before:
    Do you know if the Roman units will be redone as well in the future?
    My first balloon:

Quote Originally Posted by L.C.Cinna
    Referring to my post before:
    Do you know if the Roman units will be redone as well in the future?
    The current Roman FC is making a very large list of changes for current roman models. However these are obviously a low priority, so don't expect them for the next release.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

I don't know anything about Roman unit equipment. I can't answer questions on that. I will say that the number of traits will not be reduced and that parthia is undergoing major changes still, in response to some other questions you posed.

Quote Originally Posted by L.C.Cinna
    I have around 70 active family members and can't take care of all of them constantly and they end up fat, stupid and negative in the end.
    Mine are all heading that way too

...this ai is just like real life :)

@Foot:ah thank you. I do understand that it's not a priority. the current models are great and I'm just asking.

@Teleklos thank you. Can't wait to see what you're going to make out of Parthia

Great mod. thank you all for the great work.
    My first balloon:

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Goodie! I religiously(hah! lame pun) build each different type of temple, according greater prominence to them based upon how the faction revered them(build lots of Temples of Men as Pontos, for example), but I have at least one of each at any given time, and part of the fun is seeing what all of them do and what the priests do(one my problems with BI was that nearly all of that variety was gone.) I often swap them around depending on what a given family member is going to be up to, so it bugs me to have three temples have priests with the same bonus a little....
    Pontos rocks!

Hip! Hip! EB! Hip! Hip! EB! Member Swebozbozboz's Avatar

@cinna - Doesn't everyone end up a lecher, fat, ugly, drunk and stupid? or is it just my family...

i love all the traits i think they are great! don't get rid of any of them. cinna can just go and delete a bunch of them out of the sciprt as a mini-mod maybe.

on the topic of eb2. i have not played mtw2 so i have no idea on the mechanics of it but i'll paint you a picture of my question: let's say i have a great Sweboz general who has a son who picks up traits like scared of blood and other wussy traits. he may be a great administrator though. my great general understands the importance of a good education but barbarian factions cannot seem to build schools. so maybe, like in the civilisation series,my son could enter into an allied factions city, like rome or athens, and he could get educated and come back? that would be sweet!

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I don't think you can do that... Though it might be interest to have some sort of 'Former Foreign Hostage' trait that represents a child, formerly kept as a good will hostage in a foreign(allied) court.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

I have played the Total War series for many years now (starting with Shogun), and it has always irritated me that buildings have no requirement for upkeep. It seems to me that a major new building, with tangible benefits for your faction, should require a continuing investment to keep it functioning.

If your faction runs out of money, your buildings should start degrading - forcing you to sell buildings you cannot afford to maintain.

It seems to me that scripting may finally provide a way to change all that!

Idea 1. Scripting deducts upkeep for selected buildings and damages them if the money is not available.

Idea 2. Scripting automatically damages buildings at intervals - obliging you to spend money to repair them if you want their functionality back.

I like Idea 2 best, because it creates new strategic decisions for you to make. Also, you can effectively switch it off with Auto-manage.

I believe the AI can cope with damaged buildings - my sabotage results are always fixed on the next turn, but I don't know if scripting can identify which buildings you have in order to decide whether to damage them.

Any interest in this?

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

Are you sure you don't have access to EB's Backstage? We were talking about that two days ago.

That's all I'm going to say for now.

Now THAT is a really good way of depriving factions of some excess cash

This would place a 'limited' hand-brake on the "I've captured a few provinces so am now unstoppable" syndrome of TW games.

Great idea! Hopefully you EB'ers can do something with it.

Cheers,

Quilts

Terrible Turk Member Little Legioner's Avatar
    Somewhere in Balkans. Collecting younglings for the Janissary corps. Preparing the troops for upcoming war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbass
    I think epeirus are too strong; as the maks I kicked them out of Greece, they then manage to go from just taras to taking rome and capua. The seleucids may be a bit too strong too(or ptolemaioi too weak) because they've already taken alexandria and memphis (by 264) leaving ptolemaioi in the desert. Maybe you could make factions like pontos, pahlav, hayasdan stronger to increase the pressure for seleucids. However I love the knew ways the ai advances; rome now advance south taking rhegium, carthage take sicily which means there is a epic battle for rome (carthage + rome against the epeirotes).
    This is so true. Seleucids become a unstoppable monster in few turns due to other small kingdoms weakness. In my few Pontos campaign experiments they crushed me to pieces while i was setting up my economy. I had only Amaseia and Sinope plus a small army because of financial limitations. I'm sure of that other fellas such Hayasdan, Pahlava etc is not so different. For a real challenge and oppurtunity you may give something to small eastern kingdoms.

Finest goods and lowest prices in all Cyrodiil.

The Ptolemaioi, Seleukid thing seems quite ok imho. I read from several people here that AS is the uber-monster. Others said that the Ptolemaioi crush the AS. What I noticed is that it often seems to depend on Carthage. If Carthage attacks the Ptolies AS will become the strongest faction there, if the Ptolies are left alone they will crush AS.

I played 3 campaigns with the Romani now. In the first 2 I captured the islands from Carthage and went to Africa. In those games the Ptolies took Cyrene and then crushed the AS completely. this time I attacked Spain after taking the islands and left Carthage for some time until I had captured Gallia. They went east and took all of Egypt. The Ptolies were on the run and AS regained lots of territory until I attacked Carthage and the Ptolies could take back Egypt. then they went to exterminate the AS. Bactria helped in all my campaigns to kill the AS.

I think Ptolies and AS are actually pretty balanced. if AS is weakened more they will be crushed in every campaign. It all depends on where the player sits. If you're in the west and fight Carthage the Ptolies will nearly always win. So maybe the thing which would help is making Cyrene harder to access for Carthage, then the Ptolie/AS fight in the east is a pretty ballanced thing.
    My first balloon:

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

Trait suggestion: what about making the 'very unsure troops' decrease the personal security of the general in charge? It's only natural that the troops would be more inclined to bump off a particular fellow who they believe will lead them to their deaths. It should also have an influence drop, and vice versa for 'very confident troops'.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

well i don't know if this is the right thread to post this but anyway..: in the hellenic speach the word phalangitai deuteroi is pronounsed
    de-fte-ry and not de-u-te-ro-i the letter u is pronounced f and the letters deuteroi are pronounced together as one like this word normally..if you want any help with the pronouncing of the hellenic troops
    speech i'm in your service.... i'm greek and the pronouncing in eb is a little funny to me !!!!!!
    Last edited by The Wicked; 03-27-2007 at 19:01.

"Alexander came by the statue of his father and spoke loud: `Youths of the Pellaians and of the Macedonians and of the Hellenic Amphictiony and of the Lakedaimonians and of the Corinthians... and of all the Hellenic peoples, join your fellow-soldiers and entrust yourselves to me, so that we can move against the barbarians and liberate ourselves from the Persian bondage, for AS Hellenes WE should not be slaves to barbarians."

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast