Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Suggestions for v0.81

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Suggestions for v0.81

All hardcoded faction slots for EB1 are full. For EB2, there will be more slots available, but a Nubian or Eithiopian faction probably won't make it into EB2, either. They weren't relatively powerful or expansionistic. Plus, they would have wanted to expand south too, and the map edge stops them from interacting with that area.

See the EB2 forums for new faction discussions, such as Nubia and Eithiopia.

Land bridge across English Channel to involve Casse in mainland expansion and cause human player to actually worry about invasion from mainland. Probably been brought up before and not included for good reasons. Worth a shot but.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberius Victor
    Land bridge across English Channel to involve Casse in mainland expansion and cause human player to actually worry about invasion from mainland. Probably been brought up before and not included for good reasons. Worth a shot but.
    Could be for a mini-mod. Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish, but there's a simple reason why not to implement into main EB: Casse weren't involved in mainland expansion.

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

And landbridges represent straits which were easy to cross without having to resort to largescale efforts, as represented by using fleets in EB; view it as using local boats to paddle across or something like that. The English Channel was not such an area.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

while talking about the Casse, i thought that another british faction should be there, since the Casse have no real enemies on the entire british islands (eleutheroi, but they wont exactly wage war will they?) im sure there was a famous tribe in scotland/ireland or wales that could be included.
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

I bet a lot of people would like to see the Goidols(sp? Irish blokes anyway) fleshed out a bit
    Anyway thats the fun with the Casse, you can fight your little vs eleuthoroi wars for Britannia, then when you've conquered your world, launch the blue scourge on everyone else's

Quote Originally Posted by Thaatu
    Could be for a mini-mod. Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish, but there's a simple reason why not to implement into main EB: Casse weren't involved in mainland expansion.
    So why exactly do the Casse exist in EB, anyway? Seems like faction slots are a major limitation, and this one appears to do almost nothing. They didn't do anything historically, they don't do anything under AI control (I don't count conquering the British Isles as "doing anything" since no other faction really cares that they do so). I'm sure they're a fine hands-off faction for testing, and apparently they're fun for players. But people talk about Numidia, or Syracuse, or I'd think a second Sweboz-like faction up in the Poland/Russia area to resist bizarre AI Greek/Roman expansion in that direction would all be more valuable than a bunch of blue guys just sitting around in the corner swimming in huge piles of gold (I think AI Casse has over a million mnai banked in my campaign).

Anyway, this is not meant as a criticism, I'm sure there's a good reason for the Casse being in the game. But I've been puzzled by that for quite some time, and this seems like a good chance to ask about it...

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

I'd suggest using the search feature to look for 'Casse'. There have been plenty of debates on the subject.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

I think it will be worth to reduce some insignificant buldings' cost. Coz pay 3-5k for miserable 5 % happiness - is a insane. Also I'm wondering why markets are SO expensive and long ?

5% happiness is insignificant ? Before long, you'll need all the happiness you can get. Anyway, everything costs a lot in EB, which makes you have to take some bread or butter decisions. Unless you play one of the rich factions like Romans that is.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

How about a trade bonus to factions who control trade route such as spice, amber, silk etc road , to control the route factions must occupied settlements which link the route. Sorry if it's already in the mods

Already in. We have unique buildings in those settlements along important trade routes. We also have buildings that allow you to set up your own trade routes.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Elite Peasant Member Son of Perun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    We also have buildings that allow you to set up your own trade routes.
    Really? Which are they?

Quote Originally Posted by caksz
    How about a trade bonus to factions who control trade route such as spice, amber, silk etc road , to control the route factions must occupied settlements which link the route. Sorry if it's already in the mods
    Okay Foot already mentioned that they are in; here they are:
    By default there are two routes:
    -Amber Route;
    -Silk Road;
    But you can add your own web of trade routes IF you are AS; Saba, Saka, Sauromatae, or Baktria using this:
    -Trade Caravan "structure". Starting at scouting parties to contact traders to stop by in your local settlement; ending at a form or organized/sponsored trade routes.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge
    I think it will be worth to reduce some insignificant buldings' cost. Coz pay 3-5k for miserable 5 % happiness - is a insane. Also I'm wondering why markets are SO expensive and long ?
    Buildings aren't designed to have a direct cost to benefit ratio. As it was historically, some things cost a lot of money and took years to build with very little end benefit.

Make the Swardimannoz and Wodanawulfoz cost less or stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by jhhowell
    So why exactly do the Casse exist in EB, anyway? Seems like faction slots are a major limitation, and this one appears to do almost nothing. They didn't do anything historically, they don't do anything under AI control (I don't count conquering the British Isles as "doing anything" since no other faction really cares that they do so). I'm sure they're a fine hands-off faction for testing, and apparently they're fun for players. But people talk about Numidia, or Syracuse, or I'd think a second Sweboz-like faction up in the Poland/Russia area to resist bizarre AI Greek/Roman expansion in that direction would all be more valuable than a bunch of blue guys just sitting around in the corner swimming in huge piles of gold (I think AI Casse has over a million mnai banked in my campaign).

Anyway, this is not meant as a criticism, I'm sure there's a good reason for the Casse being in the game. But I've been puzzled by that for quite some time, and this seems like a good chance to ask about it...
    Chea, add the western edges of India or China ftw!!! XD lol
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Just had a quick go as Selucid(sp?) empire. I noticed that the Jewish spear men cost more than the Hellenic spear men but are less effective. It seems to me that the pricing of units edges the player to the better units even if they don't have a stable economy The difference in cost between lesser troops and the average kind isn't that great, it means with a little extra money you can have something far better. Same difference between the average troops and elites. A little more money and you get so much more. Only units like native phalanx and the Hellenic variety feel right in cost to me. Anyone else finding this or am I being picky?

Well, costs are just based on the stats of the unit.

I would amagine it would cost more to get a native unit, like a Jewish unit, to work for you then it would take to get your own people to work for you.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314